Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by pete53
we could use General Patton and the 3rd. Army at the White House right now.

Last time Patton took Tanks to the Capitol, it didn’t end pretty

Good point.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Amen to that!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Was he in a Jeep or a WC 49 when killed?

kaywoodie;
Good almost evening to you sir, I hope the day was acceptable for you and you're keeping warm enough.

This chap does a pretty balanced job on most historical stuff and covers Patton in this video.

There are in my view, some rather interesting circumstances surrounding his death for sure.

All the best to you all sir.

Dwayne

Great vid, thanks for posting it. Very informative.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Man, they are really slobbering over him in the OP image.

Dad did as well and served under him.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Last time Patton took Tanks to the Capitol, it didn’t end pretty

Those who say the military will not fire on civilians have forgotten the Bonus Army.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Gen. Patton was in a large sedan with another U.S Army general. The driver was a Sgt., I think. I imagine that just like J.F.K., the "conspiracy theories" about Gen. Patton's death will continue for many years.

Just my opinion.

L.W.

I THINK it was a Packard, but it might have been a Cadillac, I've heard differing stories about it.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
What strikes me is Bob Hope and other stars doing so much to support the troops vs the trash in Hollywood today.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Gen. Patton was in a large sedan with another U.S Army general. The driver was a Sgt., I think. I imagine that just like J.F.K., the "conspiracy theories" about Gen. Patton's death will continue for many years.

Just my opinion.

L.W.

I THINK it was a Packard, but it might have been a Cadillac, I've heard differing stories about it.

According to that video it was a Cadillac.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Patton "Only a pimp in a New Orleans bordello would be caught with a pearl handle revolver"

Reporter "General I noticed a Bible on your nightstand, do you actually find time to read it?"

Patton "Every God Damn day!"

Coyotes shot no waiting.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Texczech
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Writer Hal Block (far left) and Bob Hope (second from left) meet George Patton in Sicily during World War II
[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

A friend of mine says there is a conspiracy theory that the government had Patton killed and not a jeep wreck.
Anyone ever hear of that?

ever read Bill O'Reilly's Killing Patton?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
General Patton grandson, John Waters shoots skeet at our local gun club quite often. Put Gen Patton helmet on John and you would think you were starring at Gen Patton himself.

After Bill O'Reilly released his latest book "Killing Patton, I asked Patton grandson his thoughts on the book. John reply was.. " The theories my grandfather was assassinated has been pure conjecture for years".

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Just my opinion.

L.W.

1938 Cadillac Staff car

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A genuine Badass.

“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his”

― Gen George S. Patton

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
General Patton grandson, John Waters shoots skeet at our local gun club quite often. Put Gen Patton helmet on John and you would think you were starring at Gen Patton himself.

After Bill O'Reilly released his latest book "Killing Patton, I asked Patton grandson his thoughts on the book. John reply was.. " The theories my grandfather was assassinated has been pure conjecture for years".

Sounds like a non-answer.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Morewood
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Really cool pic morewood, you have to be a proud Dad!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Almost looks like Betty Grable

(Can’t see her legs)

Or Frances Langford. John Steinbeck mentioned her singing to the wounded in the field hospitals when she was on tour with Hope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frances_Langford

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by add
Man, they are really slobbering over him in the OP image.

Dad did as well and served under him.

Most anybody in that era would.

Patton was an incredible figure and has become even more incredible with the benefits of hind sight. He competed in the Olympics in 1912 in the Pentathlon and made the cut again four years later. He was not simply making the team either. He was very competitive with top five finishes. He rode with Pershing and killed some of Pancho Villa's lieutentant's. Received a Purple Heart in WWI and was generally viewed as a person that was not to be fugked with. His vision of armor was way ahead of its time and undeniable by the time WWII came around.

History has shown that he was even more amazing than people realized at the time. He had dyslexia and didn't even know it, yet still graduated and competed at some of the most prestigious institutions available. He was also an avid sportsman, and athlete and had sustained multiple head injuries playing sports like polo. It is suspected this could have contributed to his impulsive and violent nature later in life.

I've read most everything I could about his alleged murder and found that there just really isn't anything there. It's an OK story, but if you dig real deep it's a bit of a stretch. He was in good shape at the time of the accident but his body had sustained a lot of trauma and mileage by that time.

His father's methodology for raising him is fascinating. Cus D'Amato did similar with his prospects. Particularly Mike Tyson. The idea of reincarnation sort of went along with it.

One of our all time greatest Americans.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Morewood
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Not sure if that's your son, or the greatest photo bomb ever.

Either way, you should be proud.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

No we don't. Then Major Patton rolled tanks on WW1 veterans in Washington DC. Google "Bonus Army"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve heard the assassination theories for years. Dad, a WW2 vet, thought there was something to them, although he wasn’t a big fan of Patton.
“I’ll be the first one to Berlin if I gotta send the dog tags home in boxcars”. “His guts, our blood” so the soldiers said.
And yes, he was in the thick of forcing out the Bonus Marchers, supposedly using the flat of his saber. Ike told both him and MacArther to stay out of it, but neither one took the advice.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

149 members (1minute, 673, 1_deuce, 29aholic, 5sdad, 26 invisible), 1,992 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,081
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.