Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by antlers
If you go into a nursing home, like a lot of older folks do, state can go back as far as 10 years after your property. In Ga, pretty much everyone gets it to their kids as soon as they can to prepare for this in case it happens.
Medicaid Estate Recovery is federal law throughout the country. Two-thirds of people in nursing homes are funded by Medicaid. If you die and you’ve been a Medicaid recipient (especially of long-term health care), the state government (by federal law) goes after whatever they can get from the estate of the deceased.

The look back period was 5 years, prorated unless that’s changed recently.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
If you go into a nursing home, like a lot of older folks do, state can go back as far as 10 years after your property. In Ga, pretty much everyone gets it to their kids as soon as they can to prepare for this in case it happens.
Medicaid Estate Recovery is federal law throughout the country. Two-thirds of people in nursing homes are funded by Medicaid. If you die and you’ve been a Medicaid recipient (especially of long-term health care), the state government (by federal law) goes after whatever they can get from the estate of the deceased.

Your fat azz hasn’t looked over your shoulder looking back since 2001.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Your fat azz hasn’t looked over your shoulder looking back since 2001.

Have another drink Flave.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Medicaid is looked at by the government as an interest free loan for healthcare that you can’t afford, and if you have assets that’ll help reimburse them for spending money on you via Medicaid, they can go after those assets after you die. And it can leave your heirs without the house they ‘thought’ they were gonna get from you after you died.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Why doesn't Paddler, SuckAssCharlie, or ISRO ever post on topics like this?

Because they did what they intended to do, helped get Trump out .

A few weeks ago (maybe a little longer) a captain in Army intel retired her commission because she said the US gvt was using the same psyops on Americans that it uses on other countries . Including internet trolling and AI. I’ll see if I can find the link

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3923987/posts

It was on a lot more sites including some msm . But looks cleared up at first glance

Last edited by JeffP; 03/02/21.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Medicaid is looked at by the government as an interest free loan for healthcare that you can’t afford, and if you have assets that’ll help reimburse them for spending money on you via Medicaid, they can go after those assets after you die. And it can leave your heirs without the house they ‘thought’ they were gonna get from you after you died.

The look back period concerns transfers of wealth from the patient to other entities and is reviewable for the past 5 years for those who go on Medicaid.

Proper uses of Trusts can help avoid this IF the Trust was established 5 years prior to applying for Medicaid, That’s only one example.

This can vary from state to state.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
And then farming will stop.

MM

A bunch of elitist a$$holes need to starve to death.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The look back period concerns transfers of wealth from the patient to other entities and is reviewable for the past 5 years for those who go on Medicaid. Proper uses of Trusts can help avoid this IF the Trust was established 5 years prior to applying for Medicaid, That’s only one example.
If one’s parent lives in their own home, and they have to go into a nursing home long-term for whatever reason...and they were planning on passing their home to their heirs via probate after their death (with or without a will)...the state government can go after that home, and get it. That’s one example too.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The look back period concerns transfers of wealth from the patient to other entities and is reviewable for the past 5 years for those who go on Medicaid. Proper uses of Trusts can help avoid this IF the Trust was established 5 years prior to applying for Medicaid, That’s only one example.
If one’s parent lives in their own home, and they have to go into a nursing home long-term for whatever reason...and they were planning on passing their home to their heirs via probate after their death (with or without a will)...the state government can go after that home, and get it. That’s one example too.

Point taken, Antlers.

It does vary from state to state.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Ethics question. If you have property which is in fact money are you not liable to pay a Bill? Be it for a car or a nursing home. Just wondering how you guys feel about this. Edk

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ERK
Ethics question. If you have property which is in fact money are you not liable to pay a Bill? Be it for a car or a nursing home. Just wondering how you guys feel about this. Edk

Conversely, how do you feel about folks owning property, a home, vehicles, etc. and claiming Bankruptcy to eliminate debts?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Tax plan?

Well if cowards just do as they are ordered to do, and keep paying for their own destruction they deserve to loose it all.

The power is 100% in the hands of the people and their tax monies and if they simply say "I can't resist" they get to be right.
But if they are right they should accept it and just shut up about it. It's THEIR CHOISE, not actually the communist's choice.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by szihn
Tax plan?

Well if cowards just do as they are ordered to do, and keep paying for their own destruction they deserve to loose it all.

The power is 100% in the hands of the people and their tax monies and if they simply say "I can't resist" they get to be right.
But if they are right they should accept it and just shut up about it. It's THEIR CHOISE, not actually the communist's choice.

Do you pay your legally required taxes ?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by szihn
Tax plan?

When was the last year you filed a tax return?

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by stiff
Rain on the scare crow blood on the plow!

Badass song.

MAGA
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Old Toot. Personally bankruptcy when you have that stuff is not for, me. There are circumstances beyond control at times that make it necessary. I barely survived the first ten years of farming but I never considered bankruptcy. I either made it or not .
Now please answer my question instead of just asking another question. Edk

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ERK
Old Toot. Personally bankruptcy when you have that stuff is not for, me. There are circumstances beyond control at times that make it necessary. I barely survived the first ten years of farming but I never considered bankruptcy. I either made it or not .
Now please answer my question instead of just asking another question. Edk

Fair enough.

You are responsible.

You are also responsible for planning ahead and effecting those plans.

Okay ?

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Yup. Toot it’s responsibility for our debts. Even an old folks home is a responsibility until your broke.
The taxes on the other hand on stuff that were purchased with money that taxes were already paid on is another subject altogether. Something like a farm should not be taxed 3 or 4 times over. Edk

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What about farm subsidies...? Many see farm subsidies as welfare for farmers.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Farm subsidies are meant to keep non farmers fat and content for the least amount possible. Gotta keep the workers above bankruptcy. Edk

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (10Glocks, 1minute, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 56 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,534
Posts18,472,748
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.