Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by boatboy
I am not an expert but in my younger days I would be right up on the Snap on Truck

I cant justify that anymore especially as a guy who doesn't earn a living wrenching
I am glad I have what I have

I think the level of the lower cost brands has come up quite a bit

I agree 6 PT is the first step

Hank

I like Snap On tools but have had some real issues with them such as their 1/2 inch drive ratchets not holding up. Oh and their price. McGowan is just as good, just as pretty and tougher in all respects.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've yet to use these.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
HF has 2 levels, Icon and Pittsburgh. Icon is considerably more expensive. Home Depot carries Tekton, which is supposed to be pretty good, for about the same price as Icon.

Tekton is imported from China by that scumbag Justin Amaish's family tool business. He is the Republican senator from Michigan who wanted Trump impeached the first time for tariffing the chinese junk his family pimps.

Tekton is made in Taiwan.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
When you get into fasteners that require 250# to 450# torque you need some good tools.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Originally Posted by cra1948
Anymore, I don’t screw around with stuff like that. If something doesn’t break loose with what I consider reasonable torque, I go straight to the Kroil and give it a dose.

Angel piss is what we call it. K works more often than not. Good stuff.

How do you two apply Kroil to a lug nut on a trailer?

No schit. How do you apply kroil on any capped lug nut? Squirt it all over the wheel and hope it makes it to the threads? 🙄

No hoping to it, the damn stuff will get there.

If I remember right it creeps into spots as small as 1 millionth of an inch.

All that [bleep] is going to to in this situation is get into your brakes and cause more trouble

A little squirt at the base of a nut isn’t going to make it to your brakes unless you apply it like a drunk mongoloid.

Not all lug nuts are capped either.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Good God Gertie....it's easy to see who actually does this stuff and who just sits around thinking about it.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Kroil is P E N E T R A T I N G oil. It penetrates into tight spaces. Seriously good stuff; even for capped lug nuts. See below from their website.

"When it comes to freeing corroded items in tough spaces, nothing rivals powerful, industry-proven Kroil penetrating oil. Used and trusted by pros and experienced DIYers alike since 1939, Kroil quickly loosens rusted nuts and bolts, frees frozen shafts, pulleys, and more. No space is too tight to reach, thanks to Kroil’s ability to penetrate into spaces as small as one-millionth of an inch. Corrosion meets its match, as Kroil dissolves and prevents rust, cleans and lubricates, and displaces moisture."

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've returned a broken craftsman ratchet and screw driver to ACE about a month ago with no receipt, they just went in the back and gave me new one's.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
At work most of our sockets are Proto, Mechanics use Snap on. Impact sockets not sure on brand but I have never seen an impact socket break.
Kroil is the real deal. We buy Aero kroil. In a spray can. If you spray what you want to take apart a couple of times a day for a couple of days. Kroil usually helps.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,846
Posts18,496,943
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.