-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It looks like my Dad, nephew, B-I-L, and I are headed out west for a week of trout fishing this summer. I always prefer WY and would prefer a trip in WY but open to other options. Likely looking for some combination of 2-3 days floating, 2-3 days wading. My Dad isn't too steady on his feet wading on slippery rocks, and/or swift water, hence the floating portion. I've never done a guided float trip so am open to give it whirl. I suspect my nephew and I will be flyfishing, Dad and B-I-L spinning.

Any outfitters to recommend? Best weeks?

Thanks.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by bwinters
It looks like my Dad, nephew, B-I-L, and I are headed out west for a week of trout fishing this summer. I always prefer WY and would prefer a trip in WY but open to other options. Likely looking for some combination of 2-3 days floating, 2-3 days wading. My Dad isn't too steady on his feet wading on slippery rocks, and/or swift water, hence the floating portion. I've never done a guided float trip so am open to give it whirl. I suspect my nephew and I will be flyfishing, Dad and B-I-L spinning.

Any outfitters to recommend? Best weeks?

Thanks.

Want all days guided or only the floating days?Fishing multiple rivers or stick to one river system?

Budget and amenities?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Right now it's a bit open. I'd guess all days guided, minimal amenities ( I dont need brie and caviar as a shore lunch), multiple rivers is my best guess.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Montana has be best rivers and you can wade any creek or river up to the high water mark if you can access the stream from a public right of way.. Bridges are great... I love it.. Don't fish at home much any more...

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by bwinters
Right now it's a bit open. I'd guess all days guided, minimal amenities ( I dont need brie and caviar as a shore lunch), multiple rivers is my best guess.

These guys have a great reputation. As far as time to go. In April, May before the run off or end of June , July. Of course snow pack varies. I suggest a day at Hegben Lake too

https://www.blueribbonflies.com/guide-trips/

Last edited by ribka; 12/22/20.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks ribka! I'll check them out.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Ugly Bug Fly Shop on Casper. Fish the North Platte, great fishing for big rainbows and browns. Maybe talk with Hacks in Saratoga , Wy.
Brush Creek Ranch has some pretty interesting stays with fishing of you have the cash, also near Saratoga.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by wytex
Ugly Bug Fly Shop on Casper. Fish the North Platte, great fishing for big rainbows and browns. Maybe talk with Hacks in Saratoga , Wy.
Brush Creek Ranch has some pretty interesting stays with fishing of you have the cash, also near Saratoga.

Love the north Platte in winter. No crowds and big fish on tiny flies

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,427
Posts18,470,733
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.