-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For years I had a restaurant style refrigerated kegerator in my garage. I'd buy the cheap but tasty 40 dollar 15 gallon kegs of Natural Lite and the occasional bottle of CO2. Hundreds of gallons of beer flowed through that spout. Add a pool table and the picken's are ripe.

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
The grocery stores in Cologne Germany sell those 5L mini-kegs of Kolsch from the local breweries, they go for about 10 Euros each there($12). They're gravity fed so I stick them in the fridge on the top shelf. There's no tap mechanism, just vent it, pull the petcock out and pour into a glass. All I've had have been great, but once you open it it's not going to stay fresh, you can't drink half then come back a few days later and expect good beer. Once you open it you need to finish it pretty quick. 5 liters is about 14 twelve ounce beers so it's not that much, two guys can easily finish one off in one sitting, or one guy if you're on your game.

I like them, most people over here haven't seen them so my guests think they're neat. The local german beer is great stuff so it's a good way for me to bring home some good beer most folks have never had for cheap.

Fresh Kolsch, yum!

You're giving some folks an education in what proper light bodied yet flavorful beer is like, quite superior to American mass market swill.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
And the bottle lids made great joint holders........

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Remember when refrigerated keg dispensers were required equipment in every midcentury den?

Guy up the street had one in his garage which he (stupidly) left unlocked. He chased us down the street in his robe one night, we were on skateboards and had three, one gal milk jugs full each at about 1am.

Badass

SOP where I grew up.

We had a line on more than one.

If not a kegerator, than the garage/patio fridge kept full of Hamm's or Oly.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Remember when refrigerated keg dispensers were required equipment in every midcentury den?

Guy up the street had one in his garage which he (stupidly) left unlocked. He chased us down the street in his robe one night, we were on skateboards and had three, one gal milk jugs full each at about 1am.

Badass

SOP where I grew up.

Beer fridge is a necessity.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
The grocery stores in Cologne Germany sell those 5L mini-kegs of Kolsch from the local breweries, they go for about 10 Euros each there($12). They're gravity fed so I stick them in the fridge on the top shelf. There's no tap mechanism, just vent it, pull the petcock out and pour into a glass. All I've had have been great, but once you open it it's not going to stay fresh, you can't drink half then come back a few days later and expect good beer. Once you open it you need to finish it pretty quick. 5 liters is about 14 twelve ounce beers so it's not that much, two guys can easily finish one off in one sitting, or one guy if you're on your game.

I like them, most people over here haven't seen them so my guests think they're neat. The local german beer is great stuff so it's a good way for me to bring home some good beer most folks have never had for cheap.

All of the bier houses in Germany are that way.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by blindshooter

Badass

SOP where I grew up.

Yours is locked, right?

I know there's some teenagers in NC.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by blindshooter

Badass

SOP where I grew up.

Yours is locked, right?

I know there's some teenagers in NC.

Yep, attached garage, anything worth a chit is locked up.
Crackheads will get low hanging fruit in the blink of an eye.

Ahh! "teens"
Yes, no shortage of teens. NbN and all that.

Last edited by blindshooter; 12/21/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The boys brought up three kegs from Texas . . .gonna tap them tomorrow!

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I love the draft when we to the Meskin restaurant.

Last edited by hanco; 12/24/20.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (257Bob, 270wsmnutt, 35, 338Rules, 2500HD, 62 invisible), 2,853 guests, and 1,417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,684
Posts18,534,422
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.