Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
fshaw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Does any manufacturer produce a rifle scope that can compete with the Leupold VX-3HD 3.5-10X40 for light weight, and optical clarity at a similar or lower price? I don't need/want ballistics adjustable turrets for long range, etc. Just simple, reliable, set and forget and great hunting level optical quality. If you're a Leupold hater please skip this.

Thanks.

Frank

Last edited by fshaw; 03/12/21.
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Burris FF2.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
That's probably a solid choice for a set and forget scope. I've also had a couple Burris Fullfield II scopes that that have given me zero issues after extended use. My 3-9 probably has well over 1000 shots on very light weight 338 Federals and a 338-06. I've never intentionally tested it to see what might make it lose zero, but in normal use its been reliable.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Third the burris. Best scope for the money hands down and mechanically more reliable than the leupold in my experience

GOD Bless America
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I paid $650 for a Trijicon Accupoint 3-9, but the battery-powered 1” Credo 3-9 is about $575 on Amazon. I’m very impressed with the quality and packaging of both the Trijicons I bought. There may be similar unlit models for less; haven’t looked.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How about the Hawke Vantage 3-9x40 AO MIL DOT #14123? We have these on sale for only $99.99

11 layer fully multi-coated optics for excellent clarity
Adjustable objective for parallax correction (AO models)
1 inch mono-tube chassis for superior strength
¼ MOA low profile ‘no-snag’ fingertip turrets
Fast focus eyebell and high torque zoom ring
Threaded objective/ocular for optional accessories
Waterproof, Shockproof, Nitrogen purged.
All calibre rated.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
To blatantly eschew the very fhuqking things a riflescope SHOULD do,is an odd shopping requirement. 'Scopes steer boolits and are not observation devices,if only obviously. Given that simplistic fact,mechanics matter just a bit more than a "smidge". Hint.

Conjoining schit mechanics,with a schit reticle and SFP,along with the erector and reticle speaking different languages,assuredly do not bolster "merit". It's never been difficult to tell who shoots things,other than their mouths and Imagination. Burris is a fhuqking joke,few things are funnier than Reupold,Hawke is HILARIOUS. Trijicon has lost their way and easily outpaced on all avenues. Hint.

It is rather easy to connect dots by litera default,though I admittedly enjoy the excuses and how "REAL" Imagination and Pretend are to Window Lickers. Hint.

Just sayin'.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Burris Fullfield E1 at $150 isn't a Leupold, Vortex or Chink-ass Hawke...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Long time no see. They finally run out of trees?

What fresh Hell is this?
F
fshaw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Big Stick,

What scope do you typically put on a short to medium range hunting rifle? I edited my post after reading your reply. I meant ballistic compensation turrets, not necessary where I hunt.

Thanks.

Frank

Last edited by fshaw; 03/12/21.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I shoot mechanically sound glass on everything and have a marked Base Ten preference,as it is intuitive like NO other. Everything from Feinwerkbau 300S,the best Rimfires on the fhuqking Planet,to ALL things Centerfire. Mainly,because NOTHING matters more than mechanics and without the sanctity of same,you literally have fhuqking NOTHING. Hint.

BDC's are a joke and CDS the pinnacle of fhuqking Hilarity. All the scopes cited thus far,do in fact have turrets and it routinely humors me,that some are quick to find that constant a dirty word. Rather then make asinine excuses for why things won't/can't work,it is prudent to simply procure those that will,if only by literal design. When mechanically sound erectors jive with etched reticles,mechanical fortitude is the default. Couple same with a lick of sense and all of these schit scopes you are trying to talk about,would simply die on the vine,because they are simply Dog Schit mechanically. folks will happily sell you that schit,but it ain't very fhuqking fair to the Consumer. Hint.

It is no thang to arrange rugged reliability on an optical device that steers boolits and one would have to be amongst THE Dumbest Of Fhuqks not to. Mechanics matter. Hint.

1000 Words.

1000 more.

Beings you are going to be looking through the fhuqking thing anyhow,you may as well have mechanics more than a touch in your favor,while fielding a reticle that will alone and by itself do more than every piece of fhuqking schit thus far cited,bolted together in unison. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

If only again,mechanics matter more than everything else and it never ceases to amaze me,how many are unable to connect a single dot.

