Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by RAS
USPS is government. Under achievers are allowed to exist in government institutions.

USPS consistently is in the red, but politicians bail them out because grandma needs to send little Johnny his birthday card.

Again, USPS is government.

Actually, USPS is a private company (at least according to law) under the "oversight" of the U.S. Government, both Congress's decisions and presidential appointments. This does not help.

On the other hand, my wife and I own a small business that depends on USPS, because in our rural area it's the best option. In general it works very well--but the exception occurred during the Christmas crush, when zillions of American clicked-to-ship.

In the past 2-3 weeks it's been working a lot better. Like some other folks have just posted, deliveries have often been ahead of predictions.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
tag

NRA Benefactor Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by SAKO270WSM
PP and Venmo don’t sound to bad now huh

Just remember PP spends your money to fight your gun rights..... I'll take freedom over speed any day!

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Never had a failure with USPS but PayPal did seize $900 of mine when they somehow found out I sold firearm related items.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Just remember, some folks want the G'vmnt to run your health care also.

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Going on two weeks waiting for a money order to reach a guy for a gun.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
39 days for a package to go from NH to VA, but they got it here. Hard to complain considering that I got it but I doubt anybody involved in the process would be willing to brag about it. The entire this is an example of government inefficiency.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I ship a lot of parts daily. If the package has to go through a large city in a blue state, add minimum 3 days. Here in My rural town in Georgia the postal workers are great. I talk to the postal worker weekly. He told me they were having such an issue with getting the mail from Atlanta that the supervisor went to Atlanta to see what the issue was. He came back and said the issue was the workers would slow walk every piece of mail one piece at a time from one place to the next. The supervisor pissed. An old joke about How Thom Mchann shoes and USPS were alike. 200k pairs of a certain type of loafers.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Two different sales I made recently, I always ship when a long time member says they will take it. One took 17 days to get here from two states away, one took 23 days from 3 states away, both were postmarked on the days they said they were sent. Fuqk USPS.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If I'm looking to get a package to its destination in a timely manner I use UPS rather than the Post Office. I've experienced some long delays and one package that they lost. Clerks at the P.O. say there are carts full of mail waiting to be sorted, blame it on employee sickness due to COVID making them extremely shorthanded.

IC B3

J
JJF Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I recently had an issue with an order sent Media Mail, which was ordered on Dec 31st and received at the end of January. I blame that on the Holiday traffic, as I had in the past received GG1-3 and some of Eileen's cookbooks via Media Mail in a timely fashion (none of which were ordered over the Christmas Holidays). Considering the volume of mail handled by USPS, I am amazed that I've had only a few issues. I think they do a pretty good job. BTW it does help sometimes to give them a push, when an issue arises. Regarding the most recent Media Mail I just mentioned, the tracking info indicated that my order was stuck in Pittsburgh for about 2 weeks. So, I opened up a service request and all of a sudden things started moving again. It may have been a coincidence but I don't think so.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I sent a NIB Remington Mountain Rifle in 260 to a guy in WV, it took 32 days to get there, 25 of the days they had no idea where it was. They did send it to Charleston, WV one day which was 5 hours from where the buyer lived, the next day, they sent it to Harrisburg, PA and then back to Charleston. The buy was not very happy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have seen very little that I need bad enough to send a check for and I don’t send money orders. That’s just a waist of my time and money. PayPal or Venmo and don’t write stupid [bleep] in the comments that gives any clue of what your sending money for.

Last edited by 01Foreman400; 02/06/21.

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am waiting on a USPS M.O for a fairly large amount. Tracking shows the last scan was 12-22 :-(

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I bought some bullets from a guy in Texas they were mailed 12/28/2020 left the PO in Texas and disappeared.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
so i shipped some brass on thurs and figured i wood be lucky if it got there in a week based on recent events. the tracking says it will be there today.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here’s my story. It might top all. I mailed a small flat rate package on December 8th from SE Minnesota . This is 3 day Priority mail. It was finally delivered to Newcastle, WY on February 4th. Four days short of two months. I have heard that the postal service went back to using horses. Miniature Shetland ponies I believe. Ha ha.

Last edited by 10gaugeman; 02/06/21.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I hate it for the good ones that work for USPS, but they can all end up jobless as far as I’m concerned. The sooner it folds the better. Absolutely criminal to look you in your eye and sell you a service to be completed in 3 days and not give a damn that it still aint completed a month later. To hell with em. I will never use em again if I were shipping a damn stick of gum.

S
S
Thanks for the info.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Received binoculars today. Got them early as expected delivery wasn't until Monday. Must be trying to make up for all the late packages.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,927
Posts18,498,596
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.