Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am thinking the ones bitching about Bitcoin are the same ones that will be crying about bitcoin when the last Bitcoin is mined. Ray

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
It seems to be going crazy as faith in other assets, like the dollar, decreases. Just asking.

Absolutely not. Bitcoin has no intrinsic worth. It has no real-world existence. Gold exists in reality and it has properties that humans have learned to use for several thousand years. Folks may speculate over both, but Bitcoin's value could drop to zero. Read up on the Dutch Tulip Craze and get back to me.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ray63
I am thinking the ones bitching about Bitcoin are the same ones that will be crying about bitcoin when the last Bitcoin is mined. Ray

Who is “bitching “ here ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by shaman
It seems to be going crazy as faith in other assets, like the dollar, decreases. Just asking.

Absolutely not. Bitcoin has no intrinsic worth. It has no real-world existence. Gold exists in reality and it has properties that humans have learned to use for several thousand years. Folks may speculate over both, but Bitcoin's value could drop to zero. Read up on the Dutch Tulip Craze and get back to me.

How about ‘paper gold ‘ , Shaman?

How many people do you reckon hold physical gold? Do you ?

Has gold ever been confiscated?

F’k a bunch of tulips!
Grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Lots of big players are lining up to use Hederas DLT. Faster, more secure and less expensive. BTC purists complain it's not decentralized enough. If the world has taught us anything, the Big Boys rarely lose. Hedera is their ecosystem.

PS- it's a long hold for me. Not something to swing on 20% pumps. Buy and hold, buy and hold.

Last edited by b_li_ber_tar_ian; 02/17/21.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Stickfight
OK, seriously, educate us.

On what?

The Dutch tulip bubble lasted a matter of weeks. People were trading futures contracts on tulip bulbs yet to be grown and the market went crazy. It boomed and busted in such a short time frame no actual bulbs could be delivered.

Bitcoin, by contrast, has been available to the public for 12 years, and on commercial public exchanges for 10. So it usually goes:
BTC $5: This is tulips!
BTC $50: This is tulips!
BTC $500: This is tulips!
BTC $5,000: This is tulips!
BTC $50,000: This is tulips!
And so on.

Buy it or don't, but posting nocoiner cope is just sad.

Are you saying it is not a bubble because it has gone on for longer? There have been some pretty long bubbles, the biggest I know of being the national debt.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

OK, tell us what makes it intrinsically valuable.

I never claimed BTC has Intrinsic Value. Like gold, Bitcoin does not generate a cash flow therefore it is not possible for it to have Intrinsic Value.

And I won't be sparing anyone anything they've earned. The guy I quoted didn't even understand the article he linked yet he felt compelled to reveal that by posting to the thread. People like him should be asking questions, not answering them, and I believe that if more people pointed out dumb people they'd go back into hiding and the signal to noise ratio of the entire internet would increase.

No one said you claimed it had intrinsic value, that is my question. I do however reject your assertion that something has to create cash flow to have intrinsic value. Witness, a loaf of bread, no cash flow, real intrinsic value.

And the question remains. Where is the intrinsic value?

Soli Deo Gloria

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve missed out on some ginormous gains due to my not liking to invest in things I don’t understand.

Had a friend my age ask me 5 years ago or so what I thought of bitcoin 🤔 I’m like wtf what do I think about quantum mechanics, I’m too dumb to have an opinion on either.

He was going to buy some. I need to call him & find out if he did & if so if he’s still holding or sold already.

Only other guy I knew to ask was my computer & network guy, a kid 23 years old at the time who’d done network maintenance for our University & was currently working for the hospital. Btw he did my stuff as a favor as I’d known the kid since he was born, I had less troubles w my puters & networks under his management than I ever did when using “pros” in our area. He’s a sharp kid. I of course insisted on paying him a third more than what he charged me initially.

He tried to explain it to me, but I just couldn’t grasp the concept enough to take the plunge. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Don’t recall what the price was in 2016, but it was well south of 40K. Damn it hurts to be dumb

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
For me the hilarious part is people thinking that the money is untraceable, in order to use DLT (the underlying fabric for bitcoin) you have to an a account somewhere.

So if you have an account - trust me, they know who you are.

Internet inventors people aren’t the smartest crowd of anarchists I’ve ever run into.

Last edited by Spotshooter; 02/17/21.
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

I never claimed BTC has Intrinsic Value. Like gold, Bitcoin does not generate a cash flow therefore it is not possible for it to have Intrinsic Value.

And I won't be sparing anyone anything they've earned. The guy I quoted didn't even understand the article he linked yet he felt compelled to reveal that by posting to the thread. People like him should be asking questions, not answering them, and I believe that if more people pointed out dumb people they'd go back into hiding and the signal to noise ratio of the entire internet would increase.

No one said you claimed it had intrinsic value, that is my question. I do however reject your assertion that something has to create cash flow to have intrinsic value. Witness, a loaf of bread, no cash flow, real intrinsic value.

If you've read this whole thread and still don't get it, its probably not for you.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by xxclaro

If you've read this whole thread and still don't get it, its probably not for you.
🤣

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by xxclaro

Maybe you can explain where the value comes from. I am usually pretty good with plain English.

Soli Deo Gloria

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are you saying it is not a bubble because it has gone on for longer?

No, I’m claiming that the comparing it with the tulip bubble is ignorant and the no one should allow ignorant people to advise them on any matter.

Read Goetzmann’s paper on bubbles. He doesn’t even mention Dutch tulips, because it isn’t analogous to any real modern bubbles.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Witness, a loaf of bread, no cash flow, real intrinsic value.

You are borrowing a term from the finance industry that you do not understand. Intrinsic Value has a definition that requires cash flow generation. You can’t just make up your own.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe you can explain where the value comes from.

People want it.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks for your time, but it still sounds like digital tulips to me. ;-{>8

Time will tell.

Soli Deo Gloria

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Time will tell.

Time has told.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Maybe you can explain where the value comes from.

People want it.

Apparently, I am the new gold.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Toddly

Time will tell.

Time has told.

Time goes on. ;-{>8

Soli Deo Gloria

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I can't wrap my mind around digital currencies. But I think if it starts to look like it's capable of becoming a challenger to the Federal Reserve's monopoly on manufacturing money, it's going to have problems, eventually.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

172 members (3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 14 invisible), 1,663 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.