Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by antlers
Where in the New Testament is judgement threatened as a consequence for national sins...?
”O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate." Matthew 23:37-38
I see a lamentation. But not a threat.
It's a national consequence for rejecting Christ.
It’s not a threat of judgement as a consequence for national sins. It’s a passionate expression of grief and sorrow for national sins.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Where in the New Testament is judgement threatened as a consequence for national sins...?
Why do you see a need to separate the New and Old Testement?
Because the Old Covenant is over. New Covenant values and imperatives stand in sharp contrast to the values and imperatives of the Old Covenant. It was the New Covenant values and imperatives that influenced Western Civilization. Jesus ended the Old Covenant once and for all.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Sorry to say we as a nation, we as a human race have inherited the sins of our parents. none of us is sin free. Yea we likely have this coming.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
This nation has sinned enough to deserve it.

Yes that's true, but fortunately for us that's not the way God works.

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate." Matthew 23:37-38

That's the foretelling of the coming 70 AD Roman conquest of Judea and the destruction of Jerusalem for their rejection of Christ and their part in the Crucifixion.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It’s not a threat of judgement as a consequence for national sins. It’s a passionate expression of grief and sorrow for national sins.

Along with a statement about national consequences for a particular sin imputed on the nation as a whole.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Is God patient? He told Abraham that the sin of Canaan wasn't yet full, then gave them a full 500 years to clean up their act. They didn't and God sent in the Hebrews to wipe them out......
Israel failed to wipe them out. They quit before the job was done. As a result, we still have the cesspool in the middle east that should have been cleaned up 3000 years ago.

God could have wiped them out with a mere
click of his fingers...it's not like he needs man
to do it.

ALL the 'failings' like Lucifers rebellion, Adam's Fall,
Israelites not filling Gods wish to commit total
genocide etc , all part of the perfect plan isn't it?

I don't know what the "perfect" plan is but I hope when it's all over YOU are bent knee at the grace of GOD and he banishes you to the depth's of Hell forever, you deserve it more than anyone I know.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Yes that's true, but fortunately for us that's not the way God works.

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate." Matthew 23:37-38
That's the foretelling of the coming 70 AD Roman conquest of Judea and the destruction of Jerusalem for their rejection of Christ and their part in the Crucifixion.
Correct.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

True

Abortion.....murder of the most innocent by the hundreds of thousands in America alone.

Old folks murdered in nursing homes by Hospice companies nursing them to death.

Most ages in between are trusting in every big money institution, "science" falsely so called, love of $, drugs over the good food God created, political celebrities, and everything except for Christ.

People use His Holy Name in vain like I have never heard in my life.

It's a wonder that He hasn't crushed america like a bug already.

When I read the Revelation of Jesus Christ, I see America more as "Babylon the Great has fallen", yet to come.

No government can change it. No law made or lack of can change things. It's about Jesus Christ. It's about changing hearts & minds. I like guns, anything outdoors as most of you do. I don't put faith in guns, money, politicians, or any other worldly things. I'm content. My faith is in Jesus Christ, & I'm not ashamed. There are those who don't believe as I do. That's their freedom, & I won't push my beliefs on them.
Jesus said a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand.
Costanza said a George divided against itself cannot stand.
Both statements are true.

Agree

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Only if you believe in a God that curses good people for the actions of wicked people. Sounds like a real "wanker" if you ask me.

Of course Christians believe He punishes people for the actions of wicked people... or, more correctly, a wicked person... Adam...

Worse yet the most righteous paid the price... the perfect man...

Originally Posted by Tyrone
The whole World is ate up, not just the US.

Troof; the world is condemned for good reason.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We act according to our makeup and experience, our nature...so if we are created by God - whatever that is supposed to be - we were created flawed and fallable. For which, apparently, we are punished.

Divine justice at work?

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Because the Old Covenant is over. New Covenant values and imperatives stand in sharp contrast to the values and imperatives of the Old Covenant. It was the New Covenant values and imperatives that influenced Western Civilization. Jesus ended the Old Covenant once and for all.

Not all of it changed from then to now. The 10 Commandments are still the same now as then. The New Testament was the fulfilling of the Old.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Only if you believe in a God that curses good people for the actions of wicked people. Sounds like a real "wanker" if you ask me.
Of course Christians believe He punishes good people for the actions of wicked people.....Worse yet the most righteous paid the price... the perfect man...
That is such an awesome point. A sinless man paid the ultimate price for the sins of others. ‘All’ others.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who would want or need the blood sacrifice of their own son or child in order to forgive the transgression of others?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

I don't know what the "perfect" plan is but I hope when it's all over YOU are bent knee at the grace of GOD and he banishes you to the depth's of Hell forever, you deserve it more than anyone I know.

Evidently you don't know schit from shinola
For All of mankind is equally deserving
of destruction... that's if you believe backward
middle east bronze age mythology.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not all of it changed from then to now. The 10 Commandments are still the same now as then.
Many choose to see it that way. I’m not one of em’. Ancient Judaism came to an abrupt end on August 6 in AD70, signaled by the temple’s destruction. The Old Covenant wasn’t needed anymore...none of it...it had been fulfilled and replaced with a new, and better, covenant. I don’t equate the fulfilled-and-now-obsolete Old Covenant with Jesus’ New Covenant. God clearly separated the two. This is my perspective on the matter. I understand that you see it differently...and some others might also...and I’m cool with that.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Who would want or need the blood sacrifice of their own son or child in order to forgive the transgression of others?

I have a question for you. Why is that that people like you seldom come here unless it's to try to trash something you don't believe in. Around here that's called being a troll.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
CF Christians can trash Q tards, but don't go
calling BS on flawed christian mythology.

If there's one thing christians hold
very dear, it's their life of hypocrisy.
and they will carry their bitterness
and resentment to the grave... All
for the love of God I'm told.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Seeking solace through mutual superstition again?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When the Black Death hit Europe, you had some
Christians sayn' it was God's wrath, and another
bunch of Christians saying it was the Jews that
caused it, so they went about in mobs killing them.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
CF Christians can trash Q tards, but don't go
calling BS on flawed christian mythology.

If there's one thing christians hold
very dear, it's their life of hypocrisy.
and they will carry their bitterness
and resentment to the grave... All
for the love of God I'm told.

Jews sure do hate themselves some Christians.

I wonder where that comes from?

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,778
Posts18,477,043
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.