Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AZmark
Wood holds moisture also so don’t use it. Get a trex 2x4 and cut it to size for underneath.

That’s why I used PVC. Trex (at least some of the synthetic stuff) uses compressed sawdust. Better than wood, but all polymer is better yet. In my mind at least.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
A gun safe will stop a smash and grab. A monitored alarm system will limit intruder's time inside.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
yes, mine is 800 lb empty, plus several hundred pounds of lead ingots in the bottom.

There is much more risk of some one grabbing the Sawzall or disc grinder stored in the same room and just cutting the side out of the safe, than there is of them carting it out intact. And mine does not involve a flight of stairs.

There is really no stopping a determined thief with time on his side. My safe stops semi honest crooks and unauthorized children.

Not only that, but the [bleep] that would need moved to move the safe...
And my neighbors would have a gun under the nose of
anyone, (not me) trying to load my safe in a truck.

Just one more time people miss how easy a good safe is to
open. Guaranteed an angle grinder would open most safes,
quicker, easier, and safer than trying yo move it.

All you need is to cut a triangle and a hole,
insert a pry bar and peel the bitch like an onion.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Safes are to keep the honest folks honest & the uninitiated theif at bay

Competent criminals are bringing their own tools instead of looking around to see if you have what they need.

There’s an old saw about not keeping all your eggs in one basket, seems appropriate here.

I knew one guy that had 5 of the smaller type rifle safes with bold lettering on each, “2 of these safes have what you’re looking for, guns & cash, 3 of them are wired w explosives, the other safes are there to protect the contents from the blast, good luck”

I cracked up when he showed them to me, but on the way home I was thinking hmmm.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, Amos63, 8 invisible), 1,524 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,327
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.