Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Jason_Brown
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by ironbender
Anyone who says they are unable to hunt because they did not draw, does not understand.

If I’m unable to hunt, it’s due to work, not from lack of a drew tag. With that being said, I’m considering a career change to be able to make moose season.

Hudge, what line of work are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm in the same boat as you, and I am looking to go into another career. I'm a teacher and I am fed up with my job getting in the way of my hunting.

You planning to become valley trash? 😁

Nothing wrong with being Valley Trash! I enjoy it a lot more than when we lived in Anchorage. I also try to avoid Wal-Mart, but being from Arkansas originally it’s kind of hard. 🤪

Ha ha!
Didn’t say anything wrong with it! Just channeling Ben Stevens. 😉

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Its benefited the State of AK a lot more than me 30 plus years at an average of $250 a year. Would like to hunt specific areas for specific game before I'm 90 YO in favor of a point system my $8K whine.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Draws put money in the states pocket that hopefully benefits our critters. My wife and me have been putting in for bison hunts forever and no luck. We also put in for moose and caribou permits and have spotty success with that. Were cruising by 70 now so we rely more on the ATV's then we used to. I drew a permit for any bull on the Kenai Moose Range Refuge and their is no ATV access, but I can ATV up to the Refuge border and hike from there and hope to find a moose close to the border.

I am also going to talk two grandsons into coming down so they can hunt with me and Grama and help pack the moose. This will probably be the last year I put in for a moose or caribou permit in and area with no ATV access. Darned old age. There are moose in that area and a any bull tag makes hunting easier. The first mid sized bull I see will suit us just fine. Since I will have 25 days to hunt I am going to use my peep sighted Model 71 Winchester in.348 Ackley Improved, should be a hoot!

As for some not hunting with out a permit, ya got me. My wife and me been hunting together for 45 years and as long as we can move we will keep doing it, those blueberry sourdough pancakes just taste better out there.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I believe the monies go into the State’s general fund. Not possible to assign those dollars to a specific program, in spite of what alcohol tax proponents may say.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

271 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 22 invisible), 1,766 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,389
Posts18,469,819
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.