-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I suppose you get the point I'm driving at.

Bitcoin is no more stupid than other things we place value on.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by akasparky

I don't see that point at all. Cookies at least have real underlying value supporting their price. They exist in physical reality and can be used in ways other than as a means of exchange, ways valued by most people, value based in factors pertaining to the fundamentals of human nature.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I don't see that point at all. Cookies at least have real underlying value supporting their price. They exist in physical reality and can be used in ways other than as a means of exchange.

Headfirst into the abyss of inanity.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I don't see that point at all. Cookies at least have real underlying value supporting their price. They exist in physical reality and can be used in ways other than as a means of exchange.

Headfirst into the abyss of inanity.
That's not an argument.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I don't see that point at all. Cookies at least have real underlying value supporting their price. They exist in physical reality and can be used in ways other than as a means of exchange, ways valued by most people, value based in factors pertaining to the fundamentals of human nature.

I can’t wait for your take on Ethereum!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Toddly

I wasn't aware that Etherium has been proposed as a money substitute. Isn't it a method of doing business, absent middle men?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Ever hear of pump and dump?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I wasn't aware that Etherium has been proposed as a money substitute. Isn't it a method of doing business, absent middle men?

Partly

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Can I interest you in some Webistics stock?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you find this web site valuable?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Do you find this web site valuable?

Until .gov intervenes, lol.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
I, like many of you have been for a long time unsure/ignorant/skeptical of Bitcoin. Have basically ignored it and stuck to traditional investing by buying long and holding and have done very well at it. But being 60 years old, my brain has been programmed like many of yours to look for material value like gold, or underlying value, etc. My millennial son on the other hand, with a couple of masters degrees in finance, does not have the same predispositions. Not saying that is good or bad. Just not the same. Well he has been bugging me for some time to jump into the Bitcoin/blockchain arena. I have resisted but about 6 weeks ago, I bought some Bitcoin as well as a blockchain ETF that together amounts to about 7% of my overall investments. So far have been rewarded but its only been a handful of weeks. Then he sends me a copy of a podcast (see the link below) as an educational tool with a 60+ year CEO of a Capital Management company and a millennial youtuber. On the surface, I'd say these guys know way more than anybody on this forum (i guarantee you they know way more than me on the subject), and have a 1 hour discussion about the state of Bitcoin. How we got here, where it might go, etc. The podcast is about 1.5 hours long, but is fascinating and informative to me if nothing else. But admittedly, I am too ignorant to know any better. Actually I am too ignorant to know about a lot of things which is why I go to a doctor when I am sick, If you don't want to watch the whole thing, fast forward to about 1:17 mark and watch it from there. The "old" guy wraps up where we are and where he thinks its going. Enjoy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/prestonpysh/status/1362906901793681412

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
That's what I've been trying to tell people that I know. Things change, technology advances, new opportunities arise. Staying in one place, even if its been a good place, only ensures that you will be left behind. I don't know what the future holds, but even the little that I understand about blockchain and defi makes me believe its going to play a significant part in the future. Its one of the only possibilities I see for beginning to squirm out from under Big Brother's thumb.

I'm not recommending it to anyone or saying its a good investment. It has been for me, but I've only been in it a short while. What I am saying is that its probably a good idea to at least have a decent understanding about what it is/isn't, and what the potential might be. Dismissing new ideas out of hand just because you don't get it is rarely a winning strategy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good post xx, I've been listening to Preston for a while now.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

But you can trade gold coins for food and ammo when everything collapses. Lol

I’d love to see you try and trade a gold coin to a 25 year old

Last edited by ribka; 02/25/21.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I wouldn't put too much faith in Bitcoin. It's not as private and free as everybody seems to think it is. And - in contrast to gold - it has no inherent value and is the subject of a relatively fickle market as is.
Not to mention that everyone can see your account balance by simple analyzing the Blockchain. If you want to get into Crypto for privacy and stability reasons, I'd suggest Monero.

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Boomer454
I wouldn't put too much faith in Bitcoin. It's not as private and free as everybody seems to think it is. And - in contrast to gold - it has no inherent value and is the subject of a relatively fickle market as is.
Not to mention that everyone can see your account balance by simple analyzing the Blockchain. If you want to get into Crypto for privacy and stability reasons, I'd suggest Monero.

Interesting, Boomer.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boomer454
I wouldn't put too much faith in Bitcoin. It's not as private and free as everybody seems to think it is.

Only the ignorant, of which there is no shortage, think it is private. By design its entire ledger is public so it has 0 intrinsic privacy. What it can be is anonymous and the extent of that is entirely up to the wallet owner. Where people have had their identities associated with their wallets it has been because they created/connected those wallets to commercial exchanges or their traditional banking accounts, and those institutions gave gave up their info.

There is nothing stopping a person from transacting Bitcoin anonymously other than their own capability.

I'm not sure what you mean by free here but the tech that underpins is open source and available to anyone for no cost. That has resulted in open source wallets and exchanges also available free. There is nothing, again other than their own capability, to stop 2 people from writing their own software to conduct an exchange of BTC that was mined with their own software, so they can remain completely anonymous. There is/was a guy running an ETH mining rig in his section 8 apartment in California that he is powering from multiple circuits in public areas of the building, a configuration necessary due to the power draw not cost since he doesn't pay for electricity.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My crypto, metal, and oil are all down way more than the overall market today. Even the metal ETFs are down over 3%. What's to be expected?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (14idaho, 907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 11 invisible), 1,476 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.