Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jolintaxidermy
Originally Posted by Horryleverman
Do people really get upset if a member only posts in the classifieds? Im definitely "guilty" of that...

I am guilty as well. It’s a double edge sword, however.

Many of the same people that rip a guy for only posting in the classifieds are the same people degrading people or make fun of them when they actually post opinions, experiences, or thoughts of their own, or “contributing” to the overall good of the campfire.

Bottom line- have fun, have thick skin, and hopefully find a few deals here and there.

If we were all the same and/or perfect there would be no need for these sites.

OTOH, I'm willing to buy stuff when I find it for those looking for shippable items like bullets.I'd only get stuff that's easy to resell if someone backs out or I could use for myself. My charges would be cost plus tax plus shipping. Then again with risk of loss it may not be worth it.

He who laughs last is slow-witted.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
I don't recall anyone forcing anyone to pay the prices. If you don't like the price don't buy.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Notice lil' Ricky has thrown a grenade into the forum and run 180 degrees in the opposite direction. STFU and move to another post if you don't like the price. Happens to my posts all the time. eek

The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Rick324
So please don't insult us by posting your gun or ammo and post a GunBroker thread showing that an item like yours sold for some rediculous price and say what you are asking is Good. IT'S NOT!!! AND WE KNOW IT!

My feeling is that you have not participated here long enough to speak for all of us. Stick to the "first person singular" with posts like these. Just my two cents.

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
It helps to save time. I know when I see a link to Gunbroker that I can stop looking and move on.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
1000 CCI lg pistol primers
500 sm pistol primers
2000 lg rifle magnum primers, trade for 2012 and up Polaris RZR.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by jolintaxidermy
Do people really get upset if a member only posts in the classifieds? Im definitely "guilty" of that...

I am guilty as well. It’s a double edge sword, however.

Many of the same people that rip a guy for only posting in the classifieds are the same people degrading people or make fun of them when they actually post opinions, experiences, or thoughts of their own, or “contributing” to the overall good of the campfire.

Bottom line- have fun, have thick skin, and hopefully find a few deals here and there.

Amen

Sounds good to me?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I blame antifa and blm! And NFAC!

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Well Mr.Rick324 has come here to buy cheap and sell high.Thats what he is saying,He actually has no interest in hunting,shooting or just shooting the chit.He can`t waste his time reading a whole ad to find out the person wants to sell at what he wants to sell for.What a dick!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I am sick of the whining about prices. We are free to ask what we want for our goods. We are free to not buy if we don't think it is a good value.
Just move on. Let's treat each other with respect and continue to enjoy our obsession.

Last edited by Oso250; 03/17/21.
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Will trade grandchild for 1000 CCI magnum primers.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I'm sure everyone likes a good deal. But if the bullets I'm looking for are priced high, if I can find them, what is the problem with me selling mine for enough to buy what I want. It comes down to for me , basically to a straight across trade. That point doesn't seem to be considered.. Not everyone selling high is a scammer.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It depends what the item is; if it’s something I want and have been looking for I might be more than happy to pay GB prices.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I would, but already got those!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Scopebite65
Notice lil' Ricky has thrown a grenade into the forum and run 180 degrees in the opposite direction. STFU and move to another post if you don't like the price. Happens to my posts all the time. eek

At least you get a free bump out of it instead of us always self serving our own posts so there's that!

He who laughs last is slow-witted.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelopedundee
Here is some commentary from Len Backus on LRH

The rules require prices to be stated by sellers but if you don't like the price do not buy but do not hijack the sellers' thread with criticism.

This price complaining and hijacking is getting ridiculous.

Just don't buy.

Do not hijack threads.

Stay out of the thread if you want to remain on LRH.

Sounds like good advice to me.

Yes. Same on sniper's hide. If u post criticism on anybody's ad you get a warning. If you do it again you get a 10-day vacation. Definitely cleans it right up. You don't see any of this there

Live and die by the Browning...
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I gladly paid high prices for some stuff I needed lol.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If one of you jackals would convince Grice or another retailer to persuade Browning to make a special run of X-Bolt rifles in 358 Winchester, I'd mail you a left testicle

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You would do well to abide by the Campfire motto, GFY.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by antelopedundee
Originally Posted by Scopebite65

At least you get a free bump out of it instead of us always self serving our own posts so there's that!

Water finds its own level. Prices do, too.

The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (1minute, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 204guy, 49 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,912
Posts18,498,301
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.