Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 24 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Violator22
Crap Kute, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Actually Kute, that little effort more than likely got you onto another two government lists(person of special interest).

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Frankly, I think that the �uthorities DELIBERATELY encourage these wars as they help to create a social climate where fear over-rules freedom and we serfs are easier to control...they STILL are screwing around with the Air India bombing at 100s megabucks to Canadian taxpayers and they KNOW who did it......

Violater22, well, would you want me to AGREE with the gunbanners and nation wreckers??????? smile smile smile give �m hell, sez I!!!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I hope never to find myself in a situation where I am unable to defend or protect me or my loved ones in moments of potential tragedy, or terror for that matter. Politics, beliefs, countries and their respective laws all be damned when that type moment is a reality staring straight into your eyes!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Isaac, I do not believe you will get any argument about that here.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yes, I may well BE on "lists", exactly what five of my closest male relatives volunteered to fight in WWII, ain't that just great!?

FREEDOM is fragile, but, it is too precious to entrust to governments, ANY of them!

The SS just have different uniforms now as do the KGB types here, they are exactly the same goons.........

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kutenay
Yes, I may well BE on "lists", exactly what five of my closest male relatives volunteered to fight in WWII, ain't that just great!?

FREEDOM is fragile, but, it is too precious to entrust to governments, ANY of them!

Somewhere there is a Government employee getting ready to peruse these posts, his pen is out and he is taking names(what is the bet he is working for the American Government), the irony is I shall appear as a moderate.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
't seems that belgians are not the only ones who encounter big problems with severe gun controls laws for the moment. freedom should means the right to choose between good and evil ways. modern bureaucratic laws allow no choice anymore, except for true criminals.

Va t'in tch�re !
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Welcome home brother, you are going to fit in well around here, we are all a bunch of argumentative misfits(it is what makes us interesting).
I for one am learning an awful lot from my participation on this forum, so much so that I truly look forward to debating with the other forum members, you will find that these characters are some of the most interesting people that you are ever likely to meet, brash, opinionated, pig-headed and obstinate.....just my type of people.
James.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great !

what means "pig-headed" ????

Va t'in tch�re !
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kute, all you gotta do is look at my signature and that about says it all for me. grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by grand_veneur
Great !

Welcome!

Pig headed means "stubborn".

What does "veneur" mean?

The conventional way to ask your question is: What does ____mean?

Your English is really quite good.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
============================================================

The best way I can describe it for you new friend is to do a search on "pit bulls" and "dog-poisoning". Oh yeah,...and "Dress for Success"!!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by isaac
============================================================

The best way I can describe it for you new friend is to do a search on "pit bulls" and "dog-poisoning". Oh yeah,...and "Dress for Success"!!!

Whoa, Christ Isaac...you don't want to scare him away.
Besides he will give us a European perspective, and I for one would like to hear about their problems without the usual media bull-sh_t.
James.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by grand_veneur
Great !

American! grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey I resemble that remark!

I expect someday soon the participation of these little harmless intenet forums will be limited.

The only thing worse for government control than an armed citizenry is an informed citizenry.

With the internet knowing no borders and the free exchange of information and ideas around here, there has to be a bureaucrat somewhere thinking "this must be stopped!"

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Right ... thanks for the explanations

I'm glad nobody here could be mixed up with a wild boar during a hunt grin

As I already explained to JStuart by PM about the term �veneur� �

Well it's quite difficult to find an english word, so i think a good picture would give you a better answer than a hundred wrong words ...

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Chasse_a_courre.jpg

the "Veneurs" are the riders who lead the dog pack in traditional mounted hunt (called "v�nerie" or "chasse � courre" in french).

Note that it is not exactly a (mounted) fox hunt. French-type "v�nerie" is dedicated to various games like deer, wild boar, roe deer or even hare but i've never tried it or seen it. However, the particular "v�nerie" music (hunting horns) is still often performed to honour the animals killed during driven hunts.

I filmed those during a BBQ last Saturday:

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=2889242755824880704&hl=fr

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=6419655304439096613&hl=fr

However my display name is not linked to that way of hunting (I respect that tradition, forbidden in Belgium, but it's not my kind of hunt).

"Grand Veneur" is the name of a well known sauce in the french cooking (Mostly used when cooking hare, deer or roe deer). As i Really enjoy both cooking and hunting i like that name.

So ... Ta�aut ta�aut ta�aut ...

Va t'in tch�re !
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I would bet London to a brick that they are already watching us, lets face it, they are too insecure not to.
James.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
Hey I resemble that remark!

Don't we all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JStuart, do you know any of the facts on this story, do you understand why he was charged? Is there a law that declares one must enter a home before being shot at? I'm interested what "firearm offenses he committed.

A Melbourne man has been charged after he allegedly fired a shot through the front door of his Geelong East home to scare off burglars.

A number of people broke into the man's home and cut the power.

The 43-year-old man was inside with a woman and a young girl.

He armed himself with a rifle and allegedly fired one shot through the front door towards the attempted burglars who fled the scene..

Police said the man, 43, fired one shot from a rifle through the front door of the home in McNeil Avenue, Geelong East, about 10pm last night.

The would-be intruders had thrown rocks through the front window and cut the home's power supply before trying to jemmy open the front door.

They fled after the man, who was inside with a woman and young girl, opened fire.

Police recovered the rifle and charged the man with conduct endangering life and firearm offences.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't believe I just read this entire thread. shocked
About all I can say, is that we have allowed JSTUART to set the pace, call the shots, and lay out the rules of engagement. I personally find him a bore, and a boor.
I don't give a rat's butt about how, or why, they do it the way they do it in the colonies. Their culture is what is is. The reasons are theirs, not ours. By the same token, what we do here in America is our business, not theirs. Why we are the way we are is not their concern.

Sam......

Page 21 of 24 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 10 invisible), 1,735 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,897
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.