Ctf,
I agree with you on the rugers. They're too darn simple and rugged to overlook. Same with the cz 550s. The cz stocks are too clubby though, in the pistol grip. Ruger 77 stocks are sleek perfection.

Vern, I still knock out them boats. My last were two 18 footers delivered to moose hunters down in sterling & soldotna in august. A green one and a blue one. Then got covid 19 delivering those boats.

Heading home, I pulled a 292 inline six chevy from an old truck in wasilla, I felt weak lifting the block into my truck bed and knew something was wrong. Got tested in fairbanks, then isolated in my boat shop.

Sweaty, feverish and fatigued, I isolated in my shop and built my 22 footer and built my custom Honda motor. Had to drink a 1/2 gallon of coffee per day, just to find the energy to finish.

Tail end of covid after my boat build, I hand split 5 cord of firewood. I think the virus realized my body was a fked up choice and promptly left.

Rost,

Shop door is open in the spring as I do more boat building in the warmer weather: less heating fuel. Stop on by.

Bunch of old local fellers come over and loiter all the time talkin hunting n fishing. I'll probably put a pool table and beer fridge in back corner to occupy them locals, so I can actually get some work done.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]