Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I have mostly used duplex and heavy duplex reticles. I recently picked up a firedot and a Boone and Crockett. Interested what is most popular among guys here. Wondering about #4 and others I may not have tried.

Application is hunting deer and elk and staying inside 400 yards. Maybe 500-600 for practice and range work.

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Duplex, or fine duplex

NRA Patron
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
#4 reticle. Works for long distance and up close. It really excels in low light and thick brush

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

The Boone and Crockett. Leupold has dropped it from their lineup. Pizzes me off somethin' fierce........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Boone and Crockett for me as well. Really sucks they stopped making them though!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The German #1 is my favorite, my three most used hunting rifles have them. I'd like to try a #4, but haven't yet. A duplex is fine also. No Christmas trees please.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
J
JJF Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Hello. The last 20 years or so I have used scopes with either HD reticle (Leupold) or #4 reticle (Meopta and S&B). This has worked very well for me, especially for low-light hunting. However, my shots are typically well under a 100 yards. In fact, where I hunt, a 400 yard shot is impossible. I don't find these reticles to be a hinderance when shooting targets at the range, though perhaps not the best for this. One day I might try an illuminated dot/reticle, as those usually receive high praise from others (as long as the illumination isn't too bright for twilight shooting). One last comment: There are different versions of the #4 reticle out there. The ones I like are like what is in Meopta's 6x42 and S&B's 8x56 (A4 reticle), where the thin center reticle is closely bracketed by thicker parts of the reticle at 3,6 and 9 o'clock.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Of those I’ve used in order of preference:

Burris Ballistic Plex
Leupold LRD
Redfield Accurange
Leupold B&C

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Plex

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
4A

Rob
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Most of my scopes have the duplex but I was introduced to the #4 reticle in a Sawro and really really like it. I have two now. I think given the choice I'd take the #4 over a duplex.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Post and crosshair

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
swaro 4a, then Zeiss Z-plex

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by JJF
Hello. The last 20 years or so I have used scopes with either HD reticle (Leupold) or #4 reticle (Meopta and S&B). This has worked very well for me, especially for low-light hunting. However, my shots are typically well under a 100 yards. In fact, where I hunt, a 400 yard shot is impossible. I don't find these reticles to be a hinderance when shooting targets at the range, though perhaps not the best for this. One day I might try an illuminated dot/reticle, as those usually receive high praise from others (as long as the illumination isn't too bright for twilight shooting). One last comment: There are different versions of the #4 reticle out there. The ones I like are like what is in Meopta's 6x42 and S&B's 8x56 (A4 reticle), where the thin center reticle is closely bracketed by thicker parts of the reticle at 3,6 and 9 o'clock.

In scopes with #4 reticle a I prefer the Kahles and Meopta versions over Leupold

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just put a 4.5 - 14 on my 26 Nosler and it has the TMOA reticle on it and I like it a lot. Not quite as cluttered as some of the others, but enough information for relatively long range shooting without dialing...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Leupy will have the B&C in the new VX3 HD line according to Doug's post about it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Zeiss 60 illuminated

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Meopta's #4. The outer posts are bold enough to bracket your target at low light but thinner posts are fine enough for range work

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Any type of plain jane plex reticle.

Know your BC and bullet drop within a certain amount yardage, put the crosshairs on your target. Click, bang. It should hit if within your bullet caliber's yardage tolerance.

No unnecessary thinking, you're not trying to plink a single hair off of a squirrels nutsack at 1200 yards.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
A bold #4 or duplex with a fairly tight center section, add an illuminated dot that has about 10 settings and can dim down to practically nothing.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Brad

Burris Ballistic Plex
Leupold LRD
Redfield Accurange
Leupold B&C

Forgot about the Accurange. I prefer the B&C a tad more than the Ballistic Plex. The dots are quite doable but they cover up more area than I like, but I own more LRD's than B&C's.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Burris FFII ballistic plex.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
There is really only one, Duplex, that's all you need,

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I wish all of mine were #4's. RJ

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Sheister
I just put a 4.5 - 14 on my 26 Nosler and it has the TMOA reticle on it and I like it a lot. Not quite as cluttered as some of the others, but enough information for relatively long range shooting without dialing...

