Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
wait til you have grandkids.

.... like tears in the rain
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mcclure
After nearly ten years of marriage, the wife and I had our first kid about five months ago. We're in our early thirties. We waited a long time because we wanted to get financially secure and to be able to provide a stable life for our family. We worked hard and saved - we didn't live it up or party or anything. We thought we were being responsible. But now that we have our baby boy, all I can think is that we made a big mistake waiting so long.

The other thing I've noticed is that having a kid has changed my perspective on politics. It started happening while my wife was pregnant. I used to be very apathetic. I was fairly conservative but mostly didn't worry about politics.

Having a child has put the events of the last year in a much more intense focus. I used to view things like I was sort of removed from them, but now I can't avoid confronting the issues that are going to affect my son's future. I definitely regret my old way of looking at things, and I see it now for what it was - a self centered attitude.

Wait until you have grand kids and you are pondering their future. It puts it in a whole new perspective. My wife and I didn't have kids until we were in our 30's either. Congratulations on the little boy.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
wait til you have grandkids.

I didn’t think I could love grandkids as much as my children. That was dumb!! We live to see the grandkids.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Heck yeah!
My wife takes care of our 15 month old granddaughter three or four days a week. It's a treat having her here; watching her learn and develop and being able to spoil her and then send her home. Grandkids are a treat.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I'd have been just as irresponsible, no matter when I'd sired the offspring. Still, they all have free & clear airways, and none that have graduated HS live with me. I've always set the bar low...

That they're self-sufficient, not chemically dependent, and sometimes even call me (not wanting money), is an enormous bonus.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My son was born pretty early - 6 weeks in NICU.

Blew my mind how fast the time went when I got to put PV2 on him at basic graduation.

The time goes SO fast. Cliche but it's damned true. Take advantage as much as you can.

Me

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1badf350, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,618 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,590
Posts18,473,439
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.