Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Canon Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
After considering the comments made by myself in the last few days, it became apparent that an apology was in order.<P>The manner in which I directed my comments and questions, to Mr. Ken Howell was indeed insensitive and unnescessary.<P>It not only hurt the feelings of Mr.Howell, but the members of this board as well.<BR>For this ,I AM SORRY, and I DO apologize.<P>It should be possible to sort out such conflicting views, through courteous discussion, rather than the methods that I used.<P>I have apologized, personally to Mr. Howell, via e-mail. If all of the bridges haven't been burned, I would still very much like to be a welcomed member of this board. If this is not possible , than I do understand.<P>Thanks for listening. Canon

GB1

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Anybody with enough guts to apologize is always welcome in any forums that I participate in. E

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought you handled the whole discussion quite well.Apparently you believe you could have done better,and you are the judge of that.<P>You have high standards for yourself and you are to be commended.<P>YOU'LL NEVER MAKE IT AS A REDNECK!!! GRIN

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Canon, <P>You're an amateur compared to some of the real agitators on this board, and they never apologize. I think all of us, well, maybe not me, LOL, get carried away from time to time, but what is a campfire and firewater for. Welcome to the crowd.<P>

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is there any doubt, now, that there's a real gentleman among us?<P>My mother wrote on the flyleaf of my very first all-my-own New Testament when I was a boy:<P>"It is good to be a great man.<BR>"It is great to be a good man."<P>Amen!<P>(Just one wee correction, Canon � you didn't hurt my feelings!)<p>[This message has been edited by Ken Howell (edited April 23, 2001).]

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
professionalism and courtesy<P>I like it.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
Canon Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
It means alot! <P>Thanks Guys

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
<BR> It takes a man to publicly apologize. Were lucky to have you on this board.......10

"Like with any House of Prostitution we ought to charge admission at the United Nations building"

"Even better, we should bulldoze it down and put a public shooting range in its place." "We'd be a safer country for it".
Canon Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks 10 Point/ If I don't shut up and get off the case head measurement topic, I'll have to post yet another apology.<BR>I'm going to go practice what I've been preaching, and find a couple safe loads for that new 8 Mag. <BR>I guess if no one hears from me again, that will mean to disregard anything I've said about load development in the past [Linked Image] <p>[This message has been edited by Canon (edited April 25, 2001).]

S
S
I just noticed a couple bullet holes in my own foot.<P>------------------<BR>I'm a sucker for those S&W J-frames

I'm a sucker for those S&W J-frames
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Different place and different time for the campfire.....

look at this campfire from 2001...

compared to the Campfire 20 years later....

how times change.... and not for the better....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As bad as 24Campfire has gotten, I was shocked by the rude comments about guys wives etc, on Garage Journal Forum. The forum is an excellent resource I recently found for mechanic's hand tools., but a little crude..

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
As bad as 24Campfire has gotten, I was shocked by the rude comments about guys wives etc, on Garage Journal Forum. The forum is an excellent resource I recently found for mechanic's hand tools., but a little crude..

Is that where Steelhead ended up?

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Is that where Steelhead ended up?

Lol......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When forums and bulletin boards started getting more widely used in the 90s, folks seemed generally polite. I found it very strange to become very involved with certain groups of people to the extent that it was how I spent every evening for quite some time, but coming to the realization that if I turned my computer off those people essentially ceased to exist. It was an odd and disconcerting feeling.

I don't know if it's anonymity, or what...I do wonder how it all looks through the eyes of the younger set who were never well acquainted with the world before the WWW. I'd say we've been navigating (or trying to) uncharted waters for the last 25 years and no one really knows where we're going.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You could be on to something. Auto mechanics, would tend to be younger guys. Forum put emphases on writing skills , but if you texting from a smart phone , brevity is foremost.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
As now, some of the stuff posted back then is good, usefull info. I printed off some instructions on 700 Rem trigger adjustment back in 04, posted by a member..used it again yesterday. It worked.

To the point, think folks were a bit more respectfull then, than now. YMMV

N
ned Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
As now, some of the stuff posted back then is good, usefull info. I printed off some instructions on 700 Rem trigger adjustment back in 04, posted by a member..used it again yesterday. It worked.

To the point, think folks were a bit more respectfull then, than now. YMMV

Big time more respectful. It was considered bad form to crap on someone's WTS post and be a dick in the other forums. Now some live to do it and my ignore list has grown quickly.

Impressed with the apology!

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw where curdog posted on that...............I miss him, he was one of the good guys.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JamesJR, He still is, just don't post here anymore. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1Longbow, 57 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,431
Posts18,470,796
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.