Hop To
Page 20 of 40 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 39 40
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
The Golden Rule?

One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him. - Socrates, dialogue with Crito.

Well, this is quite different from the Golden Rule.

You fail in reading comprehension.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
All the central and south American hordes are Catholic.

So you guys got that going for you.....which is nice.

Jim there was a time when there was a distinct difference between the Catholic Church and the Protestant. That distinction is being wiped away as time passes us by. Charles Spurgeon was a famous Baptist minister years ago and he had very harsh words for the "church of Rome" as he called it. I'm not bad mouthing Catholics but could never accept their doctrine as a church. He also called it the "great whore".

Jim,

Here's another thought for you.
Haiti is 96% Christian.

How's that working out for them?

I doubt that figure is any way accurate. In fact we have missionaries there that will say otherwise. The place has wreaked with evil for years and that was before any Protestant churches tried to help them. But lets just throw this out there if you think that. Would it help them to make it illegal for the 10 Commandments to be posted publicly? Should prayer be outlawed? If they accept the platform of the democrat party will that help them? By the way Catholics are now calling themselves Christians. This is a new trend.

Catholics calling themselves Christians is a new thing? Tongue in cheek, I hope?

Catholics were the very definition of Christendom for 1600 years. Martin Luther was only born in 1483.

"Catholics calling themselves Christians is a new thing? Tongue in cheek, I hope?" ....

Well, yes and no.... I have met a few very fine Catholic people, I would not characterize them as "not Christian" but there is something to this..... I once was having a conversation with a Catholic who had been to church on the morning of Ash Wednesday.... he had a small mark of ash on his forehead... It was a casual conversation so I motioned to the ash mark on his head and asked "So, you are a Christian?" He responded by telling me "No. I'm a Catholic." I never did figure the guy out. Good, guy, proud of the Catholic church but I never once heard him utter that all important name "Jesus." He could have characterized me as one of those Protestant groups that are "anti-Catholic" and thus been reluctant to engage.

Seems to me that I run across more Catholics that will also identify as Christian than I had run into in the past. Good trend I think....

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I've been reading these books all my life and the only contradictions I have ever found were in people's lack of understanding....His Father is the just Judge,..

Book says father will not judge , but send the son
to judge.
. but you been reading the book your whole life...LoL.

OK, but how would you reconcile 1 Peter 1:17..... "And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear."

Or perhaps this verse....Psalm 50:6 "And the heavens shall declare His righteousness: for God is Judge Himself."

or....Hebrews 12:23... "To God the judge of all."

Please remember that a failure to understand is not the same as discovering a "inconsistency."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Absence of evidence where evidence should be found is evidence of absence.

The claim that God exists is a positive claim. So if God exists, evidence should be found. Unless God deliberately hides all evidence for His existence, we see no evidence of existence of God.

The world can be explained in naturalistic terms, star formation, evolution, etc, and all of our holy books contradict each other.

So, dbt... please explain the world in “naturalistic terms..... etc...”.

Another bold claim ..... let’s see, the burden of proof is on you....

Let’s hear what you have to say......

Have you heard of biology, evolution, astrophysics, physics, quantum mechanics, geology, paleontology, etc, etc...? There are plenty of textbooks, even material online.....go for it, educate yourself.

Sure I have heard of it... and study a portion of it... but you did not address how the world came into being and simply presented a general referral to "scientific information."

So, in naturalistic terms,. how would you explain the existence ... or the coming into being of the world?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
….
But, I’ll play a little..... how about proving to me that there is no Creator.... no “prime mover?”

I guess it's the fact that you have no proof that he/she/it exists (apart from what you and all the other cavemen minded people might want to believe) - so therefore is the more likely proposition.

The age-old “prove the negative” argument. Weak.

Not just weak. Illogical.

Smart people don't tell others to prove a negative in a debate.

There's probably a reason why.....

😂

This is getting better and better.... ok, goalie....to avoid “weakness” .... let me rephrase....is there any evidence that a creator exists?

Care to play?

Gotta go... Might have a long day tomorrow.... g’night

You are the one claiming a creator exists. It's you that has the burden of proof. Asking goalie to make your argument for you is even weaker then Old Toots lame attempts as shifting the burden of proof.

No, not shifting , but just pointing out that many who post that there is no God nor evidence of God are simply giving their own personal opinions and those opinions don't seem to be backed up by anything other than their opinions.

You keep retreating to this idea of "burden of proof" like it some excuse not to engage.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I've been reading these books all my life and the only contradictions I have ever found were in people's lack of understanding....His Father is the just Judge,..

to judge.

OK, but how would you reconcile 1 Peter 1:17..... "And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear."

Or perhaps this verse....Psalm 50:6 "And the heavens shall declare His righteousness: for God is Judge Himself."

Please remember that a failure to understand is not the same as discovering a "inconsistency."

If you think there are no contradictions, inconsistencies or differences in The Bible, you are either greatly ignorant of the text, or delusional. Watch the video I posted above on the subject, and get back to us.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx
If, in fact, life started from an explosion, that was a miracle, which, in itself, defies your precious refuge of logic.

The Big Bang was neither big, no a bang, nor an explosion.

How else would you like to demonstrate your ignorance in your current drunken state this morning?

Very good.... a definite statement on the “Big Bang” on your part.

So, how would you explain how the universe came into existence?

Oh, but wait....are you going to dismiss the issue of the origins of the universe issue with more bafflegab?

Big Bang cosmology is the current best understanding we have of the local presentation of the observable universe back to the plank time.

Beyond that, we don't know. There are multiple competing scientific hypothesis attempting to move beyond the plank time, but one thing they all have in common is no need for a supernatural being as part of the hypothesis, just like Laplace.

