Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by cisco1
About 20% of Bitcoin value / wallets are locked for good ....due to lost passwords / email addys.
How much is 1 Bitcoin worth when you lose your password?
Same amount your cash is worth when you loose your wallet.
Except it's more like losing an entire bank account than just walking around money?

I'm BY FAR no expert on the subject but I think there is some confusion in that you don't have to own a whole Bitcoin worth 50k plus. You can own really small fractions and essentially put in as many dollars worth as you want. So, like you probably would not walk around with $50k in your physical wallet, someone likely would not walk around toting a phone or whatever that stored whole bitcoins.

That's correct, you can buy very small amounts of Bitcoin. Most people will have at least one cold wallet that stores the keys to most of their crypto, instead of leaving it online where it might be vulnerable to attack.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by 1100RemingtonMan
Bitcoin is no better than Paper Money and Paper Money is only worth something if People believe it is worth something. In reality it really is just Paper nothing more. Beliefs can be destroyed in less than a day. Same goes for Bitcoin it’s only value is belief.

Not really. First off paper money can be counterfeited, and more can be printed at any time in any quantity. Bitcoin has a limited supply.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I wish you password fairies were more motivated to learn before posting.

There is no such thing as a “Bitcoin password”. Just because you read about that in the Jew York Times doesn’t make it so, they have no idea what they are talking about either.

What people are “losing” is the password to the software they use to secure their wallet’s private key.

For people who are open to learning this risk is easily mitigated. A person can create a wallet at a place like Bitcoin Paper Wallet, print it on literal paper, and put that in a safe. That document has the wallet’s public key which can be shown to someone who wants send BTC to it, and the private key that can be used to transfer it out.

The fearful among you are likely correct though. If you are dumb enough to lose the password to the software that stores your key, lose the password to the backup, lose the printed paper wallet, and lose the seed words to restore the keys....Bitcoin is probably not for you and you should eat your dinner with a spoon so you don’t end up with a fork in your eye.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cooperfan
I invested in XRP-Ripple

Great value at .50 cents

I sold my XRP, will wait to see how the SEC lawsuit turns out. It has managed to hold on better than I expected though.

It sure has. Quite a few of my buddies are buying it because of the cost

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stickfight

There is no such thing as a “Bitcoin password”. Just because you read about that in the Jew York Times doesn’t make it so, they have no idea what they are talking about either.

What people are “losing” is the password to the software they use to secure their wallet’s private key.

For people who are open to learning this risk is easily mitigated. A person can create a wallet at a place like Bitcoin Paper Wallet, print it on literal paper, and put that in a safe. That document has the wallet’s public key which can be shown to someone who wants send BTC to it, and the private key that can be used to transfer it out.

The fearful among you are likely correct though. If you are dumb enough to lose the password to the software that stores your key, lose the password to the backup, lose the printed paper wallet, and lose the seed words to restore the keys....Bitcoin is probably not for you and you should eat your dinner with a spoon so you don’t end up with a fork in your eye.

Yep. I use Coinbase and put my password in my safe. Coinbase is kind of expensive but I felt very safe with each of my 3 transactions.

IC B2

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Toddly

Yep. I use Coinbase and put my password in my safe. Coinbase is kind of expensive but I felt very safe with each of my 3 transactions.

You using Coinbase or Coinbase Pro? The Pro version has much cheaper fees, and transferring your stuff over to Pro is very simple.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Uphold

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by cisco1
About 20% of Bitcoin value / wallets are locked for good ....due to lost passwords / email addys.
How much is 1 Bitcoin worth when you lose your password?

Same amount your cash is worth when you loose your wallet.

Until someone finds your wallet. What's the likelihood that someone will stumble across your lost password?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Toddly

coinbase pro works well for me too

Last edited by ribka; 02/19/21.
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Wouldn't be surprised to see it at 60 thousand next week.

IC B3

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X

Reached 57k today.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Can one spend such when the power is off in central Montana?

1Minute
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I’m hanging on.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Not bitcoin necessarily

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by xarcher

Reached 57k today.

58k today

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

Reached 57k today.

58k today

My accounts are in Canadian dollars so it makes it look e even better, 72k today! Ethereum has had a strong week too, I'm hoping that continues, got more riding on that than I do BTC

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
58k today

Bought more due to the below. I admit I don't know what "extractive" means in this context but I think it is something I would approve of. Let the marginalized people keep building houses out of sticks and mud like muskrats.

But 28k BTC ($1.6BB worth) moved into public exchanges today. Probably going to hold down price as it is almost certainly to sell.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Buy Mirror Protocol (Mir)

You're Welcome

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by b_li_ber_tar_ian
Buy Mirror Protocol (Mir)

You're Welcome

Its definitely interesting, SNX is kinda similar and has done quite well so Mir could definitely be a good pick. Where are you buying?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am not feeling so smart about keeping my crypto investments that I should have sold last week. It's hard to jump off of a rocket ship.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

675 members (1minute, 17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 63 invisible), 3,312 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,962
Posts18,499,194
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.