Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
ribka Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
2 weeks since I caught covid and did an easy pace 3 miles today. A little weak and coughed up some crap but not too bad.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hear ya. First time I've missed a hunting season in over 30 years... week 14 - no taste or smell.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Damn. Haven't seen the warxen around lately, I wonder if he caught it.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
10 days after I tested positive for covid I was chukar hunting.....

What a joke of an illness for all except the old a frail...

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 01/31/21.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
There was a 42 year old professional firefighter who died in my hometown with Covid. He wasn't old or frail. Neither were the other 16 other firemen who came down with it, including the 3 others that were hospitalized for weeks. This virus behaves very differently with those it infects.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
10 days after I tested positive for covid I was chukar hunting.

You are truly special.

But enough about your education.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
10 days after I tested positive for covid I was chukar hunting.

You are truly special.

But enough about your education.

Great joke pappy. Sure hope you don't catch the boomer doomer....what would we do without your comedic expertise?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You'd get along just fine. About the same as we'd get along without the benefit of your medical expertise. Among others.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by CarolinaHunter
There was a 42 year old professional firefighter who died in my hometown with Covid. He wasn't old or frail. Neither were the other 16 other firemen who came down with it, including the 3 others that were hospitalized for weeks. This virus behaves very differently with those it infects.

There was a local cop here mid-40's, good shape, takes care of himself and trains. Guy is a lot like me age, health, training...except I'm an insulin dependent diabetic. Couple of days after he got it he had to check into the hospital. About a week later he passed away.

I worked out earlier in the day that I first started having symptoms, felt fine. Fever for a little less than 24 hours, almost no cough, a little snotty....really the 24 hours with a fever was the only time I could tell I was sick. I've got allergies so bad I can be snotty at any time. Took 4 days off from the day symptoms started before working out again....I wouldn't have known I had been sick.

It was like a 24 hour bug to me but killed another guy who does the same things I do. It really is crazy how it's so different between people.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Ya uh stay away from the hospital that was my plan.

Never forget 200-400,000 people die from medical malpractice every year (some years its higher than 400k)....

But Dr. Fauci isn't telling you to be afraid of doctors is he lol

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/01/21.
IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I don't have the time or desire to research the real data to validate or refute your 200k-400k claim. However, whatever the average number of deaths caused yearly by medical malpractice may be, it will truly be microscopic as compared to the number of lives saved or prolonged yearly by doctors.

Not that any of that has anything to do with Covid not being "a joke of an illness ".

Last edited by CarolinaHunter; 02/01/21.
R
ribka Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
I don't have the time or desire to research the real data to validate or refute your 200k-400k claim. However, whatever the average number of deaths caused yearly by medical malpractice may be, it will truly be microscopic as compared to the number of lives saved or prolonged yearly by doctors.

Not that any of that has anything to do with Covid not being "a joke of an illness ".

For over 99 per cent of the people Covid is not a death sentence.I ve had young very healthy friends die suddenly of strokes, cancer, heart issues.

A 2016 study published in The BMJ identified medical error as the third leading cause of death in the U.S. The study, which was co-authored by Martin Makary, MD and research fellow Michael Daniel of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, determined that medical errors accounted for about 251,000 deaths every year in the U.S., which made medical error-related deaths the third leading cause of death surpassed only by heart disease (614,348) and cancer (591,699).

Last edited by ribka; 02/01/21.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ribka

For over 99 per cent of the people Covid is not a death sentence.I ve had young very healthy friends die suddenly of strokes, cancer, heart issues.

A 2016 study published in The BMJ identified medical error as the third leading cause of death in the U.S. The study, which was co-authored by Martin Makary, MD and research fellow Michael Daniel of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, determined that medical errors accounted for about 251,000 deaths every year in the U.S., which made medical error-related deaths the third leading cause of death surpassed only by heart disease (614,348) and cancer (591,699).

Ouch

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Glad that you are doing OK.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My bout with Covid was very mild, really only 5 days of symptoms including loss of smell, not taste oddly enough. Took me about 3 weeks to get my full stamina back and had a couple episodes of passing out while exercising. Its no joke for some but overall most will weather it just fine.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Best of luck buddy!

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
in my county if you're under the age of 60 you have a 0.08% chance of death if you are diagnosed with it of death. keep in mind that leaves out the undiagnosed. what that means is the death rate is really close to your chance of death by drowning at some point in your life. I hear these stories of people in their 40's dying. but the truth is the numbers say its very very rare for that to happen.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know 43 people (folks I know, personally, not extended contacts) who have tested + for the 'Rona.

3 are dead
4 have been hospitalized
4 had no symptoms at all
everyone else felt like hell for about 3 days +/-

the 3 deaths included two people in their 40's. both were heavy and in poor shape overall, but still dead way sooner than one would have expected.

the experience seems to vary wildly from patient to patient.

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
in my county if you're under the age of 60 you have a 0.08% chance of death if you are diagnosed with it of death. keep in mind that leaves out the undiagnosed. what that means is the death rate is really close to your chance of death by drowning at some point in your life. I hear these stories of people in their 40's dying. but the truth is the numbers say its very very rare for that to happen.

Statistics are fine until one of the numbers is you or a family member.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well I got my test results back today - positive for Covid. Wife and #1 son who lives near to us also have tested positive: learned that yesterday, so this is a family deal.......

No change to my schedule today- 4.25 mile brisk walk through hilly terrain, 85 pushups (in batches), 12 situps. After returning, felt a little tired-er than previously (- say a couple days ago), but so long as I can get out there and get the exercise in I'm going to push it.

They say exercise helps reduce the risk of blood clots. So I'm sticking to it, and upping the aspirin dose to a full 352 MG from 81 to keep the blood thinned out..

God willing, we'll beat this.

Meanwhile, I'm putting the finish on a 9' surf rod tonight for east coast blues and spanish! Something to look forward to, right?

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1beaver_shooter, 22magnut, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,897 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,603
Posts18,532,587
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.