Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
A shooting last night in the Ocala NF. The rainbow people claim a redneck shot and killed one of the tribe. The traveling freak show takes up residence in the forest every winter. Nasty, filthy hippies, that cause all sorts of trouble.
https://www.wcjb.com/2021/02/16/rai...rother-is-killed-in-late-night-shooting/

Last edited by Mannlicher; 02/16/21.

Sam......

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Everyone of them I've met has been super nice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I seem to recall there was a pretty extremist group many years back, the Rigby Rainbow people or something like that. Meth heads, LSD Rainbow warrior types who would spike trees and attack oil rigs... that sort of random kill violence. When a saw mill blade lets go it can get ugly...

Wonder if these people are a related group?

Or maybe it was a just a drug supply issue...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So that's where they went. Years ago they had a couple confabs near here. Trashed the forest and disappeared. I haven't heard them mentioned in a long time. I thought maybe they'd all died of old age. I guess they just went south to retire.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think some good members here should dedicate themselves to the continuation of the Extremist Rainbow Alliance:

Paddler, JiminTN, Greyghost, CowboyTim,etc

Last edited by BobBrown; 02/16/21.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
are people supposed to know wtf rainbow people are? deadheads or some such? or maybe out of work carnies. you know, with the hands, the cabbage, etc.

My diploma is a DD214
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Fugking bearded Lady

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Damn, I clicked on this hoping there would be fishing pics

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I never heard of rainbow people until now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Years ago I was in Dillion Montana. They had one of their gatherings there. Weird. Glad my kids didn’t go down that road. On the up side, I did catch a 6lb Brown in the Beaverhead.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobBrown
I think some good members here should dedicate themselves to the continuation of the Extremist Rainbow Alliance:

Paddler, JiminTN, Greyghost, CowboyTim,etc

You're right there with them dumb fuqk...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Never heard of them

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
A shooting last night in the Ocala NF. The rainbow people claim a redneck shot and killed one of the tribe. The traveling freak show takes up residence in the forest every winter. Nasty, filthy hippies, that cause all sorts of trouble.
https://www.wcjb.com/2021/02/16/rai...rother-is-killed-in-late-night-shooting/

Sumtin is telling me you have never attended a Rainbow Family gathering..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ask Paddler

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The rainbow name has nothing to do with the gay society.

FYI
The first official Rainbow Family Gathering was held at the Strawberry Lake, Colorado, on the Continental Divide in 1972, Inspired in large part by the first Woodstock Festival.

Regional Rainbow Gatherings are held throughout the year in the United States, as are annual and regional gatherings in dozens of other countries. These Gatherings are non-commercial, and all who wish to attend peacefully are welcome to participate. There are no leaders, and traditionally the Gatherings last for a week, with the primary focus being on gathering on public land.

I attended one of their gathering in Ocala National Forest a few years ago, mainly out of curiosity. I live nearby and visit the forest often anyway.

What I saw was anything but dirty no good hippies.

I pulled off the road, parked and started walking. It was about 1/4 mile off the road where they had their gathering around a large bonfire.

The woods were full of camps, the first I came by was a group of quarter million dollar pusher bus type RVs. Then there were camps made up of smaller RVs and tents.
There were big tables piled with free food and clothing along the way.

I spoke with people as I walked and learned what was going on, this was to be a special night.
Forest Service had been giving them hell for a few days due to legal gatherings were limited to 15 people in the Forest. About 1500 had shown up. They'd arranged a meeting with the local Ranger and two Forest Service lawyers to argue the point. It was to take place by their bonfire.
There were 4 lawyers that were Rainbow Family members present to represent their side of the argument.

Seems many of these hippy flower children from the Woodstock era had grownup, became professionals and some already retired.

The argument was interesting, the Forest service brought up safety issues, the Rainbow Family lawyers were well prepared, they had documentation for two licensed Doctors and four registered nurses they had working rotating shifts in their first-aid tent, all were Rainbow Family members.

These guys had argued this point over and over in many National Forest around the country where they hold these events.
The forest service didn't fare well in making their argument.
It ended in a push, it's against our rules but leave the place clean and don't do it again without a permit.

It was a peaceful event, I was glad I went, most still believe in free love and happiness I enjoyed my night in the forest.

