Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
lol

Geno, rest easy, Ingwe will not visit slumlord threads to correct mine or your spelling. For the great one has me on ignore.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Dad never said anything about dunce caps.

I dont think the parents would have tolerated it.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Overhead projector....

I remember ( i was in grade school in the 80’s)
those slide show projectors.

Played the cassette tape, made a beep when it was time to go to next slide.

Slide was on roll of film ?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Filmstrip

Haha

Nap time...zzzzzz

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Overhead projector....

All we had was shadow puppets.

And Holy Cards.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
That one nerd punk that always wanted to turn the knob.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Overhead projector....

Remember the sub that used the marker that wouldn't come off directly on the glass?

Remember how much schit you would get for turning the bulb and fan off at the same time?

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Remember when a calculator was a stubby pencil and a piece of scratch paper?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
No caps either but their were common options:

1. face a doorway and bend over to be hit full swing with those large wooden T Squares resulting in you landing face first in the outer corridor
2. sliced across the back of the fingers with the sharp edge of a 15" ruler
3. Caned across the open hand or wrist if a bad shot, using solid cane with the ends burned to prevent splitting - 2 for minor issues, 4 because the teacher loved the power or 6 which was maximum by school regs. (Heard of student canned 6 times and marched around the building and canned another 6) Even had a metalwork teacher once, short stumpy bloke who stood on a chair or stool and jumped off to maximize the power of the stroke when caning.

If your hair touched your collar you were suspended until it was cut. This was basis high school.
It was called discipline and the alternative was always pain. But it did teach me that people in charge were not always right or honourable.

Bingo.

and the spelling police (the American variety) will be along shortly to tell you there is no "u" in honorable. (It's even underlined in red on my screen)

Don't worry, it happens alot with our Canuck friends too.

I know English, I am still learning American........The English language was dumbed down in the US in the early 1900's because the immigrants struggled with it. Check it out.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Remember when a calculator was a stubby pencil and a piece of scratch paper?

Abacus

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Heard many a older teacher reminisce about a former administrator that was retiring. The most common memory was where some 90 lb blonde trailer trash in the back row called a well liked, petite 50 something English teach a stupid b*tch and asked "what you gonna do 'bout it". Teach smiled and said I'll be right back. Came back with the then youngish VP who happened to be a former lineman at U of M, about 6'5" well north of 300 when I was acquainted with him in his later years.

He pointed at blonde skank and said come with me.
Skank: "make me"
VP doesn't say a word. Grabbed her by the pony tail, dragged her up and over the back of her chair and cavemans her down the hall to the office. Shes screaming the whole way.

Ah, the late 70s/early 80s.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

1. face a doorway and bend over to be hit full swing with those large wooden T Squares resulting in you landing face first in the outer corridor
3. Caned across the open hand or wrist if a bad shot, using solid cane with the ends burned to prevent splitting - 2 for minor issues, 4 because the teacher loved the power or 6 which was maximum by school regs. (Heard of student canned 6 times and marched around the building and canned another 6) Even had a metalwork teacher once, short stumpy bloke who stood on a chair or stool and jumped off to maximize the power of the stroke when caning.

If your hair touched your collar you were suspended until it was cut. This was basis high school.
It was called discipline and the alternative was always pain. But it did teach me that people in charge were not always right or honourable.

Bingo.

and the spelling police (the American variety) will be along shortly to tell you there is no "u" in honorable. (It's even underlined in red on my screen)

I know English, I am still learning American........The English language was dumbed down in the US in the early 1900's because the immigrants struggled with it. Check it out.

I know, it drives folks nuts when I'm in the hockey comments on the sports page I use and spell things either way. Defence or defense? grin

In it is contentment

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
No dunce caps but you did have to be careful about pissing off the wrong teacher or bus driver because some of them would kick your ass. I saw students get the piss beat out of them more than once {black eyes,bloody noses, fat lips}, dragged out of class by the hair or carried to the door by the neck both feet dangling and thrown out into the hallway.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Wasn’t around in the dunce cap era but grew up in a small town where everyone knew everyone. My second grade teacher was one of my best friend’s mom. We’re still in touch today some 30 years later - my friend, not his mom.

Where I grew up, it was a common saying among parents when dropping a kid off at a friend’s house, “If he gets out of line, spank his ass.”

I’m not entirely sure what the rules allowed and didn’t allow in the school system, but I can still remember my dad telling all of my teachers that at the open house each year before school started. Many of them were happy to oblige.

Best one of them all was my crazy chemistry teacher throughout high school. This dude was off the rails and on the spectrum at the same time, god rest his soul. Literally every time I fell asleep in his class, with surgical precision, he’d smoke me in the head with a dry erase marker from the front of the class. I remember my mom asking about this lump on my head one time and me telling her what happened and my dad laughing about it saying something along the lines of, “I guess that’ll teach you to sleep in his class, won’t it?”

Different days we’re living in now. I think I’m probably guilty, too. If my kid came home and told me the teacher smoked her in the head with a marker for falling asleep in class, I’d be on my way to the schoolhouse. Of course maybe it’s different for a schittheaded high school boy and a girl. I imagine that same thing wouldn’t have occurred so uneventfully if I’d had a sister and it happened to her.

Last edited by Ducksanddogs; 01/14/21.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Swapping "S" for "Z" which is pronounced "ZED" is tough (tuff) for me and I still call them Zed Zed Top.......lol
Dropping the "U" and many others still becomes a challenge to unlearn. I believe there were around 250 words adjusted to assist the learning as English along with Mandarin are supposed to be the most difficult languages to learn and most immigrants a century ago came from Europe.

Useless info of the day: I set up a PC once and at that time Microsoft Spellcheck had 17 versions of English to select from.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never wore a dunce cap.
Had the school record for swats in the sixth grade.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shop teacher once stuck a cattle prod in a guys ear who fell asleep in class. He sprung up wearing his desk like a hula-hoop.

Good times!

Carpe' Scrotum
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No caps but we had a "bench of shame" out in the main hallway and if you got clipped for anything you had to spend the day sitting on it while everyone walked by and stared at you. I ended up on it once, never again. Didn't like the stares.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It made us what we are today...................

BOOMERS!

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Bingo.

& Aussie Canucks too !

Geno, ya dumb bastard, a lot is 2 words !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

135 members (6mmCreedmoor, 44mc, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 35, 69sportfury, 13 invisible), 1,582 guests, and 940 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.