Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

You'd

be wearing long johns out here

Lets see them Lycra shorts..............

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The days when I can’t put in a ten mile loop to work , I really miss it. Amazing how much better it makes you feel the rest of the day.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Down memory lane.
Thanks Paul.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WBT
A gravel bike is essentially a road bike with more aggressive tires. The tires are lower pressure, have more sidewall and treads that allow them to go over broken pavement, dirt, gravel, etc.
......... That sounds like what I need. I'm not much of a bike expert but my road bike has those skinny high pressure tires and the frame is actually a little big for me. I'd love a road bike with more conventional tires.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Paul how long does ti take you to ride the 31 miles? I used to ride allot and it's amazing just how much more you can see than from a car window. I rode on gravel county roads allot and rode right up on deer all the time.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Paul how long does ti take you to ride the 31 miles? I used to ride allot and it's amazing just how much more you can see than from a car window. I rode on gravel county roads allot and rode right up on deer all the time.

On this particular ride, I don't make good time. There are a lot of stops and traffic lights. My flat land rolling average with no wind is about 17. When I ride out in CO, I frequently ride up on deer and sometimes come upon elk and moose.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I like to VISIT Nola.

And Slidell.

Want to make it to the WW2 museum.

I am not a huge museum fan. The WW2 Museum gave me goose bumps and brought tears to my eyes. It is a MUST SEE in NOLA.

Agreed

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by robertham1
My wife and I went to NOLA on our honeymoon. Great place for stay for a few days. Really enjoyed the plantations, swamp tour, the food, and the WWII museum. From what I can remember, we watched some A’s playoff baseball game at a bar a little off the beaten path. Not sure why I didn’t remember it...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I can see that your bill looks like some of my old bar tabs......my wife doesn’t drink either. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by robertham1
My wife and I went to NOLA on our honeymoon. Great place for stay for a few days. Really enjoyed the plantations, swamp tour, the food, and the WWII museum. From what I can remember, we watched some A’s playoff baseball game at a bar a little off the beaten path. Not sure why I didn’t remember it...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Your bride must've been hammered after drinking those 10 gin and tonics.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
There ain't enough $$$$$$ in TEXAS to get me to live in that S hit hole!!

Well, there's LOTS of money in TX.... cool

I was talking to my wife about places I woudn't want to live. Her thought, with enough money, one could live pretty well just about anywhere...

She may have a point.

Like Paul, I'd not be wanting to be paying New Orleans property taxes, would rather live in Metairie (Jefferson Parish). My daughter and her family live in Old Metarie. And, the little ole ladies there are very particular about Old Metairie, vs. Metairie. BIG difference... wink
At least in their minds... : shocked

There are some areas that are pretty nice, million dollar homes up and down the streets.

But NO is very area specific, more so than Metairie. You gotta stay in your lane, because lanes can change quickly, as in a block or two. Locals know, touristas beware.

DF

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I’m not familiar with New Orleans but why is Bourbon St. so nasty?

Every city in the country has a party corridor but it seems like New Orleans almost takes pride in being a disaster.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by deflave

Every city in the country has a party corridor but it seems like New Orleans almost takes pride in being a disaster.

When I was there MANY years ago there was legal street drinking, you could buy a beer in a cup on the street right out of the keg and a whole lot of places with live sex shows. Might be a reason lol. I honestly have no idea if it's still like that now though.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

When I was there MANY years ago there was legal street drinking, you could buy a beer in a cup on the street right out of the keg and a whole lot of places with live sex shows. Might be a reason lol. I honestly have no idea if it's still like that now though.

That would make sense.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Thanks for the ride Paul. I got to visit New Orleans in January 2010. My oldest Son did a 5 month externship at the Marriot on Canal St. and I went down to help him move back. He took me around to a bunch of hole in the wall places to eat. The food was fantastic! I'd like to return some day just for the food.

Man, the food really is good. Sometimes I joke that I ride to eat, and it's not far from the truth.

Tons of great food around NO but, most of the food in town and the touristy areas is mediocre to poor. At least in my experience. Talk to some locals and get away from town and the food got exponentially better.

I haven’t visited since Katrina though. I’m sure it’s changed greatly.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

That would make sense.

That's my take. 90% of the trash is drink containers

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

That would make sense.

That's my take. 90% of the trash is drink containers

Yep.

Stale beer and puke adds to the aroma. But most of what you see are plastic cups and such.

DF

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Cool! Looks like you're making the best out of living there.

Nice bike!

I try. The fishing is some of the best on the planet. I need to do more of it.

How did the fish fare through the latest Vortex, Paul?

No problem at all. It stacked them up in deep water and made them easy to catch.

Great news, Paul. Thanks.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (222Sako, 270cowboy, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,601
Posts18,492,258
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.