Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Have had a Samsung 5 years now, nothing but problems.
Go General Electric if you want reliability.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Bought an LG Model LSC27950ST Side by Side in 2007 from Home Depot. 14 years and still working. Has ice and water dispenser in the freezer door. Every once in a while have to clear a jam in the ice dispenser but it still works. I do clean off any dust buildup on the backside around the compressor.

Don't know if I'd replace it with another LG today though. Like someone said above, I'm not sure one can expect this kind of life from any of them made today so would probably opt for a domestic brand like Whirlpool for parts availability and hope for the best.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
Originally Posted by Mossy
Samsung appliances are junk. I’m a department manager at Lowe’s. Appliances is one of my departments. You get 5 years out of a Samsung consider yourself lucky.

It blows my mind to have people come in and replace a dead 3 year old Samsung with another Samsung.

Who’s making quality product, midrange and up?

I like whirlpool,Maytag and kitchen aide. All the same company. Just different levels of fancy

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I also like LG but getting service if needed is usually a headache

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hands down the biggest piece of schitt I've ever owned. We bought it in and just replaced it with an LG. Everyone I have talked to with a Samsung with ice and water in the door have the same problem with it freezing up. Finally the last repair guy that was out told us they are all that way and that he had just replaced his. Just search Samsung ice maker freezing on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
like whirlpool,Maytag and kitchen aide. All the same company.
Whirlpool also makes Amana appliances.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Not on topic, but I have a Samsung HE washer about 7 years old no issues. It replaced a Whirlpool HE washer that SCHIDT the center bearing after 5 years. Seems no one makes any appliance like they used to be. NO more it works for 20 years, lucky to get 7 years nowadays.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Samsung appliances are junk. I’m a department manager at Lowe’s. Appliances is one of my departments. You get 5 years out of a Samsung consider yourself lucky.

It blows my mind to have people come in and replace a dead 3 year old Samsung with another Samsung.

My folks back home had first hand experience with Samsung/lowes fridge class action ......ice maker was useless......ditched Samsung for Kenmore.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Before Sears went under I had a commercial account with Kenmore appliances. Never had an issue.
We started with whirlpool and pretty much the same, no issues from the lower end up through the Gold series.
Stay away from Frigidaire,LG and Samsung. I Built a very high end home on the golf course 5ish years ago. My customers picked up a package of Samsung appliances on a Memorial Day sale and had nothing but issues with the refrigerator and dishwasher.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Have a Samsung, definitely do not recommend it. Our friends bought a top of the line LG, it was a disaster. They spent 3 months living out of a mini fridge while fighting LG for warranty repairs. Finally got a replacement.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We have one that ended up as a "buy back" from the service company we contracted through for warranty.
The thing was a total POS from almost immediately. We used it for 18 months while they continually repaired it then they refunded the purchase price.
Good phones , crap appliances.

.... like tears in the rain
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We bought a bottom freezer Samsung fridge w/ ice maker in 2007. Never a moments trouble right up to when we sold the house in 2018. However, some of the digital temp numbers weren’t easy to read at that point. We never changed settings though so of no concern.

I wouldn’t buy a whirlpool washer with someone else’s money. Talk about a headache and money pit. I wouldn’t touch a Kenmore washer either. They used to be something worth talking about.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
Both of my daughters have Samsung fridges, and are pleased with them. On the other hand a repairman told us recently that, while Samsung does make a good product, replacement parts have become very hard to come by.

Just like many things... sometimes there is a lower grade and a higher grade by the same manufacturer.

Samsung has carried an excellent reputation for many years, but like your repairmen says maybe there are problems starting to pop up quite frequently.

We needed a new refrigerator two years ago and ran into a appliance lady at the local Home Depot that was super knowledgeable. Not the average sales chick just making a paycheck... but somebody that really understood the products they sold.

She knew a tremendous amount about the industry. Which units were returned during warranty and which ones were drama queens.

I might suggest that you vett out a couple of different sales people at a couple of different stores. Ask lots of probing questions and look for lies. Walk away even on tiny lies.

The lady we met at Home Depot was not on commission. Her advice was sound.

Last edited by CashisKing; 03/06/21.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
No on Samsung or LG.

Only trouble is that Whirlpool owns everything else....and parts are scarce for all of them.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
My appliance guy would tell you to keep your old stuff.....at all costs.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had one ,pure junk! Went with LG, very pleased.

“Alive in JESUS!”
NRA LIFE MEMBER

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
they are all junk ....buy what you like and get a extended service plan on what ever you buy

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I actually would not get an extended plan.

They have been obsoleteing parts before the plan is over.

Yes....its covered....but the part does not exist.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Need a new refrigerator. Wife wants water and ice dispenser in the door. I want dead-nuts reliability.

I'm seeing Samsung in stores all over town.

Would it be in your top-3 list if you were buying now?
We've had one now for about six years.. Love it - EXCEPT - that damned icemaker.. Do your family a favor and refuse to have a fridge with that feature.. One - they take up a lot of room inside.. Two, they work - sometimes, sometimes not and the Samsungs are really, really touchy.. Three - it WILL leak; they all do.. It's just a matter of time.. I've disabled ours now for over three years. We either make ice in the old trays or buy bags at Kwik Trip nearby..

We have the upper, French door style with lower freezer.. The freezer has good room and easy access. Besides, on this model the temp can be individually set between the top or the bottom areas..
It's very, very quiet - can't even hear it run..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I actually would not get an extended plan.

They have been obsoleteing parts before the plan is over.

Yes....its covered....but the part does not exist.

Think that's not planned.
Sell the consumer the extended warranty, then discontinue the parts, extended warranty useless.

I have a 25 yo White Westinghouse, no ice maker or water dispenser, just a basic model. Still running strong.
If I ever have to replace it, it will be just a basic model again as I don't expect anything I buy in the future will last as long.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, Amos63, 16 invisible), 1,572 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,941
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.