-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Small business owner. Hired my first employee in Feb 2020. Hard working young man but raised by drugged out Libs. He asked if he could take the unemployment pay raise and we had the “what kind of a man do you wanna be?” talk. He made the right decision and then decided he would like to vote for DJT so I took him down and got him registered and gave him the afternoon off to cast his ballot.

Business is good and 2021 is on track to be a banner year for us.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We were hit initially as most companies held cash while they figured out what was happening. After that, business accelerated pretty rapidly. Supply chain sucks, but we were able to stay ahead of it, for the most part, while our competition was caught flat footed and unaware.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

Glad you guys are all having a good year.

Fuggerz......

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higginez
Small business owner. Hired my first employee in Feb 2020. Hard working young man but raised by drugged out Libs. He asked if he could take the unemployment pay raise and we had the “what kind of a man do you wanna be?” talk. He made the right decision and then decided he would like to vote for DJT so I took him down and got him registered and gave him the afternoon off to cast his ballot.

Don't know what you do, what he earns, or if he can have a career working for you.

But I'm pretty sure he is better off for having worked for you!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
$600 worth of scratchoffs?

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by conrad101st
Here in Oklahoma, the energy sector is basically at a standstill. 8 to 12 rigs operating now. So yes many people are getting hammered and most of them are white and hard working republicans. Energy production provides the capital for a huge chunk of the economy here.

And those same people will get hit the hardest by the green fascism.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

It's great to hear about people having positive experiences based upon their own responsible and free choices.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wife switched to a better paying job and my annual bonus was at a higher percentage than targeted. About the only thing that has changed for us is we don’t shop in the biggest town with the most options because of a mask mandate. The neighboring towns get our money now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I haven't received any government money and won't . I haven't had any loss of income due to Covid .

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by 16bore
$600 worth of scratchoffs?

That's better than scratch and sniffs.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hanco
Americans are in a toilet swirling toward the drain.
Yep - because most are so afraid of what the gov't's gonna do if they go against "orders" and open their businesses... I've said many, many times to everybody I know around here - EVERY business should just open up on a certain day and stay open.... What're they gonna do? Lock up 100 million+ business owners?? Open up en masse and tacitly tell the dickheaded governors to stick it...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by hanco
Americans are in a toilet swirling toward the drain.
Yep - because most are so afraid of what the gov't's gonna do if they go against "orders" and open their businesses... I've said many, many times to everybody I know around here - EVERY business should just open up on a certain day and stay open.... What're they gonna do? Lock up 100 million+ business owners?? Open up en masse and tacitly tell the dickheaded governors to stick it...

The choices we make in life. Nothing is closed where I live.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Don't know what you do, what he earns, or if he can have a career working for you.

But I'm pretty sure he is better off for having worked for you!

He’s proven to be a loyal worker and will get a substantial pay raise the first of the year.

And yeah, the kid is smart enough to know his family are the “takers” and it’s something he doesn’t wish to be.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Wife has been unable to do therapy with her clients, except for a temporary permission to do phone services. We lost 600 dollars a month from her checks after taxes. We drew a loan from 401k that would keep us going. Been tight and after 9 months still no end in sight. Just glad we had enough saved up to keep us going before we needed the 401k.

We will catch up fast once things open up. I have been full time the entire year and I just have been thankful to have a job that is essential.

Just bad timing as we were in the middle of heavily paying off debt and had stopped saving as much as usual and had less than usual available for the day to day. Luckily we had paid off our credit cards and student loan and thus the monthly bills were lower as well.

Just caught us in transition but we will bounce back smile

Last edited by mjbgalt; 12/28/20.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
All jobs are essential.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Really two things in one in this thread:

- My family, wife and I, had zero effect of shutdown/loss. Our jobs kept on going. I work in SW development and we kept moving, just working from home, Wife works in a CPA office and all that really happened there was her expected "April tax push" moved to the summer.

- Our kids: school teacher - no change, just worked at home, OT at a school - same. Other two are both in medical/virus research fields and had no effect on their income

- the only extended famliy person it hit was my sisiter, she got "laid off" but the extra unemployment she actually took home more than when working. She's back full time, all others had zero effect

The debt, it's so big now I don't really consider it a thing. We owe, other countries owe us, it will all just go along until some way future point (hopefully) that it either just "goes away" or the world economy crashes. Our debt is a debt, but other countries owe us a ton of money as well,

As for $600/person (or $2000), if that money makes a make/break difference then you have problems regardless. It, at best, carries someone for a month, then what. As for things like eviction coverage, that's all well and good, so we don't boot people out of rentals, that's nice. But what about the landlord who now has no income?

Last edited by Bob_H_in_NH; 12/28/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Family wise - we're all WFH so no impact. Work wise for me - I'm busier than any other time in my career. Been crazy.

GF's boys worked at a restaurant and they had 2 weeks where no income but then did curbside and was back to normal.

Me

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
this has not impacted me in a negative way yet. a fact that i am always thankful for. but if this crapfest gets any worse, i will probably lose my job at some point in the coming year. the company is already greasing the skids for a layoff if things keep going the way they are. they will use it as a way to get rid of the older, better paid individuals such as myself. it is an MO they are famous for.

My diploma is a DD214
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by MichieD
All jobs are essential.

Truth

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by conrad101st
Here in Oklahoma, the energy sector is basically at a standstill. 8 to 12 rigs operating now. So yes many people are getting hammered and most of them are white and hard working republicans. Energy production provides the capital for a huge chunk of the economy here.

And your vote for Biden helped them how?

This ^^^

And what about all the pork being sent to other countries that people here could have benefited from? President Trump wanted to give AMERICANS (not illegal immigrants) $2000. How the Fuggg did anyone vote for Biden? People really are stupid.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (arky65, anothergun, Amos63, Basser, 35, 6 invisible), 2,001 guests, and 758 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,644
Posts18,533,689
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.