T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by norm99
change companys and go to their busness on the net and hit them hard with negitive comments

I think I will do that.

Do you own your tank?

No, rent from them.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'd be straight up somebody's ass.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Absolutely amazing.

Mathew 22: 37-39

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Put in electric and forget about those asshats !

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Speaking of propane ...Does anyone have a 120 gallon tank they want to sell?
I’m willing to pick up and pay cash. Thanks

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
You can't find the leak yourself?

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I just got off the phone with them, and they stonewalled me over and over again on that bill for supposedly repairing the leak, which didn't get repaired. They insisted I owe them that $286.00. Eventually, I said I'd pay for parts used in the failed repair effort, but no more. They wouldn't go for that, but finally offered to lower the bill by $100.00, down to $186.00, which I agreed to. Not sure I should have, since I'm paying for a failed repair effort. Anyway, just to get this resolved, I paid that reduced amount. Money out the window. Thoroughly disgusted.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
And your stove still doesn’t work? Go to the hardware store and get yourself a bottle of leak checker. Find the leak yourself and tighten it up. Then call them and tell them to come get your tank as you’ll be getting a new provider. Unless you just want to sink a bunch more money into going electric.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Should have use a charge card and put a stop payment on the work....they would have been out to fix it properly when they were not going to get payed......

I know and have done it before.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The critical question is: did they do a pressure test on your line before and after the attempted repair?

If they did neither, they should be dumped like last week’s fish. I have no idea of regulatory requirements, but anyone that doesn’t do a pressure test after a repair should be run out of the business.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Amerigas?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
An elderly couple not far from me lit their propane furnace and there was a leak. It exploded almost killing them. This was inside the house and away from the tank. By the time the court got done with the propane company and the furnace manufacturer this couple put a shade under 1 MILLION dollars in their pockets. I'd make it real clear about taking legal action against them.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I just got off the phone with them, and they stonewalled me over and over again on that bill for supposedly repairing the leak, which didn't get repaired. They insisted I owe them that $286.00. Eventually, I said I'd pay for parts used in the failed repair effort, but no more. They wouldn't go for that, but finally offered to lower the bill by $100.00, down to $186.00, which I agreed to. Not sure I should have, since I'm paying for a failed repair effort. Anyway, just to get this resolved, I paid that reduced amount. Money out the window. Thoroughly disgusted.

More money than brains or just a Pussy. People like you let others fight their battles.

Life is good live it while you can.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Dutch
The critical question is: did they do a pressure test on your line before and after the attempted repair?

If they did neither, they should be dumped like last week’s fish. I have no idea of regulatory requirements, but anyone that doesn’t do a pressure test after a repair should be run out of the business.

This.

We have a small propane fireplace. The gas co guy came out and ran the lines under the house and made the connection in the fireplace. He then capped the line coming out of the house and pressurized it with air/inert gas, whatever. He came back a week later to ensure the line had not leaked down.

Then he hooked us up to the gas supply.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Man you should have told them NO.Why get suckered into paying for something that was not fixed.If everything you say is true no way could they win this fight.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"about ten years ago, they were bought out by a large conglomerate and polices changed dramatically"

Now they have to worry about keeping their expenses down so they'll make a bigger profit and keep their stock price going up.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Mix up some dishwashing liquid and water in a spray bottle. And spray all of the connections and pipe you can get to. The leak will be apparent. The soap will bubble up at any leaks even very small ones. It works as good as Snoop that they use.
Also they could have put too much odorant in that tank of propane so that it stinks even when it burns.
If you still think you have a leak. Disconnect your feed line from the tank regulator.
Cap all your appliance connections but one. Or close the valves. Connect a regulated air supply 20 or 30 psi and purge the line out. Tee in a gauge and valve. Cap line at the.tank and air the whole system up to 30 pounds and lock the pressure in. The gauge will tell you if you have a leak.
This is what I would do if it was me. But I was an instrument technician on oil and gas facilities.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think in your place, I would be all over those connections with soapy water and someone with a good sniffer. When we had our new gas stove installed, the guy had a sniffing machine that would detect any small leak. I'd be pretty surprised if your gas company wouldn't have one like that. It could very well be a connection in the stove itself and maybe a service call to the stove repair place would be in order instead of the propane company. Actually a lot of the problem in our experience is your "North Florida" location. The work ethic down there is nearly nonexistent. We had the refrigerator fix it guy out five different times before he finally got our new one to quit freezing or not cooling food properly. Best guy we found for the washer was a retired appliance guy from New York who did side jobs.

The wife had a gas fireplace installed in her condo albeit poorly and called the fireplace company Friday afternoon to say that she smelled gas. She was told that they didn't work on the weekend, but wanted the address for the service call. She said that wouldn't be necessary because they could just follow the fire truck to the fire. The owner of the company redid the installation later that afternoon.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Amerigas?

They suck

They have bought up several small gas companies in our area. Whittling down competition.

I called them and they have call center females *try* to answer your questions. They stay on script and cannot reason anything out.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byron
Hawk, I'm retired from the propane industry, and I gotta tell ya, I'd be pissed off enough to eat nails. You didn't mention your provider, but....

1 When you called and reported a rotten egg smell and they did not IMMEDIATELY send out a tech to investigate, they in essence told you they do not give a rats ass about you or your property. (Did they even have you turn off your tank?)

2 After their [bleep] response they did a [bleep] job! The odor should have dissipated rather quickly. (Did you open any windows)

3 After all that NO he should not have been willing to bill you again for something he should have fixed the 1st time.

Fiddled around? What did he use to find the leak? A CGI? Leak check solution? A pressure gauge? All three? What did he tell you was the source of the leak?

Go to their office and stand on someones eyelids, then, if there is another provider available, change companies. Your present one is not worth a crap.

Best answer.

Most propane comapnies will but allow you to turn the propane on to your home after a leak like that until it has passed a pressure test.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,336
Posts18,487,642
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.