-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm starting to get really scared, what should I do? I just don't know if I can even go out anymore.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Clear face shields are the dumbest idea yet, the virus is inhaled regardless of a of a cheesy plastic shield in front of the user's face.

I got one that fits on my helmet, it looks really cool.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I think 6' snorkels are the solution. A stick of Pex and a little duct tape could change the world...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
CBS is doubling down on the masks, literally. This came on right after my local news this morning. Unreal...

Because they make more money when you sit on the couch with your mask on watching CBS advertising.

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So many experts - so little space.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Because they make more money when you sit on the couch with your mask on watching CBS advertising.

Lol.

Fact !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC

I won't claim to be an expert, but I've been in hundreds of negative pressure rooms with critically ill covid patients.

Use PPE, wash your hands before touching your face.

It isn't rocket surgery or brain science......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wearing a mask to prevent Kung flu is like putting up a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My mom is in a nursing home that has been completely locked down since about last April. We aren't allowed in for visits, she's not allowed out other than to go to Dr appointments. Same with all the other residents and their families there.

In the last few months the Wuhan virus has hit pretty much everyone there, from staff to residents. Not a single death (my dad died 3 months ago, but it was from pre-existing heart conditions and he had no sign of being infected) and at this point it's pretty clear that the virus gets around without regard to masks, handwashing, prayers or curses.

There are some really fragile residents at this place and there were plenty of deaths in the past from the flu, but not a single death from the virus tells me that the lethality of the Wuhan virus, even among the elderly, is way overblown. I know ONE person who died of the virus and he had a ton of pre-existing conditions that were the actual cause of death.

And I've been a case study in refusing to comply with the mask/social distance nonsense since day one. I fly at least once a month, I ride public transit in the Bay Area when back and I have been around lots of folks who have tested positive. If I had the virus, which I suspect I did about a year ago when I had what I thought was a cold, I didn't even notice it. If I haven't had the virus, it's not for a lack of trying.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hicountry
Wearing a mask to prevent Kung flu is like putting up a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.

?????

Like I posted above, talking about "masks" as if they're all the same is just as ignorant as talking about "guns" as if they're all the same.

P100 > N95 > surgical > cloth spiderman mask.....

A properly fitted N95 is enough to keep me covid free around people dying from covid. It has been since last March.

IC B3

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
For the best protection, take a heavy-duty plastic bag and pull it over your head. Now tape it tightly around your neck to prevent leakage.

Note: this method is 100% effective against COVID, and therefore should only be allowed for leftists. Conservatives should not be allowed to use this level of protection.

Perfect!

Also, wearing those plastic face shields is like unwrapping a condom then laying it on the night stand.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Clear face shields are the dumbest idea yet, the virus is inhaled regardless of a of a cheesy plastic shield in front of the user's face.

LOL

Fugking Christ this country's stupid.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Originally Posted by slumlord
Wait till they recommend taping all the edges down like a 4 season tent. 😐

Piece of duct tape over every orifice would be safest IMO.😂

Even the dick hole?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
My daughter works in a rehab facility as an RN, cloth mask and face shield working in the covid survivor and infected ward. In seven months she has had no sign of being infected. Whether the face shield or the mask do any good, I dunno, but anything to keep her safe works for me.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose.
It was written to limit the power of government over the individual
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by CCCC

I won't claim to be an expert, but I've been in hundreds of negative pressure rooms with critically ill covid patients.

Use PPE, wash your hands before touching your face.

It isn't rocket surgery or brain science......

You claim to not be an expert but from reading your post I'm not sure you really feel that way about yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim1611

You claim to not be an expert but from reading your post I'm not sure you really feel that way about yourself.

No expert. I just know what I've been doing (which is about the opposite of what a lotta people in here are saying you should or shouldn't do) and that, while I'll probably eventually get covid, I haven't yet.

The ID docs are the experts at my work. I've done what they say and so far it's worked.

So, forgive me for listening to actual experts instead of people in this thread who act like a mask is a mask is a mask......

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

No expert. I just know what I've been doing (which is about the opposite of what a lotta people in here are saying you should or shouldn't do) and that, while I'll probably eventually get covid, I haven't yet.

The ID docs are the experts at my work. I've done what they say and so far it's worked.

So, forgive me for listening to actual experts instead of people in this thread who act like a mask is a mask is a mask......

Actual experts used to think blood letting was the answer to good health in their time. I'd like to try some of these better mask in a paint booth and see how much of the over spray gets past or not. The so called painters mask that some wear as protection are an absolute failure when it comes to that.

Last edited by Jim1611; 01/23/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just got yelled at walking in the park, "You are foolish not to wear a mask. And I am a doctor!" said the squatty old woman with a poodle. I yelled some WA fatality stats at her. She got in her Audi and left.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Actual experts used to think blood letting was the answer to good health in their time. I'd like to try some of these better mask in a paint booth and see how much of the over spray gets past or not. The so called painters mask that some wear as protection are an absolute failure when it comes to that.

Respiratory protection isn't voodoo.

Covid is droplet precautions unless you're doing an aerosolizing procedure. Then we treat it as airborne. Those precautions, and appropriate PPE, have been in use for decades.

I do aerosolizing procedures. I follow appropriate precautions. I have remained covid free.

Either I'm the luckiest SOB ever (I'm not, I didn't win mega-millions) or the experts who set the PPE guidelines have implemented ones that work to protect me from the (often dying) covid patients I deal with.

And, yes, with the proper cartridge I can weld galvanised in my shop safely, and do so on occasion. I'm sure that, with the appropriate vapor rated cartridge, painting is perfectly safe, if not the most comfortable.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I just got yelled at walking in the park, "You are foolish not to wear a mask. And I am a doctor!" said the squatty old woman with a poodle. I yelled some WA fatality stats at her. She got in her Audi and left.

Wearing masks outside is pants on head retarded.

The best is people driving, alone, wearing a mask in the car. 😂

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (160user, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 1badf350, 21, 48 invisible), 2,218 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,765
Posts18,476,713
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.