There is a fringe group of unemployed deadbeat youth that hangout in Ocala National Forest who claim to be Rainbow Family members.

They are anything but.

They often get arrested for petty crimes in nearby areas and scar the Rainbow Family name.

It appears a few local punks figured it was open season on this group and nobody would care, I doubt it'll end well for the one that pulled the trigger.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The rainbow hippies are a cult. Many are from wealthy families, but live like animals. They travel in packs like gypsies. When they migrate here, property crimes spike. Theft, burglary, shoplifting and so forth. They are filthy, and trash the forest with excrement and litter. The locals really hate them.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
The rainbow hippies are a cult. Many are from wealthy families, but live like animals. They travel in packs like gypsies. When they migrate here, property crimes spike. Theft, burglary, shoplifting and so forth. They are filthy, and trash the forest with excrement and litter. The locals really hate them.

Sumtin is telling me you have never attended a Rainbow Family gathering..

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rock Chuck: The rainbow hippies indeed met twice in the Bighole Valley of SW Montana in the 24 years I have lived near there.
One time they had 27,000 stinky rainbow people holed up in Skinner Meadows near Jackson, Montana.
The horrors those cretins heaped upon this county of 9.200 residents was noteworthy!
Our medical facilities, ambulances, law enforcement, hospital and emergency responders were overwhelmed for 20+ days!
Plus they ruined the meadows.
Druggies, mental deficients, runaways, felons, auto thieves, petty thieves, perverts and anti-establishment types ruled that gathering.
Local law enforcement arrested as many as they could but the green leaning "u.s. forest service" REFUSED to enforce ANY of the thousands of laws these rainbow cretins broke/ignored/flaunted!
I will NEVER forgive the u.s. forest service for that!
I had a "rainbow member" informant back in the late 1970's and he relayed to me among many other things that they conducted classes in law breaking techniques amongst the members of the rainbow clan!
ANYONE who thinks the rainbow people are "nice" is simply an out of touch idiot!
PERIOD!
They have long been known harborers of runaways and tend to sexually abuse them no end - among other anti-social behaviors.
I don't condone shooting the rainbow people to death with guns but I do warn people about their true agendas.
Sad sack of virtually worthless cretins - rainbow people are.
A for instance that just came to mind - young barely pubescent girl (very short and scant pubic hair!) came with the "rainbows" to our city/county and she would sit her unpantied ass on a corner curb in our small town spread her legs for all to see her wares and offer herself to passers-by for monies!
Prostitution had been long gone in this city and the numerous calls (including mine!) to law enforcement went unheeded as they were all 40 miles away tending to the non-stop drug over doses and assaults going on at the "rainbow gathering"!
Pray your young loved ones DO NOT get involved in rainbowism.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Those hippies came in to Utah a few years ago. They trashed the hell out of the places they stayed. Finally got run out. They should have just been culled.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
JeffA: That reminds me of another kind of funny incident that happened during our last rainbow people "invasion" here.
My youngest VarmintSon and I were shopping at the local grocery store and he wanted a special flavor of ice cream and fetched it for our shopping cart.
Once back to home he opened the half gallon of ice cream yelled over to me to see what had befallen that round container of ice cream!
The brand new (to us!) ice cream had been opened and a large handful (you could see the finger grooves!) of ice cream had been scooped out - the lid replaced and an unwary shopper (me!) bought it.
I grabbed the container and headed straight back to the Safeway.
I approached the manager whom I knew and showed him the "hand-scooped" ice cream container.
Now heres the funny part - the manager grabbed his cheeks with both hands and literally screamed out right on the floor of the store "what are thosefuckin hippies gonna do next"?
I laughed at that and refused his offer of a refund - I just wanted him to know of the incident and he relayed how he was at his wits end trying to ride herd on the thievin "rainbows" with NO law enforcement readily at hand.
Numerous friends of mine and the VarmintWifes had their back yard barbecues stolen during the three week invasion of these ner'do wells. Numerous barbecues were left at the vast campsite when the rainbows "left town".
Hence I surmise the "nice" rainbow people stole't barbecues (amongst other things) for the "event" then discarded them for the trip home
Heed my advice stay clear and be wary of rainbows.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (21, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 27 invisible), 1,767 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,492,998
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.