I second this. The Tri-MOA's are so simple compared to other calibrated holdovers. 1 dot equals 1 inch at 100, 3 inches at 300, 5 inches at 500. If your bullet drops 9 inches at 300 (with a 200 yard zero and basic 30-06 180 gr ballistics) then hold 3 dots up. If it drops 24 inches at 400, then hold (6x4=24) 6 dots up. If it drops 48 inches at 500, then hold (5x10=50) 10 dots up. Inside 300 it doesnt really matter, but it gives me much greater comfort and confidence out between 300 and 500. No, I dont believe I would take a 600 yard shot at any game animal. Coyote maybe, but then you run out of dots. JMHO

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
My hunting scopes all have a plex reticle's, I dont shoot deer from the next zip code I "hunt" deer and set Myself up for short range shots ( less than 100yds) so I have no need for fancy reticles in My hunting scopes but if I hunted in areas (Western US) where a 300yd shot might be the best you can get I like the looks of the Leupold B&C reticle........Hb

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Burris Ballistic Plex

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by hanco
Post and crosshair

Antiquated it may be but I'm with hanco. For most of my hunting a PCH reticle works well for me.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
My favorites are the old Leupold LR Duplex and Burris Ballistic Plex. They aren’t fancy, but if you get a real idea of what the dots mean for your load, you’ll have a fast and easy means of placing a shot within 400 yards or so.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I love the Vortex G4. Simple, east to use with great ballistic hash-marks. 2nd Favourite is the Boone and Crockett by Leupold.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
MQ more specifically the 3-9x42 HD. The reticle probably doesn’t have many advantages for my typical hunting shots but it has never proved to be a disadvantage either. Most importantly with the 6 or 7 I have in use I haven’t had any loose zero jump around while zeroing in or any other strange things.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I have also used the Trijicon Accupoint with the triangle BAC. I have used the red, yellow and green and I have found the yellow one best for my eyes.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I really like the German 3P#4 illuminated dot from Burris, but game hasn't yet presented itself while I've carried it in the field, so I can't say how it works with total certainty.

I like the Vortex BDC, because of its simplicity. Still, Ive never had to hold over on any game I've shot, so perhaps it's been wasted on me.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Duplex for me.

Life's Tough, God's Good, Pray Hard!
J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Duplex

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My favorite right now is the sig sauer milling hunter. Not cluttered and is great for holdovers.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nightforce IHR

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leupold B&C and LRD for general use. The work well with decent spitzers at 2,800-3,100 MV, sighted in somewhere near 200yds, depending on the load.

If illuminated, I like the center dot reticles of the Leupold VXR and the Trijicon Accupoint.

Now with even more aplomb
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I would be happy if all of my scopes had a #4 reticle like the Swarovski Z3 scopes.

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Josey Wales
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Different tools.......for different jobs.

Some heavy trends for a majority of applications.

#4's should be an option in most big game scopes IMHO. But they have to be the right spec.....

Not every #4 is the same, they can vary greatly.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Post & duplex followed by the heavy duplex. For a standard duplex I like Burris's over Leupold's.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Post & duplex followed by the heavy duplex. For a standard duplex I like Burris's over Leupold's. I have one #4 and I like it but wish the center wire was a bit thicker.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
For all around hunting use, near and far, thick or open, I really like Tangent Theta's Mrad reticle. I'm still a fan of the basic mildot as well and probably use it more than any other reticle. More and more I prefer 4 posts to 3 posts, thicker outer, thinner inner.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lit center dot #4 is as good as it gets for me . Regular #4 are my go-to BUT I have used the Boone and Crocket to good effect.

In any case I just find a thick vertical post above the horizontal to be superfluous for most part. A hair thin vertical is all that is needed but I don't see what a heavier upper vertical portion does but confuse. and get in the way. With a plain #4 type I snap on target easier - for whatever reason.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

The Boone and Crockett. Leupold has dropped it from their lineup. Pizzes me off somethin' fierce........

Agreed. By far my favorite hunting reticle, but I certainly haven't used them all. I thought I was the only one, since Leupold seems to be phasing it out.

Originally Posted by JGRaider
Leupy will have the B&C in the new VX3 HD line according to Doug's post about it.

I saw that, but it's only in 1 scope from what I can tell. For the last several years, they've only had it in the 4.5-14 and not in the 3.5-10, which I prefer for most hunting applications.

After that, I'll take a basic duplex and Zeiss is my favorite that I've used. Not too thick and not too thin. I'm sure I could like a #4, but I've never owned one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S&B #9 reticle. It has a circle of death.....

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by kenjs1
In any case I just find a thick vertical post above the horizontal to be superfluous for most part. A hair thin vertical is all that is needed but I don't see what a heavier upper vertical portion does but confuse. and get in the way. With a plain #4 type I snap on target easier - for whatever reason.

After spending a lot of time with #4's (and inverted 4's like the milquad) I'm liking 4 posts much more when bracketing something in low light. In a lot of cases it's not needed and 3 will work....but 4 doesn't hurt when light is low enough that the thinner inner can't be seen. Different backgrounds can really change how visible a post is and a fourth reference helps in some cases.

