-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Garden of the Gods (Springs) or Red Rocks (Denver) are cool places.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
No Casa Bonita....seriously...just don't.

Downtown Littleton has better local restaurants. Breckenridge Brewery is an option. https://www.breckbrew.com/

Masterpiece Cakeshop is in Lakewood. He won his case in the United States Supreme Court. http://masterpiececakes.com/

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd go spend some time at Breckenridge Brewery. One of their reps was at the Anchorage Beer Festival several years ago. Wow, best damn stout I've ever tasted.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Dietz
Specialty Sports in Colorado Springs is the biggest gun store in the state and the biggest I've ever been in. Cowboy Hall of fame is fun. If you
like Mexican food Senior Manuels is excellent and only about a mile from Cowboy Hall of fame.

I second the vote for Specialty Sports, and Cheyenne Mtn Zoo is always good.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Pretty sure The springs and Denver are waaaaaaaay different from the 84 86 time frame I was at Carson.

Meadow Muffins Bar and the hermit crab race course.

The Pot Shops might be interesting.

LOL!!!

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The Broker. Downtown Denver or the Fort in Morrsion for eats

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Broker has been closed for a few years....

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Thanks for all of the replies. My oldest daughter and I had a great trip. We started off a bit behind as our flight into Denver was delayed and we could not pick up our rental car because the car rental was closed. We spent the night in Denver. We ate brunch at the Stowaway Kitchen in Denver which was excellent. We went to Corvus coffee. We the went to the Garden of the Gods for the rest of the day. For dinner we went to Coati in Colorado Springs. Monday we ate at the Denver Biscuit Company in Colorado Springs and then went for a drive around the area. Wilkerson Pass was closed for the season but just past the visitor center there was a pull off area with a breathe taking view. Later in the day we took in a couple more coffee shops, gun shops and ate dinner at the Odyssey Gastropub.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Glad you had a good time , not much I could have added but I was around there back in November. My son lives in Fountain which is 15 minutes south of the Springs . Interesting that we all went to Coati for dinner and Denver Biscuit for breakfast. My son is a logger/lumberjack and warned me they were hipster like places but the girls wanted to go...
I saw a bunch of mules on the east side of 25 and thought of Saddlesore.
We did hike up a mountain west of Buena Vista and had a wedding ceremony for my son and new daughter in law and it was beautiful.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Those mules were the Al KalyMule train.It is group of guys that ride in parades,do exhibitions etc, and money goes to hospitals for children.

Years ago, when I was raising mules I sold them a few. All had to be black and between about 15 hands.
If you past thru Monumen t,north of Colorado Springs,I live about 12 miles east of there

Last edited by saddlesore; 03/10/21.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (007FJ, 219DW, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 63 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,677
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.