Originally Posted by jdunham
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by pointer
I've used the 139gr and 136gr L on pronghorn and deer out of a 260 Rem. I can't tell a difference in on game performance or on a target. Nothing but good things to say about each. I'll likely not use a different bullet out of that rifle.

My current WT Creed load is with 136L Scenars. I was wondering what difference you saw with them vs. the 139, which I also like. You noted not much difference regarding terminal performance. My Creed shoots sub half MOA with the 123 Scenar. I went with a slightly heavier bullet for WT's, just never killed one. Too many other projects. Maybe I should stick with the 123's.

I'd try the 123 on deer for sure. I haven't shot a lot of animals with it out of my .260 but it worked great on a sheep, a pronghorn and a deer.

Thanks for that info.

As well as this Creed shoots that bullet, that may definitely be an option.

DF
I'd not be scared of the 123gr on deer with what I've saw out of the 139/136gr versions. I only tried the 136gr as I hadn't gotten my loading stuff set up after a move/remodel so bought some Berger ammo with the 136gr L (unfortunately now discontinued). It shot well and I've had complete penetration, except for one, and more than ample wound channels on deer/pronghorn from 347yds to 70yds. The one bullet I caught was a spine shot on a doe whitetail at 150yds. Found under offside hide after smashing through the spine. I'm happy with it even though my groups aren't as small as yours...

Good info, thanks.

Well, it was just a 3 shot group.... blush

grin

DF

But a nice Creed rifle. Shilen barrel, McWoody Mtn Rifle stock, pillared, bedded and free floated, NF SHV 3-10x42 in Talley LW's.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

About ready to put together the same blueprint for my daughter. What contour on the barrel?

#2 Shilen, 23".

DF