-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yeah, too bad most of their offerings are SOLD OUT.

Being a British company, no telling if "sold out" means no more are available or it is just a back order situation. Ay wot!

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I wear leather driving/ shooting gloves in warmer or more strenuous conditions. They are fine for pulling a trigger almost no difference. Will go over the top with about any glove or glommiit in colder wetter conditions but if I believe it’s shooting time driving the outer layer & go with some but less warmth to keep the good trigger feel. Don’t actually notice a difference when shooting but certainly warmer than no gloves. Has worked at slightly below zero so far.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Being from MN. I am well versed in "hand wear". From active events to stand hunting you need a well rounded array of gloves, mittens, wool liners, silk liners and a couple of waterproof styles. Search and buy quality - on sale. If you are really susceptible to cold weather - don't forget the chemical hand warmers too! The bottom line is there is no excuse for cold hands.

^ THIS ^ i have lived in Northern Minnesota all my life ,worked as a electrical lineman for 35 years and what bigwhoop posted is correct . and always have extra gloves in a sealed plastic bag snow means wet cold weather. good luck ,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe
Originally Posted by mtwarden
I like to dress my hands in layers, just like the rest of my clothing- a thin liner glove, an insulated mitten and a waterproof/windproof mitt shell- some times it's just the glove, sometimes its the liner and the shell and sometimes it's all three. I've never found a "one glove" solution for cold weather

Sitka Ascent gloves
Enlightened Equipment Stronghold insulated mitts (Apex insulation)
Outdoor Research Goretex shell mitts

Yep.

Yes, this, and then I have another pair of gor-tex lined gloves that I wear walking to and from stands because that is when I am most likely to touch snow covered branches, trees, etc. and get things wet. When I get where I am going I put on the mittens and depending on how cold it is a pair of liner gloves underneath them. Sometimes add a hot hands pack.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits.- Albert Einstein
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Love my Sitka Ascent gloves for bowhunting, also use them in conjunction with glo-mitts when calling coyotes.

IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (1moredeer, 1minute, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 3,202 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,381
Posts18,469,547
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.