Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ii've had a 3500w inverter for about 5 years. starts every time, runs quiet and is very efficient. i just make sure i run it dry after every use.

My diploma is a DD214
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by rem141r
ii've had a 3500w inverter for about 5 years. starts every time, runs quiet and is very efficient. i just make sure i run it dry after every use.

How's the run time on those?

My Honda 3k runs my 13.5 RV AC for 9-10 hours and it seems like forever with small loads..Run Time is important IMHO and that would matter in buying one,or should..

Jayco

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
never really measured it but its gotta be 10-12 hours on a tank of gas. maybe more. when i run it long term, i refill it before it gets empty. its so efficient that when i use it for short time, i need to remember to only put a little gas in or i end up running it forever waiting for it to go dry. it think it was either $499 or $529, something like that after coupon.

My diploma is a DD214
L
Lucas1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
I'm looking at getting the Predator 9000 for occasional use. It's been four days without power in Mississippi. That's very rare but it still sucks when you have a well and electric heat. I am looking at getting my well pump wired so I can hook it to a generator the next time this happens.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by deflave
My black friends seem to love them.

U fugger

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I've had a Yamaha 2800I for 16 yrs now.........

one pull start when needed..........quiet too

https://www.yamahagenerators.com/EF2800i-p/ef2800i.htm

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Have the Predator 2000. Can't tell any difference from my nephews Honda.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by gunzo
Use a 20% coupon & get a 3500W Predator inverter from Harbor for less money than a 1000W Honda.

Most (I've heard not all) of the 20% Coupons have an exclusion against Predator power tools.

Come to think of it, I think you're right. But several times a year they discount them that much. Maybe not when you need one, but I have seen the 3500's @ appox. 650 bucks. A Honda 3000, $2200.

Now, I know the price diff. on a Saturday night at midnight, when the Predator goes down,,,,, the warranty don't mean chit. So, tough call.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have a Yamaha 3000iSEB and a Honda 1000i. The difference between the Honda and Yamaha compared to the Predator is noticeable. The Predator has an annoying drone to the exhaust note. The Honda and Yamaha has lots of engineering employed to cancel resonance sounds. When you look at the intake track of the Honda is apparent the distance they go to, to eliminate noise. The carb on the Honda uses emulsion tube main jet well to be able to reduce intake velocity and reduce noise. Many times, I have left camp and forgot to shut off the generator because it was so quiet. When I remembered, I though, just let it run.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have a 7000/8750w Predator. Have had it for probably 7 or 8 years. No problem with it. It has bailed us out numerous times over the years. I remember we got a great deal on it. It was on sale and while we were wandering around the store waiting for them to bring one out, the salesman came up to us with a $200 coupon that had been expired for about 2 days that he found on the floor. He told us to give it to the cashier and that he would was going to tell her to go ahead and honor it. Walked out with it for about $400. Reg price was about $800 if I remember right.

Last edited by Cretch; 02/19/21.

3825 24336
IC B3

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
I have 2. A 6500 for when power goes out at home and a quiet 3000 for the RV. Never had a problem with either.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They get good reviews......look at the videos on the tube.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I have the 9500 watt models I believe, I bought it for under 400 bucks on sale and have used it several times to power my entire house during storms. Seems to get about 10 hours on a tank of gas, electric start it's a bit loud but that's ok. I've ran my furnace, electric water heater, range, fridge, freezer, washer dryer, and microwave with no issues. I bought one as a anniversary gift for my sister and they love it as well. Both generators went on sale after I bought them and harbor freight honored the difference both times

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by logcutter
Originally Posted by rem141r

How's the run time on those?

My Honda 3k runs my 13.5 RV AC for 9-10 hours and it seems like forever with small loads..Run Time is important IMHO and that would matter in buying one,or should..

Jayco

Jayco would know.

It powers his “house.”

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My son bought a 3500 Predator from HF a couple of years ago and it still works great. Doesn't sound like a big deal except the generator spent 4 weeks on the roof of the boat running 24 - 7 till the fishing season ended. Bought the 2 year extended warranty and never got to use it.

Life is good live it while you can.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Jayco would know.

It powers his “house.”

I wish,I would be proud to say I live off the grid and not hooked up to the money grabber electric with solar/gen backup..

I have owned Onan(4)/Yamaha/Champion/Generac/Honda/Westinghouse/Sears and a lawnmower engine converted to putout juice when living where I work in the hills...The Honda wins hands down..People in Alaska report 10-20,000 hours on there Honda's with regular maintenance..

Predator is okay,I guess but when buying a generator,no-one ever thinks of resale value..I have a Generac 4000XL I bought for $299 at Home Depot in Coeur D'alene Idaho years ago..I have used and abused that thing and it starts up easily and never gave me any issues other than noise but resale value on that is all but nothing and why I still have it...

Onans can be finicky if not taken care of extremely well/My Yamaha 4000 would not run an RV AC in 90 degree weather while the Honda just purs along in weather that hot with the AC going..Champions are noisy compared to Honda and the Sears was a ripoff...

Resale value counts down the road.

I currently have 5 generators at the house,a man can't have enough generators...Honda 3k/Honda 2k/Generac 4000XL/ Westinghouse and a 2-stroke I can't remember the name of right now..

Jayco

Last edited by logcutter; 02/20/21. Reason: Left something out..LOL
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MM879
I have a Yamaha 3000iSEB and a Honda 1000i. The difference between the Honda and Yamaha compared to the Predator is noticeable. The Predator has an annoying drone to the exhaust note. The Honda and Yamaha has lots of engineering employed to cancel resonance sounds. When you look at the intake track of the Honda is apparent the distance they go to, to eliminate noise. The carb on the Honda uses emulsion tube main jet well to be able to reduce intake velocity and reduce noise. Many times, I have left camp and forgot to shut off the generator because it was so quiet. When I remembered, I though, just let it run.

The Honda 1000 is the oldest generator I own. It must be close to 20 years old. It runs perfect. The death of the Honda will be deterioration of the wiring insulation. It is starting to yellow and harden. I like the Yamaha, it has industrial features with the boost mode. The Yamaha will keep the armature excited during high load applications for a moment. Given the choice between the Yamaha and Honda again, I would go with the Honda. Honda is more aggressive with their loading and electrical ratings. You get the power level you pay for with the Honda.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm shaking my head a little. Resale value? A generator is something you buy and use until it dies. Unless you screw up and buy one that's too small for the job, there's no resale involved - ever.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I'm shaking my head a little. Resale value? A generator is something you buy and use until it dies. Unless you screw up and buy one that's too small for the job, there's no resale involved - ever.

You may think that and I might myself but there in the paper every day..Some sell because there louder than they thought,others sell because they don't need it anymore or think they don't and others to buy a better/larger or smaller one or they went 100% solar and think they don't need a generator anymore because the sun shines where there at...I sold a couple because I had to many and one because it was a POS and another because it looked like a power washer and was noisier than advertised...

There are reasons to sell,just not for you and I understand your reasoning for "you" not everyone else..

Jayco

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It used to be a good portion of hunters would buy a hunting rifle the week before deer season and then sell it back to the LGS or pawn it the week before Christmas.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

233 members (320090T, 17CalFan, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, 24 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 993 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,980
Posts18,519,946
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.