-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The real Bronco really needs the 5.0 Coyote engine as an option, though Ford won’t put a V8 into a Ranger based truck. The 5.0 is much easier to mod, has a ton of aftermarket support, and is a proven engine (though still a Ford engine). Waiting to see and drive one of the manuals before putting my money down. Tick tock Ford, tick tock...

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The two door version has my interest. Maybe. It would be just for wife and myself, fartin' around in the desert or a little trout fishing. No serious off roading, just putzing around. The 2.7L/ 10 speed auto trans would work for our needs. As long as it would be comfortable up front and some stuff in back, don't give a chit about back seat room. I'll wait till we can see one up front and personal. The 4 doors hold zero interest in either of us. Have my P/U for the heavier stuff.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rifletom
The two door version has my interest. Maybe. It would be just for wife and myself, fartin' around in the desert or a little trout fishing. No serious off roading, just putzing around. The 2.7L/ 10 speed auto trans would work for our needs. As long as it would be comfortable up front and some stuff in back, don't give a chit about back seat room. I'll wait till we can see one up front and personal. The 4 doors hold zero interest in either of us. Have my P/U for the heavier stuff.

Gotta say that the Raptor 2 door version is pretty cool.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by TimZ
Well, I am glad they are starting to be available, but waiting for the larger model.
Dealership south of here has the big model. Even that's not really big.

Did you happen to notice the price tag?

Or did they even post it?
It was the big model. They had two of them and I only saw one. I can't remember the exact price but they were both under $40k and IIRC pretty close to $35k.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, I am glad they are starting to be available, but waiting for the larger model.

It was the big model. They had two of them and I only saw one. I can't remember the exact price but they were both under $40k and IIRC pretty close to $35k.
One was a couple of thou more than the other. I think the one I saw was the "Big Bend" model and it was the higher of the two...mayed $37k or $38k and the other one was around $35k.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

One was a couple of thou more than the other. I think the one I saw was the "Big Bend" model and it was the higher of the two...mayed $37k or $38k and the other one was around $35k.

That’s a surprise! I would have thought much higher.

Probably not discounting any at all I’d suppose.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
The real Bronco really needs the 5.0 Coyote engine as an option, though Ford won’t put a V8 into a Ranger based truck. The 5.0 is much easier to mod, has a ton of aftermarket support, and is a proven engine (though still a Ford engine). Waiting to see and drive one of the manuals before putting my money down. Tick tock Ford, tick tock...
Really? My daughter's Explorer looks just like a Ranger that's covered and it has a V8. FWIW it's got a little more power than my wife's Merc Mountaineer with the V6, but the Mountaineer normally bests it by a coupleof MPG.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have a 4dr Bronco on order. It's the Outer Banks model with the 2.7L eco boost engine. It may be late 2021 before its delivered.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Really? My daughter's Explorer looks just like a Ranger that's covered and it has a V8. FWIW it's got a little more power than my wife's Merc Mountaineer with the V6, but the Mountaineer normally bests it by a coupleof MPG.

Yep, sadly Ford has axed putting a V8 in these, at least for now. Their big thing is using Ecoboost engines instead, so that’s prob what they will go with if they ever make a Raptor version. I’m interested and will need a new something or other in the next year or so, but not going to even consider it until I can drive one with the manual transmission. Unfortunately Ford is only going manual in the smaller of the two engines available so they can make MPG standards with the larger engine. We will see...

If not, I’ll be waiting to see what the next gen Tacomas and Tundras turn out to be, especially gas mileage wise. Tick tock Toyota...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I have a 4dr Bronco on order. It's the Outer Banks model with the 2.7L eco boost engine. It may be late 2021 before its delivered.

That should be a great package, especially with the off-road package and a manual tranny. That model seems to have all the stuff you need and nothing you don’t. Post pics and a write up when you get it.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yep, sadly Ford has axed putting a V8 in these, at least for now. Their big thing is using Ecoboost engines instead, so that’s prob what they will go with if they ever make a Raptor version. I’m interested and will need a new something or other in the next year or so, but not going to even consider it until I can drive one with the manual transmission. Unfortunately Ford is only going manual in the smaller of the two engines available so they can make MPG standards with the larger engine. We will see...

If not, I’ll be waiting to see what the next gen Tacomas and Tundras turn out to be, especially gas mileage wise. Tick tock Toyota...
When I said that, I was thinking in terms of the "old" Rangers that they discontinued, and wasn't even thinking about the new ones that just came out. I had no idea what the new ones have.

Personally, I can see no need for one of the new Rangers. No offense to anybody that has one or likes them. I think they look cool and there are a lot of things I like about the smaller size but be that as it may, if I hit the Powerball tonight, they won't be something I consider. The F150 bests them in about every way other than just being easier to park and store. The only other thing is mileage and the difference is so slight as to not be worth it IMO.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

2 door?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It says 4 door DA

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BobBrown
It says 4 door DA

Stay with me. I need your help.
Thanks

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I know

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Put your gin down for the night.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

Never touched the stuff. Maybe I should start. Never too late.

Thanks again. You’re a good man.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What brand do you recommend? I haven't had any Gin for years.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
What brand do you recommend? I haven't had any Gin for years.

Flave would know but rumor has it that he’s now busy exploring the virtues of Box Wines.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bronco II in size

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 204guy, 67 invisible), 2,594 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,813
Posts18,477,617
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.