-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have accumulated about 460k miles in my 2 Ram Diesels so far, 300k with my ‘03, and 165k with my ‘14. Have spent up to 23 hours in the driver’s seat in both, stopping for fuel, food and bathroom breaks only, on trips out west, and can’t say that either were uncomfortable.

Built the front end on the ‘03 at 247k miles for the first time, and the ‘14 is still original except for the King Racing shocks I installed.

But yeah, the most uncomfortable “in ergonomic vehicle on the road”.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

GB1

T
T Bone Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks for all the feedback.

We put a deposit on one today.

The local small town dealer has only diesels, so we shopped long distance.

We shopped dealers in AZ, NM, UT and ID. Strange experience.

We pulled the trigger with Bill Luke out of Phoenix.

Sounds like the deal is locked in and should be delivered to my door around New Years.

Last edited by T Bone; 12/21/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interested to hear more feedback on your dealer experience and pickup when you have owned it for a month or two. I am historically a GMC man, but the Ram is starting to sway me.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
T
T Bone Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
Interested to hear more feedback on your dealer experience and pickup when you have owned it for a month or two. I am historically a GMC man, but the Ram is starting to sway me.

My truck showed up a few days ago.

I'm in love!

[Linked Image]

I stumbled into a somewhat rarely outfitted Tradesman with the Power Wagon Package in the exact color I wanted. It was priced over my limit of $40k, but not much.

Here are my shopping experiences. I didn't have to buy, my '98 F150 has been a very good and reliable ride. I was looking for a deal and I enjoy negotiating. I do it for a living.

I shopped my local small town Ram dealer in Montrose, CO, but they only carry diesel units.

I went to nearby Grand Junction and they couldn't compete with the big dealers. Their best prices were $3-4k higher.

I tried my best to buy two different trucks from Dennis Dillon in Caldwell Idaho, but Bill, my salesman absolutely ghosted me, not once, but twice....while my truck got sold to on-site shoppers. (I mean absolutely stopped all communication. Text, phone, email.

I tried my best to buy a truck from Ken Garf in West Valley UT. It was the classic bait and switch. Elisio was my salesman. Chris the Sales Manager was the stereotypical, "Sorry we've sold that truck, but we can get you into one EXACTLY like it for.....only $2500 more.

I tried my best to buy the most base truck in my search from Peterson Ram in Nampa Idaho. Bailey was my sales lady. RC the sales manager would not return my phone calls......nothing! I feel bad for Bailey.

I hopped on Autotrader and expanded my search to the Desert Southwest region. Bingo Dingo.

Bill Luke in Phoenix had a huge inventory, diminishing hourly, I scrolled through the inventory and for the first time, found the Tradesman trim, equipped with the Power Wagon package. They had 4 of them! 1 of them was in my preferred color of Walnut Brown, so I put a deposit on it.

Communication was excellent. No shady crap. These guys are selling a lot of vehicles.

Shipping took longer than estimated, but understandable, given the Christmas and New Years holidays.

My wife has nicknamed it the Taco Wagon....because it was Hecho en Mexico.

Last edited by T Bone; 01/09/21.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Let us know what kind of mileage you are getting and what gearing it has.

I'm leaning in the same direction, a Tradesman with the PW package.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is a strange fact: RAM 2500 owners have more DWI's than all other vehicle owners.

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ve never been a Dodge guy. But I like big gasoline burners and that is a good looking truck. I hope it treats you well and you get lots of miles out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats!

That is a great looking truck, T Bone!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (450yukon, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 39 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,698
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.