Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We have a smart TV that's supposed to be bluetooth compatible. I'm looking forward to using bluetooth so I can watch shows without captions.

I have a Smart tv too but I don't use any of the "Smart" features because I don't know how. I'd have to get one of my grandkids to train me. If you can figure out how to connect your hearing aids to to your TV let me know. I just checked for a TV app in my iphone App store and couldn't find one. There is an app for a Samsung tv remote control that might come in handy if my remote craps out (again).

The first thing I did when I got home with my new hearing aids was to turn my tv on to see how loud it was. It was very loud! I reduced the the volume from 90 to 45 and could hear great. The volume on some stations it too low but all the ads are way to loud. As far as understanding what people are saying on tv I use my phone app just like I do when I'm around people. Things like Noise filter and Speech clarity. You can also play with the base and treble.

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Question, my right ear is my worst, would one aid work?
And which ear?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by victoro
"Go to Costco.Bought mine for $1500 for the pair.The rechargeable ones are double."

When did you buy them? I bought my rechargeable ReSound hearing aids in Aug 2019 and paid $2500. I had to pay $500 for the charger, Medicare & United Healthcare Med Advantage paid the rest.

I bought mine last December

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Question, my right ear is my worst, would one aid work?
And which ear?

N o, get two. One is like wearing a monocle for the vision impaired.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
We got a speaker bar that sits in front of the TV. It's about 3' long and has very good sound. I can hear the sound other than voices fine. I just can't make out what they're saying. There's plenty of volume but no clarity.

That is why you need hearing aids so software can increase the hearing of the high frequency that you more than likely lost.If I am watching TV and take my aids out,it sounds like some one turned up the base.I can hear the sounds,but can't put the words together. The technician explained that if I let it go to long enough,eventually my brain would quit trying. I would lose even more.

I don' t know if it is good or bad, but men typically lose the higher frequency hearing (shooting does that) and women's voices are usually a higher frequency than men's. So once you get a good set of hearing aids,you can hear your wife and other women a lot better and even understand what they are bitching about.You don't want them to know this though.

Another feature is the new aids can operate with blue tooth. Once set with your phone,they act like a reciever and transmitter. The phone talk seems like it is inside your head

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
What?

My left ear is really bad. I preached to our kids, if you're going to target practice, you're going to wear hearing protection. Not debatable.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought hearing aids at Costco about three or four years ago. Checked at a hearing aid place in Sierra Vista and they wanted $7,000.00. Paid $1,800.00 at Costco. I was satisfied with the service but not so much the hearing aids. They just didn't do what I expected them to do. Thought well that's the price you pay for going cheap. Things were louder but still couldn't hear or understand lots of things. They did connect to my phone so much easier to carry on a phone conversation.
Had them cleaned several times. Went back and they checked my hearing a couple times and readjusted the hearing aids. They were always service oriented and willing to help. Last time I went back we talked and they suggested several things. Changed some things about my hearing aids and I have been much happier with the hearing aids. I still can't understand a lot of what is said in movies on tv and can't understand anything about what they now call music.
They definitely take getting used to and there is a learning curve to hearing again. The same hearing aids are now $1,200.00 at Costco. Rechargeable hearing aids would be a no go for me. Mine always quit at the most inconvenient time. Change batteries and go on.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
In church, I have my wife sit on my left, my left ear works a bit. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raeford
Every time I take a mask off, they come off with it. Luckily, the only place here where I have to wear a mask is Costco and dr. offices.

Get a neck gaitor-gaiter-gater or whatever.

This.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by Raeford
Every time I take a mask off, they come off with it. Luckily, the only place here where I have to wear a mask is Costco and dr. offices.

Get a neck gaitor-gaiter-gater or whatever.

This.

I found if I always take off the loop that goes on top of the ear before the bottom, the mask comes off without the hearing aid attached

IC B3

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,647
Posts18,474,581
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.