-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, Arizona is on the brink of becoming just an Eastern province of California, with all the problems. Wont be much longer.

[Linked Image]
GB4

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
I always liked San Angelo, but don't know how Kalifornicated it is these days. Nacogdoches and surrounds is good country too. Also like the country between Houston and San Antonio. Schulenburg, Flatonia, etc. Texas has something for everyone. I think many Texans would agree that a rope is what they have for Californians . . .

San Angelo would be good as would a similar town, Abilene. I would lean West or Southwest of Fort Worth and you will get Western culture. East can be more Southeast. I've got direct family names in the stained glass of the painted churches in some of the towns mentioned above and I don't know much but from talking to friends who've lived there I would be nervous about moving back and being accepted despite blood, seven or so generations and names as recently as a couple a generations back. West can be accepting of kind outsiders, which is not always the case everywhere. East is not really my thing. Maybe I'm wrong. Many love Austin, even those from California want to live there. I stay away from Austin. Dallas is good if you want to make money and it has a huge airport so you can get out with the money you make. and do fun things.

Lubbock area would be good (Ransom Canyon is cool) as would near Amarillo, such as Canyon near Palo Duro. I would probably live in or near Lubbock or near Amarillo with a preference to Lubbock (Rocky Mountains are not too far from either and Amarillo can get cold). Also, I like Weatherford / Aledo / Benbrook / Granbury / Glen Rose if you want to be close to DFW.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Not to disparage any proud Texans but if it were me looking to retire to the South West. Arizona is more scenic, has public land to roam and is more varied in terrain and critters to hunt

Unfortunately, both are turning "purple" , TX perhaps slower than AZ.

I have relatives in AZ and they are amazed at how it's changing.

Retirement is 18-20 years away for me. I’d like to to retire to AZ but probably won’t for that reason. Unfortunately we’re running out of places to run to.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by foxs
Paris, Tx was a cool little town

It is a nice town.

Athens would be on my list to check.

Lake Fork area is nice.

Lots of great choices.

DF

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Have you thought about Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Missouri?? Seriously. Less crowding, lots of lakes and forests, less goofball liberal transplants who wanna turn them into the same liberal schidthole they’re running from. Texas is getting ruined.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Regarding our Southern border, Biden just sign an EO releasing all illegal detainees and now ICE will effectively be put out of business....last year ICE had returned approx 192,000 criminals back to Mexico, and South America....that is approx 15,000 criminals a month...now it's going to be bad news in Texas especially along the southern border...

Illegitimi non carborundum

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raspy
Regarding our Southern border, Biden just sign an EO releasing all illegal detainees and now ICE will effectively be put out of business....last year ICE had returned approx 192,000 criminals back to Mexico, and South America....that is approx 15,000 criminals a month...now it's going to be bad news in Texas especially along the southern border...

Compound that by how many anchor baby/dreamers they’ll pump into the system

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Raspy

This is just insane, even for DemocRATS.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Marshhawk
Hi all,
My Wife and I are seriously thinking about moving to Texas. She is still working but can work from anywhere as long as there is internet. I retired as a Correctional Sergeant last year from the Wisconsin Dept. of Corrections. My Wife and I are solid Conservative voters. I would probably look for a part time job. I am not real familiar with TX but here is where I have been on pig hunts and I really like the area. We hunt about 15 miles from Palestine near Tennessee Colony. I believe it is Anderson County. I like that part of the State of TX. My hobbies include deer hunting, duck hunting, PIG HUNTING and turkey if available. I know deer hunting can pose a problem but will probably come back to Wisconsin to hunt for deer.I am a FFL Dealer and I can transfer it to TX. I just workout of my house now. I would also be willing to guide hunts for pig hunters if someone is looking for a guide.
We are not into the Arts, or Symphony etc. More concerned about living in a small town or in a rural area. Doing are own thing and being good neighbors I would like to be someplace within 25-30 miles of a decent sized town for groceries, shopping etc

Bill
If you already know and like Palestine, then why not there? There's really not a lot of difference in the northeast quadrant of Texas. You get over towards Dallas and you get into more blackland and real farming country and a lot less Pines. It looks more like what you'd think of "the west" looking like. You get farther east and you get more Pines, some swamps and a lot more like the Deep South. It's sort of gradual. I don't know why you'd think deer hunting would "pose a problem". They're overrun with deer. The only problem is they're not very big.

You get very close to Dallas and you get into some big city problems even on the outskirts. Texarkana is a big city too, and Tyler and several others are significant population centers with all the ups and downs that comes with. Somebody mentioned Paris. There's about anything you need there without it being too big. Not that much different than Palestine. You get into other areas and things are totally different. Southeast Texas is very similar to Louisiana and the rest of the Deep South. South Central Texas and the Big Bend you're going to get into a lot of Mexicans. Some desert type areas. The Hill Country is nice but becoming very populous. The Panhandle is desolate, not desert, but close, with plenty of Mexicans.

I would steer way clear of Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, El Paso and Beaumont. Just too many people.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Trees to mountains to seaside, you will have to drive around, see the country side.

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Better have some Money set aside for a hunting lease. Used to live there and you pay to hunt, few exceptions.

NRA Patron
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I liked San Saba.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That entire state is a schit hole.

And it's only going to get worse.

Fire up your DuckDuckGo and look elsewhere.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Utopia

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Have you thought about Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Missouri?? Seriously. Less crowding, lots of lakes and forests, less goofball liberal transplants who wanna turn them into the same liberal schidthole they’re running from. Texas is getting ruined.

Unable to relocate outta here, but I do like Oklahoma!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
what about carthage, nagodoches, that area? seemed nice when i lived in shreveport in the 80's. big lake down that way. no idea the demographics though.

My diploma is a DD214
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by kenacp
Stay away from Austin.

I disagree. They need more conservative voters in Austin, not less. Besides, it's a beautiful part of the state. smile

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you like to fish or just prefer to be in an area with trees, the Lake Fork area would be a great choice. If you like more open country, Graham is okay and Haskell's okay. If you like REALLY wide open country, Post is not a bad little town.

The further west you go the drier it gets, but far west Texas has some decent mountain country...some forested and some rugged and bare. Diversity of terrain, flora, and fauna is pretty amazing here.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by achadwick
Originally Posted by kenacp
Stay away from Austin.

I disagree. They need more conservative voters in Austin, not less. Besides, it's a beautiful part of the state. smile

Why would someone wanting to leave liberals behind, go from the frying pan into the fire?

There's red counties. Lots of them. Pick one.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wife and I are both from WI. Moved to TX for work in 1986.

We have been all over the state and if I had to live in TX, and could live anywhere in the state, I'd be in the Fort Davis area. Low population density and enough elevation to make summers tolerable.

After 35 years, I still cannot stand the summers in low elevation Texas.

We bought land in rural Ozark County Missouri 10 years ago and love it. Happiness will be TX in our rear-view mirror....sooner rather than later! Better weather, cheaper land, lower taxes (for a retiree) and we speak the same language as virtually everyone else. Can't say the same for here...not even close.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (BALLISTIK, BamaJoe, Anaconda, 300_savage, Aero, 6 invisible), 1,198 guests, and 864 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,139
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.