-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, I love gin. Beefeater is fine, Tanqueray maybe a little finer, but I'm not too fussy. Tonic is optional, but very pleasant. Sure does hit the spot in this fuggin heat. I love snow.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, G&T good stuff. Like Gordon's Beefeater good too. Gin sours not bad either.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Bombay and tonic, with lime. Only after the temp's have hit 80. That would run May to Sept. The remainder of the year is Henry McKenna, ice and a splash of water.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
G&T has been the "default" summer drink in my family since I can remember. My parents would have one each night in summertime when Dad got home from work. Dad's gin was Gilbey's, which is adequate. Tanqueray is my preferred G&T poison for camping trips, when the smell of the spruces is strong enough that you need that extra juniper kick that only Tanqueray provides. Bombay Sapphire makes the best G&T's and martinis under more civilized conditions.

G&T's are best served with a wedge of lime over mineral water ice cubes with Schweppes tonic water preferable over Canada Dry, and of course should be drunk on the patio or deck.

Yum. Maybe if the thunderstorms hold off tonight I'll do exactly that!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
A lot of you boys go through a lot of frikken effort just to get a buzz! Whatever happened to taking a shot of liquor from your jug!!

Bunch of snobs!...grin

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
May be coming to Bethesda for an interview next month and you can buy me one!!!! grin

NRA Life Member
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
My pleasure. 40 minutes from my office, tops!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by isaac
Whatever happened to taking a shot of liquor from your jug!!

Wellllll..... I'm not sayin' I'm above doin that also...
blush

But that first sip of a perfect G&T on the patio after a long, hot day is simply glorious.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You buy the drinks and I will pick up dinner! Deal? grin

Will know something in a week or so.

DWM

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My mainstays are whiskey/rocks and gin/tonic. I don't drink much else when it comes to hard liquor. Bombay Sapphire and diet tonic with a lime wedge is hard to beat in the summertime and it doesn't pack a lot of calories. Old timers claim drinking gin will keep the skeeters off of you.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i'll drink anything, but the g&t is a great cool-me-down drink in hot weather. gin is my favorite though. i'll put any brand in tonic, but when i drink those xxtra dry martinis, i only use the good stuff.

-ken

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
G+T is great this time of year. Bombay Sapphire is the ingredient of choice. Of course, Sapphire on the rocks does if for me as well.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bourbon, splash of water for higher proofs and an ice cube.

<<<<<<<<<<<SPACE FOR RENT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
If we're moving in that direction, make mine a Makers Mark (neat).

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ditto!!

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G&T is great on a hot day.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like them when it is 80+ degrees. Bombay and lime are preferred, but yesterday it was Tanguery, or how ever that green bottle is spelled, as a change of pace. My BIL prefers Tang, but I found I didn't. Below 80 degrees its Myers Dark Rum or Wild Turkey on the rocks.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
When it comes to gin the only drink I've had was tanquery and o.j..
And then I think I made a pig of my self. I think I burped pine needles for two days. It's been a while might have to try the g&t. Fav thirst quencher around here is Mich Golden light from the freezer on a 20 minute rotation. Twenty min. keeps it just at the starting to slush point.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Old friend passed on recently. He was an old Asia hand. He had some of the best single malts I've ever seen, but seldom drank them. Whenever he came to visit all he'd ask for was gin and water. I sure like gin, but gin and water... Before we got old and acquired a (thin)veneer of respectability, my brother and I used to pass time at the local (any local would do) in the summertime drinking gin and beer. Gotta try that again sometime.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 338reddog, 16 invisible), 1,970 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,802
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.