Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well i made a big mistake and placed and order with these crocks a couple of weeks ago.
Supposed to have some 9mm 115 gr bullets in stock for a reasonable price.
I ordered 500 total 65.00 which they Immediately charged my CC.
Got and email last week said shipping now.
Today click on the tracking link in email just sends me to their site and tells me order cancelled.
No notice no refund.
Screw filed charge back with CC company.
Have not bought anything from them since 2014 and will never ever again.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Theyre awful. Had the same issue on optics purchase. I wont deal with them ever. They should be on a warning list.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hate them but made a deal with the devil yesterday. Supposedly they have VX-3i 2.5-8x36’s still, and only $319.99 plus tax through DVOR. Couldn’t help myself.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
I hate them but made a deal with the devil yesterday. Supposedly they have VX-3i 2.5-8x36’s still, and only $319.99 plus tax through DVOR. Couldn’t help myself.

Did you try picking up the phone and calling them first?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Why would I? Someone would regurgitate the info I see on the site, whether it was correct or not.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Buy from Doug at Cameraland, always the right answer.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
They sell through Amazon, where you may have better luck with a remedy when they screw you. Of course Bezos will get his cut, a portion of which will pay the salary of a Washington Post "journalist".

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Why would I? Someone would regurgitate the info I see on the site, whether it was correct or not.

lol......true......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

A bud called a vendor earlier this week and asked if an item listed as in stock was actually in stock and ready to ship. They were honest and said it wasn't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Traveler52
Well i made a big mistake and placed and order with these crocks a couple of weeks ago.
Supposed to have some 9mm 115 gr bullets in stock for a reasonable price.
I ordered 500 total 65.00 which they Immediately charged my CC.
Got and email last week said shipping now.
Today click on the tracking link in email just sends me to their site and tells me order cancelled.
No notice no refund.
Screw filed charge back with CC company.
Have not bought anything from them since 2014 and will never ever again.

I've ordered from OpticsPlanet dozens of times, and their outlet store Dvor too.

Great digital retail experience, a user friendly website and have never had an issue. At all.

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Never had a problem with them after I learned to call and make sure they actually had it available to ship. They often don't. It's not like they have the stuff in their own warehouse. They can tell you if they have plenty available to broker to you.

Big plus is you can get free shipping to and fro if you want to try before you buy. Where else can you do that? Buying something that costs as much as hunting optics without being able to see that it actually does want you want is ridiculous. Same with gun shops that won't take the trigger lock off a gun.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

I will only use Optics Planet as a last resort due to issues with them similar to what Traveler52 has experienced. Happened several times, around eight years ago. I DID CALL OPTICS PLANET AND WAS GIVEN THE RUNAROUND EACH TIME.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've ordered from OP many times through the years and can't recall a bad experience; as such, I thought of them as a solid company.

But, I don't doubt the experiences being posted, so it's disappointing to learn that things may be on the way down for them.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by cdb

I will only use Optics Planet as a last resort due to issues with them similar to what Traveler52 has experienced. Happened several times, around eight years ago. I DID CALL OPTICS PLANET AND WAS GIVEN THE RUNAROUND EACH TIME.

There's your sign!

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I’ve tried them twice in the past. Both times resulted in my CC being charged, and both times I never got my product. I did get my refunds though. Eventually.

Bottom line is they sell items they don’t have and say they have in stock. If you’re saying I should have known to call first to confirm, then you already know they have a well deserved bad reputation. Both of these we’re pre covid scare when products were plentiful. I’ll stick with Doug or SWFA.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve ordered a couple of things for an AR build off OP, only to be told they can’t export them out of the US, I’m in AK. I did the paperwork on one and cancelled the order all together the next time and said never again. I have ordered stuff from DVOR in the past with no issues and my son will order from DVOR and have it shipped to my address with no issues either. I can’t stand OP.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've had good luck with them. My last order took a couple weeks to ship, but they stated they were backed up. I did get my merchandise...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've taken advantage of a few great deals from them, but the shipping/customer service is an absolute nightmare. With a Docter scope, I got a notice of delay a 10-day delay in shipping because their "compliance department" would have to review the legality of the transaction and that they'd likely need more information from me and from the manufacturer -- for a simple scope. It took a few days to get that ironed out, and I was assured that wouldn't happen again. Shortly after, they had another Docter on clearance that I couldn't live without -- and guess what, I got the very same delay e-mail.

So I called again, got CS on the line and this time asked for the "compliance department." They guy laughed and asked "WHAT department?" Just as I figured...

A late friend of mine from Michigan had several less-than-memorable transactions with them. They'd tell him the item was in stock, charge his card and then gives excuses for weeks before finally admitting they did not have and cannot get said item(s).

CameraLandNY and EuroOptics have treated me VERY well over the years and are always at the top of my list when it comes to optics.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It amazes me how in this day and age companies still resort to the old dodge that their inventory tracking can’t track inventory. 🤔

What fresh Hell is this?
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Used them about a year ago, they were slow in shipping but the item did finally show up.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1936M71, 06hunter59, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,528
Posts18,491,150
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.