Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have volunteer FD

I’m screwed from the get-go

Takes em 20 minutes to muster, then they get all whiny about our wooden bridge.

Even though a low boy and D-7 come across it twice in the last 3 years and dump trucks with 23 T of gravel come across it 3 or 4 times a year.

Cracks me up when a new FedEx guy drives out here with a small box truck.

I have a bridge across the creek on my driveway. Cross-ties on steel I-beams, sitting on concrete abutments. Will hold up practically anything. The company that delivers my diesel and propane had a couple of scaredy cat drivers who would always make me wait on deliveries until their trucks were about empty, which sometimes left me waiting for fuel. I finally called the company and threatened to find another one, if they didn't tell their drivers to grow a set. One driver finally figured out the bridge would hold him, while the other thankfully quit.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have volunteer FD

I’m screwed from the get-go

Takes em 20 minutes to muster, then they get all whiny about our wooden bridge.

Even though a low boy and D-7 come across it twice in the last 3 years and dump trucks with 23 T of gravel come across it 3 or 4 times a year.

Cracks me up when a new FedEx guy drives out here with a small box truck.

I have a bridge across the creek on my driveway. Cross-ties on steel I-beams, sitting on concrete abutments. Will hold up practically anything. The company that delivers my diesel and propane had a couple of scaredy cat drivers who would always make me wait on deliveries until their trucks were about empty, which sometimes left me waiting for fuel. I finally called the company and threatened to find another one, if they didn't tell their drivers to grow a set. One driver finally figured out the bridge would hold him, while the other thankfully quit.

That didn't go well for a fire company tanker truck, he came across my bridge on my one farm empty to fill up in my pond, going back didnt work out to well for him

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats! You spotted another avenue for legislating gun control - just say that insurance won't cover your losses and scare everyone into compliance. Works like a charm!

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don’t think smokeless is explosive like that. Black powder. That’s another matter

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by LoadClear
If the fire leveled the house, I think it's safe to say that the powder and primers have combusted... gone. Unless you say something, how would the know? Yeah- fire investigater says he found evidence of powder. You think he can tell the difference between 10 lbs and 20?

Well, he might count the little round lids from the melted and burned plastic containers.

I still have quite a bunch in IMR metal cans.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I don’t think smokeless is explosive like that. Black powder. That’s another matter

All of it goes poof if is in something that won't allow it to build pressure.

I've seen people store their powder and primers in the safe with their guns, not a good idea.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 38 invisible), 2,099 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,571
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.