Sam......

GB1

K
killerv Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
finally got to handle one, I like it but they will have to come down in price before I bite. Paid 250 from psa for my gen 1 shield, after taxes and transfer. I think I have 290ish in it. My lgs wanted 529 for the shield plus the other day.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Got mine last week. Mine came with factory night sights and three mags (They normally come with two), but I paid standard price for it, so I'm assuming the sales clerk screwed up. I hope he doesn't get into trouble for it, but I'm not going back with the extra $100.00 in hand to make up the difference. A deal's a deal.

I shot 150 rounds of S&B 115 grain FMJ and 25 rounds of 124 grain Gold Dot through it. Flawless function (no surprise). I like it.

[Linked Image]

PS I didn't realize I had the Night Sight version till I got it home. I didn't even know they offered them with factory tritium night sights and an extra mag.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by killerv
finally got to handle one, I like it but they will have to come down in price before I bite. Paid 250 from psa for my gen 1 shield, after taxes and transfer. I think I have 290ish in it. My lgs wanted 529 for the shield plus the other day.

Sounds like it is priced competitively with the other popular 9 mm's from Sig, Glock, Springfield, ect. The Gen 1 Shield was heavily discounted after the 2.0 version was introduced. I wouldn't expect this new high capacity 2.0 Plus version to sell close to the price of the older Gen 1 guns.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Seems everyone is making a 365 competitor now. So we have the following

Springfield Hellcat
M&P Shield Plus
Ruger Max9
Glock 48/43x with Shield S15 mags
Sccy DVG
Taurus G3C Toro

Am I missing any from that list?
Well, you have to go where the market takes you. The 365 was a breakthrough design and everyone is following.

I had a chance to shoot the Taurus Toro; I was impressed. Taurus seems to really have it together these days in their auto pistols.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Friends don't let friends use Taurus in a life threatening situation

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Got mine last week. Mine came with factory night sights and three mags (They normally come with two), but I paid standard price for it, so I'm assuming the sales clerk screwed up. I hope he doesn't get into trouble for it, but I'm not going back with the extra $100.00 in hand to make up the difference. A deal's a deal.

I shot 150 rounds of S&B 115 grain FMJ and 25 rounds of 124 grain Gold Dot through it. Flawless function (no surprise). I like it.

[Linked Image]
Nice! I think I am going to run a XS Big Dot front and rear sight on mine.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by smallfry

Had those on my Ruger LC9S Pro. Wasn't crazy about them. If I got mine without factory tritium night sights, I'd buy a set of AmeriGlo Hackathorns.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
My only complaint is that the rough, sandpaper-like, texture on the grips makes initial grip acquisition a little slower from the draw. When the grips are a bit smoother, you can slide your hand right into a proper grip with ease before you begin to draw. With the rough texture on the grips, you really have to apply some significant downward force to defeat the friction in order to get a full and proper grip in advance of the draw. It's a training issue that can be overcome, but it's a legitimate complaint. Of course, it's made up for somewhat by the superior grip retention under recoil, even with wet hands.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

Had those on my Ruger LC9S Pro. Wasn't crazy about them. If I got mine without factory tritium night sights, I'd buy a set of AmeriGlo Hackathorns.

What don’t you like about them?

S

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The makes me want to find a first edition M&P40C and belt-sander the pointless rail off it.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

What don’t you like about them?

S

Hard to put my finger on it. I do really like bright orange on the front sight, though, rather than plain white.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Do you know where to snag some extra magazines? grin

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Hope it serves you well. I like my mc1sc mossberg cause it's slim and shoots like a bigger gun. Far as capacity it's nice to have.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'll probably have to get one, I love my 1st gen shield.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/mp-shield-plus

I bought a first generation shield for $199 when they had a lot of sales and $50 rebates from S&W. Best $200 I ever spent on a handgun. I carry a Sig 365XL daily, but can't help to think that the Shield Plus would be just as nice to carry and they shoot so well. Well made pistols for the money. I like the option of the manual safety with the Sigs and the S&W Shields, first generation anyway. Don't know if the newer ones are available with manual safety.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Do you know where to snag some extra magazines? grin

Tried everywhere. No one has any. In a month or two, they might start trickling in to Midway and Brownells.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

I bought a first generation shield for $199 when they had a lot of sales and $50 rebates from S&W. Best $200 I ever spent on a handgun. I carry a Sig 365XL daily, but can't help to think that the Shield Plus would be just as nice to carry and they shoot so well. Well made pistols for the money. I like the option of the manual safety with the Sigs and the S&W Shields, first generation anyway. Don't know if the newer ones are available with manual safety.

Yes, they are available with a manual safety, but I requested one without one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A major upgrade in round count that fits in my current holster. What’s not to like?

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Yes, they are available with a manual safety, but I requested one without one.

Very good business strategy on their part. No matter where you opinion falls about a manual safety, they have a model just for you.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Very good business strategy on their part. No matter where you opinion falls about a manual safety, they have a model just for you.

Maybe, but they're as useless as tits on a bull, as far as I'm concerned.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 51 invisible), 2,696 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,188
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.