Nothing wrong with 3 posts but my preference has moved to 4.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I really like the MQ on my ss 3-9. I would like it even better w/ adjustable illumination. That Tangent Theta looks pretty sweet.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I’m good with a heavy duplex. That is my first choice, but a milquad in FFP makes sense if you’re wanting something capable of over ~300 yds. I don’t get many chances to shoot further than 300 so it’s moot for me. I do think BDC or mil/moa indicating reticles in SFP are dumb as hell.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Moses Tucker: For big game Hunting I prefer Leupolds fine Du-Plex reticle.
For colony Varmint Hunting I prefer Leupolds fine Du-Plex reticle.
For predator Hunting I prefer Leupolds fine Du-Plex reticle.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Moses Tucker: For big game Hunting I prefer Leupolds fine Du-Plex reticle.
For colony Varmint Hunting I prefer Leupolds fine Du-Plex reticle.
For predator Hunting I prefer Leupolds fine Du-Plex reticle.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Thanks!! I like your thinking.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A post duplex is a good one, and I have run a few. IIRC, the distance between the center and the lower post may be greater than a standard duplex. I believe I compared it before in 6x and/or 2-7x. Why does that matter? In my experience, I often had a POA/POI at 200 yds and used a standard duplex as a POA/POI at 400 yds, by using the lower post juncture. That worked out with a plain duplex. It might not matter to others.

I always said, as to simply 'holding over with any scope' you could hold on the back of a deer at 300, and about a foot over at 400 (with many modern High Vel rounds)........no doubt better to use a reference point as a POA where you want the POI.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Standard duplex

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
German #4.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JPro
Leupold B&C and LRD for general use. The work well with decent spitzers at 2,800-3,100 MV, sighted in somewhere near 200yds, depending on the load.

I've found them to work well in the 2,700 fps range as well.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Post & duplex followed by the heavy duplex.

I'm of the same camp.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
For all around hunting use, near and far, thick or open, I really like Tangent Theta's Mrad reticle. I'm still a fan of the basic mildot as well and probably use it more than any other reticle. More and more I prefer 4 posts to 3 posts, thicker outer, thinner inner.

This is a good one.... it's actually a slightly modified GenII. I have the 3-15 TT with this reticle, as well as a 4-16 S&B.

My second choice is a straight mil-dot.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Boone and Crockett, Long Range Duplex and Duplex in that order. In all my years of hunting around here I don’t think I’ve ever had the time to dial for elevation or wind. There are several ways you can use the holdover points, not just assuming the 300 or 400 marks are going to match your trajectory.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Boone and Crockett, Long Range Duplex and Duplex in that order. In all my years of hunting around here I don’t think I’ve ever had the time to dial for elevation or wind. There are several ways you can use the holdover points, not just assuming the 300 or 400 marks are going to match your trajectory.

I agree. When does anyone actually have time to range the animal, switch hands to your rifle, dial your scope in, and then take the shot, all while the animal you're intending to shoot stands there and waits for all that?

Give me a 3-9 or 2-10 Leupy with good glass and without any special dials. Duplex reticle. Sight it in. Know what my bullet drop is. Don't shoot out past the calibers capable killing range. Keep it 6x for most situations. Aim anywhere in the kill zone. Done.

Those scopes with extra dials definitely serve a purpose, but not for most typical range hunters, IMO.

Last edited by Mach3; 01/07/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Zeiss Diavari reticle 8 is very much like a #4 only with the top vertical crosshair portion thicker like the other three thicker crosshair sides. The thinner center crosshair section is good for detail shooting and those heavier outside portions do not disappear in low light. I've never had to hold high on any animal that I've shot, so those mil dots and cross hatches are of no value for where I hunt, but low light visibility is.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

Burris Ballistic Plex
Leupold LRD
Redfield Accurange

This is my experience and I’ve tried to like other stuff but the functionality of the Burris BP is best I’ve used.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
4a

Phil

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by efw

Burris Ballistic Plex
Leupold LRD
Redfield Accurange

This is my experience and I’ve tried to like other stuff but the functionality of the Burris BP is best I’ve used.

efw, the funny thing is I don't even own a Burris Ballistic Plex. But it was the first system that opened my eyes to the qualities of a good ranging reticle, and I still think it's the best overall.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I favor the duplex reticle

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Burris Ballistic Plex

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Zeiss rapid Z-600.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
Burris Ballistic Plex

Yep

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
Zeiss rapid Z-600.