OK, so "Big Bang cosmology" is the current best understanding....

That does not address how we got "everything from nothing." You refer to .. what did you call it....the Space/time continuum? Just how did that "get here?" A result of some "cosmological" process that we don't have a clue about?

How can Space...;. Time .... and Matter to "spring" into existence.... did it arise some how from "within itself" which is kinda similar to Larry's these.... but how can "everything" come from "nothing"?

The most logical explanation is the GOD... an agent from the outside... said.. "In the beginning (time created) .... created the the heavens (space) and the earth (matter)

Anyway, hate to to a hit and run but I had a busy day yesterday and it is spilling over into today.... gotta go

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Haven’t followed this, forgive me if I’m off in a tangent. Kids in my day learned “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” Took it to heart. So when Dinks began tossing stuff at me I returned the favor. With zeal. Did I do that right?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll think any discussion on religion is good if it makes us think.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
If, in fact, life started from an explosion, that was a miracle, which, in itself, defies your precious refuge of logic.

The Big Bang was neither big, no a bang, nor an explosion.

How else would you like to demonstrate your ignorance in your current drunken state this morning?

Very good.... a definite statement on the “Big Bang” on your part.

So, how would you explain how the universe came into existence?

Oh, but wait....are you going to dismiss the issue of the origins of the universe issue with more bafflegab?

Big Bang cosmology is the current best understanding we have of the local presentation of the observable universe back to the plank time.

Beyond that, we don't know. There are multiple competing scientific hypothesis attempting to move beyond the plank time, but one thing they all have in common is no need for a supernatural being as part of the hypothesis, just like Laplace.

OK, so "Big Bang cosmology" is the current best understanding....

That does not address how we got "everything from nothing." You refer to .. what did you call it....the Space/time continuum? Just how did that "get here?" A result of some "cosmological" process that we don't have a clue about?

How can Space...;. Time .... and Matter to "spring" into existence.... did it arise some how from "within itself" which is kinda similar to Larry's these.... but how can "everything" come from "nothing"?

The most logical explanation is the GOD... an agent from the outside... said.. "In the beginning (time created) .... created the the heavens (space) and the earth (matter)

Anyway, hate to to a hit and run but I had a busy day yesterday and it is spilling over into today.... gotta go

So you are back to your "God of the Gaps" argument?

Let's put your "logic" into the form of a syllogism.

We don't know what happened before the plank-time,
therefore MAGIC!.
My preferred magical being is the Christian God, Therefore,
The Christian God created the Universe, space time and everything!

News flash.

I don't accept your second premise. You have not provided sufficient evidence.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Haven’t followed this, forgive me if I’m off in a tangent. Kids in my day learned “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” Took it to heart. So when Dinks began tossing stuff at me I returned the favor. With zeal. Did I do that right?

You did what your country asked, and came back in one piece. Close enough for me.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Your question is valid. It is also equivalent to asking "From where hath God sprung?"

Saying that God created the known universe still leaves the "Question of Origin". But the vast majority of Christians are trained to ignore that question. They blindly answer "God is eternal".

By that same token, might not the universe be eternal, but cyclic?

So many questions, so many answers yet to be discovered.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

to judge.

If you think there are no contradictions, inconsistencies or differences in The Bible, you are either greatly ignorant of the text, or delusional. Watch the video I posted above on the subject, and get back to us.

There you go again.... is this another strawman stunt from you?

Read what I said..... I did not say what you implied. You are attempting to put words in my mouth.

Let me repeat it..... “.... a failure to understand is not the same as discovering an inconsistency.”

Think of how many times DBT, SM and others think they have found some terribly important and impactful inconsistency and be shown that is just sloppy and biased biblical interpretation on their part.

Anyway.... back to work.....

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
>>>>

No,
There's a lot of difference between Slappy and Antlers.
Not all Christianities are equal...

They both believe an extraordinary tall tale
of a Jesus rising from the dead, which makes
them equally enough absurd.

What is funny is the foolish hypocrisy that even the average child can see until some liberal atheist professor drives it out of him.

Jesus was seen by so many witnesses that even Roman law acknowledged His death. This was the most highly documented event in ancient history that stood up to thousands of critics more intelligent than you
Upon His resurrection, well over 500 witnesses could be questioned and interviewed about the actual living Jesus with the spike holes remaining in His hands.

"And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time."

I Corinthians 15:4-8

YOU BELIEVE that ALL life arose from an inanimate rock!!

You think we Christians are absurd? LOL! 😄.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 03/11/21.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
>>>>

No,

What is funny is the foolish hypocrisy that even the average child can see until some liberal atheist professor drives it out of him.

Jesus was seen by so many witnesses that even Roman law acknowledged His death. This was the most highly documented event in ancient history that stood up to thousands of critics more intelligent than you
Upon His resurrection, well over 500 witnesses could be questioned and interviewed about the actual living Jesus with the spike holes remaining in His hands.

"And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

500 eye witnesses?

Great. What are their names, and show us they written first hand accounts.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
All those Christian sinners never seem to do
anything wrong ..its the imposters that are
doing it and giving them all a bad name ...LoL.

More like human nature since Cain slew able....

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Yes, yes you did.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You do realize that John was written by an anonymous source about a century after the alleged events, right?

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
>>>>

No,

David Copperfield pulls off some pretty amazing illusions, and he does it in front of cameras, not a bunch of ignorant bronze age peasant shepards. Nor does Copperfield have the support of a chunk of the Priesrhood to assist in his illusions.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 20 of 40 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,393
Posts18,488,781
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.