Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

I hate airbags. From what I can tell they cause as many injuries as prevent injuries.

Having said that, in a really big wreck, and really bad wreck, airbags can save a life........

I hate airbags as much as anti lock brakes, anti lock brakes can cause more accidents than they prevent

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My S.I.L. hit a deer on the way to work one evening. All the airbags did deploy. The SUV had leather interior and with the not so extensive front end damage, the insurance company said it was close to total with cost of side, rear seat and rest of airbags destroying the leather interior and cost of about eight different airbags. The free subscription to onStar had just expired and she said she was cussing like a sailor about hitting deer with new SUV. When she finally stopped cussing, a voice came over the car speakers and asked if she was alright and needed an ambulance. Apparently onStar responds if airbags are deployed whether you are subscribed with the service or not. It embarrassed her greatly.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
My S.I.L. hit a deer on the way to work one evening. All the airbags did deploy. The SUV had leather interior and with the not so extensive front end damage, the insurance company said it was close to total with cost of side, rear seat and rest of airbags destroying the leather interior and cost of about eight different airbags. The free subscription to onStar had just expired and she said she was cussing like a sailor about hitting deer with new SUV. When she finally stopped cussing, a voice came over the car speakers and asked if she was alright and needed an ambulance. Apparently onStar responds if airbags are deployed whether you are subscribed with the service or not. It embarrassed her greatly.

I would have told the person to mind her own damn bussiness, im having a bad day

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I hit a deer in November...on my way to my hunting spot. Speed was 105 kph, cruse set to that speed. Never saw the animal until it was right there. I managed to look down to the right, held my left had over the side of my face. Air bag deployed hit the back of my hand instead of my face. Deer went under the truck, buckled the skid plate, took the bumper off smashed the grill and damaged the driver side fender. My hand was badly bruised. I was told it was unusual that the airbag deployed, as there are three sensors that must detect a front-end smash before one airbag deploys. FYI...never did get another deer during the season!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
my boss hit a big mulie 3 years ago in his '17 Tacoma. He said he was only going 45, BUT air bags deployed. Insurance said truck was totaled, but the only damage was front end and one quarter panel.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Popped air bags on two cars when hitting deer one was a Honda Accord coupe, doing about 55-60. The other was a Nissan Altima doing around 75. The hood even came up and wrapped around the front windshield. Good times.

CK
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
2003 Corolla, the impact sensor is in the center of the front end, just behind the bumper shell. Wife hit an 800 lb heifer dead center at 55 MPH. Front legs wiped out the left side of the car. Rear legs wiped out the right side of the car. Poll just started to come thru the safety glass. Only straight body panels were driver side rear door and driver side rear quarter. No air bag deployment because the middle of the heifer was higher than the bumper and came up over the hood. Fortunately, windshield did not implode.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm ready for next time.....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (1minute, 01Foreman400, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,567
Posts18,491,832
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.