Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffA
Yeah, but.

It can differ state by state.
Read up on your states regulations on "for sale by owner" MLS listings.

There are brokers that specialize in assisting with such a listing for a flat fee, typically a few hundred bucks.

Then...

Some realtor comes along and has a buyer that wants to purchase your property, somebodies gonna pay them their 3% commission to do it.

Anything can be negotiated into a sell.

My lawyer gets 1200 bucks to close a contract for me, I split it with my buyer, 600/600. <hint

Word.

Realtor yearly professional fees and MLS presence are expensive.

There are other ways other than a flat fee listing to gain an MLS presence.

Hint.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Idunno about his state.
Don't wanna mislead

R
rufous Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
My wife also listed it on Facebook Marketplace on Sunday
and some of our neighbors in the development shared it. A friend of one of the neighbors is coming to look at our house this evening. Fingers crossed 🤞.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Good luck sir!

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
R
rufous Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
We showed our home to a 3rd couple today and they made a full price offer. Hopefully it will appraise for at least that amount. I listed it on Zillow and Facebook Marketplace for $30,000 more than the realtor that helped us buy the house suggested we list it at and not paying the realtor $20k or so has me pretty pleased at the deal. Hoping for smooth sailing through the rest of the process.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Congrats

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Switch
You guys must had chosen bad realtors, I'm not a realtor, but seems like you're stepping over a dollar to save a dime.On on probably one of the biggest financial deals of your lives the realtor's commission is very cheap insurance.Lots of of pit falls in real estate transactions. Do you trust your other financial transactions to free on line advice? Do you know what the real value of your house is, Zillow sure as hell doesn't! Can you evaulate best offer with all the ins and out of offers,. Hand shake or do you have a contract? These days hand shake deals or always trouble!

That's generally what research has shown.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rufous
We showed our home to a 3rd couple today and they made a full price offer. Hopefully it will appraise for at least that amount. I listed it on Zillow and Facebook Marketplace for $30,000 more than the realtor that helped us buy the house suggested we list it at and not paying the realtor $20k or so has me pretty pleased at the deal. Hoping for smooth sailing through the rest of the process.

Congratulations on the offer, hope you move on to a smooth and seamless closing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Good for you, well done !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sold our home in Illinois on our own. Real estate attorney handled all paperwork and it went very smoothly. Sounds like the OP just saved a chunk.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 30338
Sold our home in Illinois on our own. Real estate attorney handled all paperwork and it went very smoothly. Sounds like the OP just saved a chunk.

Yep, he'll grossed $50K over and above what dealing with his realtor might have brought him, minus a couple grand for attorney fees.

Realtors aren't for everyone..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I fully agree with you as I did the same. Here’s the one thing you screwed the pooch on as you didn’t have it appraised. This can go two ways, You could of priced it too damn low in which you are out. You priced it too damn high to where the buyer can’t get a mortgage without paying the difference. Then since you had it appraised for a mortgage the appraisal stands for 5 years after. We paid 500 bucks for an independent appraisal that was confidential, then priced 5 grand over. Buyer thought they got a deal when we split the price difference.
Good luck on the outcome.

Swifty
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Have done with and without. Most realtors aren’t worth .1%. Some are, but those are few and far between

If your adamant about using one in a market like now. Tell them your not paying 5/6/7%. Tell them 3% or you will find someone else. They either take it or you find someone else. Always hungry realtors out there.

But like said above. Attorney and title company cheaper meaning more cash in your pocket

R
rufous Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
So the realtor that helped us buy the house said he wants 1.5 percent to handle the paperwork which comes to more than $6000. I paid $500 for that service to a realtor in Washington State when we sold our home. Might need to contact an attorney.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, you need a real estate attorney, should of contacted one from the start.

I use mine often and he charges $1200.00 per closing which includes the title search. I split his fee with my buyers. 600/600

I'd guess you might find one charging around 2 grand give or take.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
There are flat fee services that put your property in the MLS . But you’ll be expected to pay a buyer agent premium. You do not NEED a realtor , but will help get more showings if you do. All you need is a reputable, local RE attorney to prepare the closing documents.

In 2020 , (like they needed anymore paperwork) COVID disclosures were added to the standard RE paperwork . I wouldn’t care if real estate agents went away .
L
O
L

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
rufous Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I reached out to my former boss and he hooked me up with the realtor he has used. That realtor is going to handle the paperwork etc for a very nominal fee- he said "just buy me dinner" but I will probably pay him about $1000 if he will take it.

R
rufous Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Contract is signed to sell our home and my former boss's realtor didn't charge anything. What a blessing.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Congrats

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
rufous Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks for the encouragement folks. One of the things I really appreciate about this forum is the vast knowledge and experience of the members here.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

156 members (300_savage, 3333vl, 1_deuce, 673, 450yukon, 264mag, 19 invisible), 1,971 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,889
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.