Hint....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Oh Phuq. Another Big Stick diatribe on why every rifle needs a Super Sniper stuck on the top of it.

There are guys on this board who hunt heavy timber, and couldn’t find a place to take a plus-300 yard shot if you paid them a million dollars.

Telling everyone they need a “turret twister” is as stupid as telling a 19 year-old coed she needs an F350 to get back and forth to class, just because YOU think everyone ought to be able to drag a fifth wheel around.

There is a place for “set and forget” scopes, just like there’s a place for fixed sights on handguns.

Go stick your phuquing rifle (and your fat phuquing head) in the river, and let some folks talk about some schidt that transcends your “look at my spray painted gun collection” diatribes...

Mother phuqqer would put pin sights and tape on a Black Widow recurve....

EdM gave the correct answer. Put an FFII on it, sight it in, and kill schidt for the next 20 years....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Steer boolits... what a fuuckin dummy. Oh hi LarryO!! How was the last “hitch”??? Haha 😂😂😂

Btw.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]taking a screen shot

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
fhuqkburger,

Your CLUELESSNESS,is fhuqking hilarious...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You be SURE,to make the Excuses requisite,to satiate your Do Nothing Dumbfhuqktitude. I rather enjoy that your Crying Karen routine is assuredly no fhuqking "Act" and that you are doing the best you can,with your Hurt Feelers and incredibly WELL founded rampant Insecurities. I enjoy that you "think" your Stupidity is an "Excuse",rather than the Plight it is. Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will always be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

It will only come as a "surprise" to someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,that mechanics matter and boolit steering device that won't,track or repeat,sure as fhuqk will NOTt hold zero either. Mainly because they can't. Hint. Laughing!

Bitchin' Hissy Fit,you Magnificent Whining CLUELESS Kchunt. Perhaps make a sign?

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Big Stick
fhuqkburger,

Your CLUELESSNESS,is fhuqking hilarious...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You be SURE,to make the Excuses requisite,to satiate your Do Nothing Dumbfhuqktitude. I rather enjoy that your Crying Karen routine is assuredly no fhuqking "Act" and that you are doing the best you can,with your Hurt Feelers and incredibly WELL founded rampant Insecurities. I enjoy that you "think" your Stupidity is an "Excuse",rather than the Plight it is. Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will always be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

It will only come as a "surprise" to someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,that mechanics matter and boolit steering device that won't,track or repeat,sure as fhuqk will NOTt hold zero either. Mainly because they can't. Hint. Laughing!

Bitchin' Hissy Fit,you Magnificent Whining CLUELESS Kchunt. Perhaps make a sign?

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Trollin, trollin, trollin.....

You are predictable as PHUQ!!!
Hint.... too phuqqing easy....

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by fshaw
Does any manufacturer that can compete wit the Leupold VX-3HD 3.5-10X40 for light weight, and optical clarity at a similar or lower price? I don't need/want ballistics adjustable turrets for long range, etc. Just simple, reliable, set and forget and great hunting level optical quality. If you're a Leupold hater please skip this.

Thanks.

Frank

The entry level GPO Passion 3-9x42 is a "simple, reliable, set and forget" scope with "great hunting level optical quality." Doug at Cameraland recommended it when I presented him with the same criteria. It now rests on one of my nephew's daughter's deer rifle.

GrimJim

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
fhuqkburger,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to Google a "contribution"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,as you "get" to read about it and gawk the Splendid Pixels,while you "shoot" your mouth and Imagination. Hint. LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your heart for doing your best though!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Jeezus Fhuqk,SERIOUS Humor Points awarded for the GPO SFP BDC Goat Fhuqk and folks dumb enough to "believe" that schit!!!

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Wow +P++!................

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Big Stick
fhuqkburger,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to Google a "contribution"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,as you "get" to read about it and gawk the Splendid Pixels,while you "shoot" your mouth and Imagination. Hint. LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your heart for doing your best though!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Jeezus Fhuqk,SERIOUS Humor Points awarded for the GPO SFP BDC Goat Fhuqk and folks dumb enough to "believe" that schit!!!

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Wow +P++!................

Put the rifle in the river, put the rifle in the river!!!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
hows your son doing Larry....hugged him lately?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Back on Topic. The Leupold you mentioned is a great scope for your described needs. Just get one and go shoot.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,937
Posts18,498,817
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.