Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
So what about the tracking number showing it was delivered and the buyer saying he never received it?
How does usps handle that situation? Is it the sellers responsibility to file the claim or the buyer’s?
And what kind of investigation would usps do before reimbursing?
This has never happened to me but what’s to stop people from claiming they never received they’re package when really they did?
I’ve only had two occasions happen to me.
The first was with usps, sold some bullets to a guy years ago and he said the box was busted open and bullets were missing. Before I could even respond back he responded back and said he filed a claim with usps and all was good. I never had to show any kind of proof of the sale or any information to usps at all. No idea what ever became of the situation.
The other was a package from Midway delivered UPS. It arrived like it was drug behind the truck the whole way here. Busted open missing and broken stuff. Contacted midway, sent pictures to them. They replaced everything at no charge.

How can the buyer ever file a claim? I think they can assist, or provide information. The buyer did not purchase the insurance and they did not mail the package. They have no contractual right to anything from the post office. At least that would be my take on it. The insurance was bought by the seller and sold to the seller during his transaction. I would think the post office would not be very helpful to anyone but the seller initially, with information provided later by the buyer if needed.

GB1

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I bought a like new Marlin 356 on Gunbroker. It came USPS broken through the grip. It was insured and USPS bought it for the sale price without arguing. They paid the sender who, coincidentally, required a reminder from me to forward the money. Worked out OK but I’d rather have had the rifle. When I ship one, I always put it in a cheap hard case.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One time I bought a set of dies off of a gentleman on another site. A week later an empty box showed up after he poorly packaged it. He used the flat rate box but didn't add any extra tape. The box opened up and was not insured. I requested a refund and he publicly flamed me on the forum. All of his cronies backed him up and I felt like a total ass. That is my experience.

Live and die by the Browning...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Agree, all on seller.

I buy more than sell on here, but when I do sell something, I make sure I have a conversation with the buyer about insurance before it's shipped to make sure we're both on the same page.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Seller for sure. I sold two shotguns to a member and they “grew legs” and walked off in TN at a UPS hub. I refunded the buyer and am currently fighting tooth and nail for UPS to give me my insurance money. I couldn’t imagine having the buyer deal with this much aggravation for something they’ve never seen in person.

IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1234, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 73 invisible), 2,235 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,785
Posts18,495,990
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.