-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Outfitter/guide buddy of mine dropped by last weekend. He spends around 80 days a year tent living while guiding.

He’s a no bs guy, 60 years old just in on his 51st ram 🐏 kill.

I asked him about Kuiu, Sitka he’s had and used it all. He likes it but think it overpriced vs performance of other products available.

He’s using it cause he bought it & it’s a good conversation starter w clients like the rest of us w little to no experience w it.

Last edited by 2legit2quit; 12/22/20.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Weather gear is like accessories for your truck, you don’t limit yourself to a single vendor.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Saw they have a blaze orange vest for a cool hundo. Nothing special, just an orange vest with two pockets. $100 bucks. I suppose if it comes with that bitchin' window decal it's worth it. People have to know you're a Baller.

Damn right!!!

😃

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Brushed Polyester clothing made in China. Hell yea it is worth it . grin

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not putting anyone's advertising on my pickup or anywhere else unless they pay me to advertise for them. Why should I pay them to advertise for them? That's total BS. They should be paying me. I won't buy anything with someone's advertising other than the brand name of what I'm buying. I'm not paying a premium for a jacket that says Ruger unless Ruger pays for part of it. I'm not doing their advertising for them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by OldHat
Status.

Yep like Yeti

Funny this game up; I was shopping on MWUSA the other day and about gagged when I saw $530 for a pair of pants!?!?

Dayum!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I'm not putting anyone's advertising on my pickup or anywhere else unless they pay me to advertise for them. Why should I pay them to advertise for them? That's total BS. They should be paying me. I won't buy anything with someone's advertising other than the brand name of what I'm buying. I'm not paying a premium for a jacket that says Ruger unless Ruger pays for part of it. I'm not doing their advertising for them.

I doubt anyone’s writing this guy a check. But I have heard rumors from my saggy friends. If you want the hos..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That’s a bad mofo ride right there 😂

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It 's not even a 4x4. It's just a marshmallow without that.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If talking waders, USIA are tough to beat.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It is hunting, not a fashion show. I use good stuff but I got a Sitka jacket on the REAL cheap so I bought it. My Drake that cost about 1/3 is just as warm.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only Sitka gear I have was given to me as birthday or Christmas presents.
Does it work well? Yes
Do I like it? Yes
Would I ever pay the outrageous price for it? No

Same goes for the Yeti stuff I have

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Opinions on products range between those who can afford it, pay full price & give it a reasonable & honest evaluation vs those who think there are always better-because-it’s-cheaper options.

You forgot cheaper AND better option.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I use the old fashion method. No cotton. Layers with a shell. My wife fixes and patches.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Got a bunch of Sitka a few years back but find it is kind of fussy and I got wet in it several times this year. Riley and his buddies bought Kuiu and with both now much prefer Kuiu. Neither is cheap.

I have a lot of Simms stuff and have had two kinds of CS, either fantastic or horrible, with nothing in between. I will only buy their waders now and would go elsewhere in a heartbeat.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by OldHat
I use the old fashion method. No cotton. Layers with a shell. My wife fixes and patches.

I agree.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Just from what I gather - most that have tried it, love it & those that have never tried swear to never pay that price for it.
Has anyone tried and not been that impressed with it? Is it that much more comfortable and warmer than Drake, Banded, etc?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrazyCoot
Just curious to hear from those of you that have tried Sitka and I’m really only interested in their waterfowl line as that’s primarily the only hunting I have time for now. Is it worth the extra $? If so, how? Anyone tried it and not been pleased with it?
I've been fairly pleased with Drake and other brands for years, but several of my buddies have slowly switched to Sitka and seem to love it. I'm interested in any input.

Find out where it is made. Probably China. Does the fact that you can't find out where it is made anywhere on the Sitka internet sites tell you anything? If it was made in the U.S.A. that would be a prominent part of their advertising. Does that answer your question?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Find out where it is made. Probably China. Does the fact that you can't find out where it is made anywhere on the Sitka internet sites tell you anything? If it was made in the U.S.A. that would be a prominent part of their advertising. Does that answer your question?

Not at all

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Made in China. My older Sitka was made in Vietnam.

Robert E. Lee
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1_deuce, 1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,560 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,560
Posts18,473,140
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.