Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Biggest scam on earth....just like buying prescription glasses! Hearing aids help increase the sound by increasing the volume but they damn sure can't help you tell the difference betwixt Z C T D...etc! All that [bleep] sounds the same! My wife will walk down the hallway away from the den talking and [bleep].....she may as well be talking Farsi!! It's all a big scam to clean the wallets of all the old farts like me! Mine came from VA....latest out but still have the same problems as far as not being able to help the user differentiate betwixt the letter sounds!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I paid $6k a year ago.
I only wore it a couple of days.

Still can't hear the wife. She is a low talker.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've been wearing some from Costco for years. They're shot and need replacing. However, Costco doesn't take medicare Advantage so I have to go to a prescribed dealer. I have an appointment this week. It'll save 60% so we'll see how it goes.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have had them since I got out of the service (69) and have hated them ever since. As already pointed out, they can cause confusion, discomfort, and agitation, I am better off without them. My world is a quiet world and I kind of like it that way.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by elkmen1
I have had them since I got out of the service (69) and have hated them ever since. As already pointed out, they can cause confusion, discomfort, and agitation, I am better off without them. My world is a quiet world and I kind of like it that way.

So the VA is buying something you won’t wear?

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
For those that have hearing aids from the VA, get the blue tooth transmitter for your TV if you haven't got it. It's free and it's awesome. I was finally able to turn off captioning.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
STOP, first thing you should do is to go have your ears cleaned really well. some people think there ears are bad and they are just clogged up with wax.
if you still cant hear go to costco.

my ears produce enough was to clog up in a month or so. i have a cleaner that i bought so i dont have to pay to have mine cleaned. mine will stop up bad enough that i cant even tell my hearing aids are in. i actually bought a camera that i can see in my ear with,you wouldn't believe how much wax can build up in them. i have washed hunks of of mine that were 1/4 size many times sense i got my cleaner.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
HUH?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Where ever you go to purchase, get Aids that are not affected by wind and that will talk to your Smart Phone, Smart TV etc.

Have your Aids bluetoothed to your Smart schit. Putting a phone up to an ear can cause a lot of squealing and unwanted feedback.

If you need two, make sure they can talk to each other.

Bluetoothed aids will allow you to stream phone calls etc, they will also allow you to make tone, volume and other adjustment via your smart phone.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Wow, Bob, that is so funny, and so original. Did you think that up all by yourself?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

O
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
O
My neighbor is about your age and went to to the VA
and got tested. They told him they will furnish hearing aids
free. Don't know the quality but the price is right.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Speaking of free, I've been thinking of trying out my late mom's 6K pair or deceased Aunt June's pair that are in a box in the basement. How much different can they be? Sure maybe some nuances in the fit or frequency, but something might beat nothing. Do morticians normally bury hearing aids?

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They're changing all the time. You might not find anyone with the equipment for programming them...assuming they're digital like all the new ones.

― George Orwell

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
When getting them make sure the audiologist does a GOOD hearing test. Airplanes killed my high frequency response so they adjusted them to "fill in the missing" frequencies. They are not just sound magnifiers! I had especial trouble in areas with hard surfaces, I could hear conversations across the room but not someone up close. Not the higher frequencies in the voice but the bass tones were good. Now you can adjust your aids with a program on your smart phone to amplify correctly for the environment around you. So if in say a restaurant with hard surfaces it adjusts the aids to the ambient noise/quality which would be different than if you were standing in a field.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The biggest mistake people make is to wear them for a few days and then chuck them into a drawer. Yes, things will sound a LOT different. (That ought to be a "well DUH!" moment.) It takes a month or so for your brain to recalibrate to the new normal - a phrase I now hate after COVID, but is accurate in this instance. That's precisely why the better suppliers give a 90-day trial.

For veterans, the VA has changed a lot in the past few years. Decades ago, the unspoken rule seemed to be to deny benefits if possible. Not now. These days, if you walk in the door, you will get hearing aids. The audio office here in Utah is highly competent and friendly, and after my comprehensive test, the only question they asked was what color aids did I want. They've also greatly widened the Agent Orange presumptive cause list, but that's a different topic I need not open here. Bottom line is they are now very vet friendly.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Frank_K
When getting them make sure the audiologist does a GOOD hearing test. Airplanes killed my high frequency response so they adjusted them to "fill in the missing" frequencies. They are not just sound magnifiers! I had especial trouble in areas with hard surfaces, I could hear conversations across the room but not someone up close. Not the higher frequencies in the voice but the bass tones were good. Now you can adjust your aids with a program on your smart phone to amplify correctly for the environment around you. So if in say a restaurant with hard surfaces it adjusts the aids to the ambient noise/quality which would be different than if you were standing in a field.
I have an appointment in a few days for new aids. My old ones are 8 years old and 1 quit entirely. When I got mine, the phone app was new and never worked very well. I need it to work.

― George Orwell

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Windfall
Speaking of free, I've been thinking of trying out my late mom's 6K pair or deceased Aunt June's pair that are in a box in the basement. How much different can they be? Sure maybe some nuances in the fit or frequency, but something might beat nothing. Do morticians normally bury hearing aids?

I've never buried a hearing aid and am unaware of anyone who has.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I finally decided to get hearing aids I went to Costco based on prior recommendations by Rocky Raab. Mine cost me about $1,100 Cdn. Am very satisfied with their service. They rebuilt one for free after I made the mistake of stepping into the shower without removing them, for example. This isn't the only example just what was potentially the most expensive. It was stupidity on my part and I was prepared to pay but there was no mention of it by the store.

Thank you Rocky.

Jim

Last edited by 1OntarioJim; 03/13/21. Reason: make a correction
V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
"they damn sure can't help you tell the difference betwixt Z C T D...etc"

Either you need better hearing aids or your hearing loss is too great to be fixed by hearing aids. Mine have worked great since the day I got them. The only I don't like about mine is that music doesn't sound the same.

Last edited by victoro; 03/13/21.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by victoro
"they damn sure can't help you tell the difference betwixt Z C T D...etc"

Either you need better hearing aids or your hearing loss is too great to be fixed by hearing aids. Mine have worked great since the day I got them. The only I don't like about mine is that music doesn't sound the same.

I didn't by the $250.00 kind dude!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,397 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,695
Posts18,475,163
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.