Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well she is a huge Catahoula, got her as a pup three years ago. Man what a fast dog. At any rate she is in heat and yesterday I was walking her around the property yesterday and took my eyes off her just long enough to pour a half gallon of water in my worm bed and put the cover back on it. She wasn't out of my sight a whole 10 minutes, I only called her twice here she comes running. Seemed fine last night. She gets up and heads out the door but she yelps and falls on her right side. I check her out and she has a pretty good bit of swelling on her neck, no holes and when I get her standing up she is really favoring her right leg. I walk her but she takes her time three times today. Seemed better this evening just a hair. Now this dog my have run into a tree or fencepost chasing something. I swear her average speed through a barbed wire fence is better than 30 miles an hour. Or did a donkey/horse give her a kick? I have mentioned during the 100 plus stitches this dog has acquired via cuts to her, that she does not take very good care of my dog.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Get her on some Rymadil for inflammation. Should take some of the swelling down. Of course the vet will want x-rays "just in case"

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Get her on some Rymadil for inflammation. Should take some of the swelling down. Of course the vet will want x-rays "just in case"

She does well on aspirin and if she doesn't get better in a couple of days I will take her to the vet, he really likes my dog.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I am a Catahoula owner too, and I can attest to how hard they go. They often have too much power for their own good. I have a 9 year olds female that can outrun most dogs less than half her age. My Vet always compliments the condition that she is in. I hope you get your girl on the mend and back to normal soon.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (3dtestify, 14idaho, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 13 invisible), 1,443 guests, and 749 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.