Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I dunno! But hey, what can be more Canadian than Timmys? I also don't know how we made it darker and richer, but apparently, we did!

The new dark roast is a unique blend that features premium Arabica beans from the Indonesian island of Sumatra, in addition to the beans from Guatemala, Colombia and Brazil used in the chain's original coffee.

Tim Hortons launches new dark roast

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Tim Hortons has made a global impression on coffee drinkers. In Yamunanagar, India, they have Tim Hottens. They even use the Timmy's slogan, "Always Fresh". I hope these people don't come for our moose!

In South Korea, many people enjoy Tim Mortons coffee, available at their local supermarket.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I have never understood the love of Tim hortons. The food sucks, the coffee is even worse.

Pitter Patter!
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Nashville
I have never understood the love of Tim hortons. The food sucks, the coffee is even worse.

Their food and coffee is fine. It just doesn't appeal to you. Since the company is successful, enough people must like what they make or it would have gone out of business long ago. It's no different than me not liking Remington 700s or Italian food. Both do quite well without my thumbs down. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Rickard's Red? Love Timmy's. We were hunting and fishing in International Falls Minn and they had a Tim Hortons.

Last edited by skitish; 01/17/21.
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Don’t mind the coffee, will order a breakfast bagel or burrito but I never bother with their lunch menu.

AFA Dark Roast, this is like their 4th attempt. They’re even admitting that in a commercial.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Even McDonalds coffee is better and more consistent than Tim Hortons and it comes in a double walled insulated cup with a decent lid that is easy to drink out of.. Tim Hortons donuts honestly are terrible, better donuts at any gas station.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

Their food and coffee is fine. It just doesn't appeal to you. Since the company is successful, enough people must like what they make or it would have gone out of business long ago. It's no different than me not liking Remington 700s or Italian food. Both do quite well without my thumbs down. smile

Well then it must be good.

Pitter Patter!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That'll go well with a Maple Glazed eh?

The only thing more Canadian than that are the Habs and the TV show "The Beachcombers"

Oh, and CIL Canuck ammo.

Last edited by cooper57m; 01/17/21. Reason: CIL
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

Well then it must be good.

Now you've got it!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Question for only the non-Canadians that visit this forum: What do Canadians call what we in the US call Canadian Bacon?

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Bacon.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Cooper—in Canada what you’re thinking of is called Back bacon up here. It is cured but not smoked boneless pork loin

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Agreed.

Highly overrated.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by kkahmann
Cooper—in Canada what you’re thinking of is called Back bacon up here. It is cured but not smoked boneless pork loin

It was a question for non-Canadians. I know you know. Actually, when I was in a diner in a small town outside of Ottawa it was called peameal bacon (same thing as back bacon). I had just never heard it called that before then.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Didn’t mean to hijack your thread Steve—but I think pea meal back bacon is more Canadian than Timmy’s coffee.
I used to work in a butcher shop that saw a lot of American tourists and I grew up in the meat buisness south of the medicine line. The tourists would ask for Canadian bacon and the local butchers were always trying to show them regular slab bacon.
All the back bacon I ever saw came coated in corn meal but maybe Steve would know-did at one time they use dried pea meal?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
All my in-laws and many friends live in BC, so I frequent Tim H's when we're out-and-about.

The coffee and food is every bit as good as any fast-food place in the USA, maybe even better!

The only food item I really miss in Canada is cookies.... they don't have any.... they only have biscuits.

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
There is peameal bacon, which is “seasoned” (slightly brined) and called peameal bacon, then there is back bacon, which is brined and smoked. Both are made from the loin, but back bacon is trimmed so it is only the round of the loin.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-peameal-bacon-and-Canadian-bacon?share=1

Having said that, I can find peameal bacon every day of the week here, but it’s rare to find back bacon. Occasionally at farmers markets, but that’s it.

A nice peameal recipe, for those interested, is to grill it whole on your bbq while basting it with maple syrup. Makes a nice candy crust.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (222Sako, 16gage, 06hunter59, 22kHornet, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 48 invisible), 2,259 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,078
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.