-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Self checkout is just one more of those things where I have to follow my wife around and do what she says... like Joe Biden and Jill Biden.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Scanning a barcode ain’t that hard. Usually no waiting and no stupid small talk. Get in, get out, and get on with my life.

Where is the LIKE button?

But..... but.........

You doing there job for them....
Supposed throw your stuff down and walk out in a hissy....
Cashier can’t bitch about how she’s 5 min late for her break....

Now that the Walmart’s pretty much doesn’t sell Ammo, i don’t buy smokes. No need for a cashier.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Paul_M
And why is it there always seems to be 3 employees hanging around the self check out watching to make sure everyone is scanning all their items.
If there are that many people needed to monitor self check out, why not just open 3 more registers?

That is kinda funny. It takes 2-3 employees to make 1 self-checkout lane work. smile

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Walmart can afford someone to make sure you are not stealing, but not to check us out?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Paul_M
And why is it there always seems to be 3 employees hanging around the self check out watching to make sure everyone is scanning all their items.
If there are that many people needed to monitor self check out, why not just open 3 more registers?

That is kinda funny. It takes 2-3 employees to make 1 self-checkout lane work. smile

Lol.

I usually see just one, sometimes two employees covering 6 to 10 self-checkout lanes at Walmart. They are there to watch, approve age restricted items (cough syrup, nicotine gum, etc.) and to remove anti-theft packaging.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Do all of you anti self checkout live somewhere that gas stations still have full service? If not, do you have the same complaints about pumping your own gas?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sparky70
Do all of you anti self checkout live somewhere that gas stations still have full service? If not, do you have the same complaints about pumping your own gas?

Who's complaining, bro? We're just here having some fun. Buy some boxers at Walmart. Get rid of them tighty-whities. They're crampin your style.

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Self checkout is just one more of those things where I have to follow my wife around and do what she says... like Joe Biden and Jill Biden.

No kidding. My incompetence now extends beyond not putting groceries in the refrigerator properly, apparently I’m just as inept at putting them in a plastic bag.

------------------------
John
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
Is it really any faster?

And why do I feel like I am employed there while I’m trying to figure all this out?

Your W2 is in the mail....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i don't trust those scanners. i think they give you the cane ser. if a store don't have the manual cash registers i throw my sheit on the floor and walk out with both fingers in the air.

there, hit two threads in one.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I

Self service gasoline is easy and fast. Self service groceries is complicated. I only use it if I have a few items. Once I had a lot, and there was a long line the cashier. I got frustrated and said very loudly, "Help, help, this damned place is an advertisement for (their competitor)." Someone came over right away and checked out my stuff.

Now I only go right when it opens on Monday morning. Cashier checks me out. Place is deserted. No waiting.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
No.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Self service gasoline is easy and fast. Self service groceries is complicated. I only use it if I have a few items. Once I had a lot, and there was a long line the cashier. I got frustrated and said very loudly, "Help, help, this damned place is an advertisement for (their competitor)." Someone came over right away and checked out my stuff.

Now I only go right when it opens on Monday morning. Cashier checks me out. Place is deserted. No waiting.

Running a bar code across a scanner is far less complicated than operating whatever you used to log in here, be it a smart phone or computer.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I use the self checkout as much as possible, so I don't have to talk to the retard at the register: just the retard that comes over to check my age when buying shotgun shells.

It takes a [bleep] of people to generate, install and maintain those machines, let alone the retard standing there watching everyone and rebooting machines when needed, so the job stealing thing holds no water in my mind.

I like 'em.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Schitt be like kryptonite to some people.

LOL!!!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Who goes to a big assed store for just a couple things?

Thats dumb.

"I don't like people"......so you buy a can of sardines, a sleeve of crackers and a roll of one ply every day?

Makes sense. ...

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
When using the self checkout, who do you tip?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Never have used self checkout as we always pay with cash or check and never via credit card for groceries and don't have nor want a debit card.

Used to sometimes work with a Diebold field technician. He told me Diebold manufactured, sold, installed, and serviced self checkout equipment for many major chain stores. He said they were so trouble prone they had to have dedicated Diebold technicians either on site or on call 24/7 to keep them up and running and they don't work cheap.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I usually see just one, sometimes two employees covering 6 to 10 self-checkout lanes at Walmart. They are there to watch, approve age restricted items (cough syrup, nicotine gum, etc.) and to remove anti-theft packaging.
For a while Home Depot was flagging spray paint at the self service machings. The store here, at least, quit doing that. I guess they sold so much that their people were wasting too much time with it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Who goes to a big assed store for just a couple things?

Thats dumb.

"I don't like people"......so you buy a can of sardines, a sleeve of crackers and a roll of one ply every day?

Makes sense. ...

I can buy those couple things cheaper at a bigger store, and I am a total tight ass OK? Get off my back dude. You're cramping my style.

Stop YELLING AT ME!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 54 invisible), 2,599 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,584
Posts18,473,375
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.