That is a good one!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mach3
When does anyone actually have time to range the animal, switch hands to your rifle, dial your scope in, and then take the shot, all while the animal you're intending to shoot stands there and waits for all that?

Do you hunt out west? I’ve done it more than once. I’m not married to the process, but it happens.

Last edited by Condition Yellow; 01/08/21.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Condition Yellow
Originally Posted by Mach3
When does anyone actually have time to range the animal, switch hands to your rifle, dial your scope in, and then take the shot, all while the animal you're intending to shoot stands there and waits for all that?

Do you hunt out west? I’ve done it more than once. I’m not married to the process, but it happens.

PA. Mostly heavy woods and thickets

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like and have used the original Leupold Duplex, their German #4, their post-duplex reticle and their B&C reticle. But, I only hunt Alaska and n 55 years I have never dialed to shoot a critter. Only had a very few shots over 300 yards and most under 200. So I guess if I could only use one reticle in Alaska it would be a Duplex. But, could get by with the others I mentioned. I have a Nightforce 3-9 SHV with the Forceplex reticle and Kenton ballistic tape on the elevation turret on my .338 and a SWFA 3-9 HD mil 1st focal plane on a Tikka 6.5 Creed. Their the only scopes I have I would consider dialing with.

There is no end to reticle styles on the market and the shooter should use which ever one allows them to harvest an animal with the first shot.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Another vote for the Burris BP, due to it's simplicity, though I'd like to see the Horizontal post tips at an even MOA subtension unit like Nikon did with their BDC reticle in most of their scopes. The old Bushnell Ballistic reticle was great IMO also--based on 3 MOA units vertically and horizontally (looked simlar to the old TDS reticle). Still have one of those Bushnells and I'll never get rid of it. Like the Leupold VH reticle but even that's not perfect. The prairie dog ranging unit (last unit down) really isn't necessary as unit 2-3 is the same subtention, and windage units along reticle's center axis is like 1.7 MOA--would've rather seen even 2 MOA units instead. Never was crazy about the Duplex reticle as it is too small a subtension and designed for rangefinding which is rarely applied if ever really. Would've liked to see it set at 5 MOA maybe as that subtention unit could be fairly easily divided interpolatively.

Last edited by sscoyote; 01/09/21.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I hunt the west and prefer heavy duplex, second has been regular (not fine) duplex. Soon I will try the Meopta BDC.

Last edited by longbarrel; 01/10/21.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
When you get your Meopta BDC reticle scope make sure you check out Strelok Pro to dial in your rifle,scope and ammo for the best possible accuracy. Easy to use and precise. As with any ballistic program, the more accurate the info you enter, the more accurate your shots will be. Are you getting the new Optika5 scope? If you have any Meopta questions , feel free to reacxh out, I'll be happy to try and help you out.

https://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/us/reticles/

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
4A Hands Down.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
+1 on the 4a

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Non illuminated 4A
Luminated FD7

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Anyone using Leupolds HTMR reticle?
Has anybody looked thru a scope with the reticle?

Curious how it would do in a woods environment!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
FFP illuminated mil-mil.....donut of death a bonus!!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used this scope on a muledeer hunt recently. I really like this reticle. I bought this scope on a panic buy so I could hurry up and get my rifle ready for the hunt. I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would. The circle helps me focus quicker on the target.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019637239

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
German #4 Leupold 2.5-8X36. Hunt NC Piedmont/WV Mtn.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Zeiss Rapid Z 600

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I'm plenty happy with the mil quad reticle on my SS 6x42's. If I was still setting up all my scopes for MPBR I'd be perfectly fine with the plainest old duplex reticle.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Meopta’s version of the #4 is great. Becoming a fan of the TDS on my Kahles for open country.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Swarovski CD reticle that comes in the Z6. Second is the German #4.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My favorite was the S&B P3 until I tried the TT LRH.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've used this naturally illuminated Hakko scope on a 221 Fireball for 35 years. I recently picked up a Swarovski 1.25-4 that is similar to this but has an illuminated circle and center dot.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
My favorite was the S&B P3 until I tried the TT LRH.

Yep......

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I really like that! It has enough reference yet retains the heavy lines for closer in shots in the timber. Most reticles get carried away with the tick marks IMO. For the most common 0-500 shooting a couple mils of windage is plenty. Any more than that and you’re in the market for a dedicated LR scope. A robust 2.5-10 or maybe 3-12 with a reticle like this would suit my needs perfectly.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Leupold fine duplex here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Mlidot or similar .

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
German 4s and 1s and Trijicon triangles, or just plain heavy duplex or Zeiss plex....just depends on where and what.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1234, 16penny, 1lesfox, 63 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,465
Posts18,471,363
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.