Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by Backroads
Lol, do you trust your wife to drive your jet boat?

Wifey drives the cshit out of our boat, she loads and unloads it.

Back it down the ramp too, without making those waiting cuss an' holler?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Good job, Happster...ya got their attention...! Stay the course!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by rost495

Yes. Airboat too

How about an air fryer?

Wife wants to look into gettin' one of those.

You can recommend a good one?

we bought a Emeril Lagasse air fryer COSTCO had on sale., seems to work ok.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by rost495

Yes. Airboat too

How about an air fryer?

Wife wants to look into gettin' one of those.

You can recommend a good one?

The Ninja Foodie does a good job as a pressure cooker and air fries as well. And it only takes up one space on the counter.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

You ought to see the guys all stare when my gorgeous, petite, blonde eighteen year old granddaughter whips the empty boat trailer down the ramp for me, while I wait in the river.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ethnd why.anEdwards
- - - - - Christians should take note of the level of animosity towards the Camper and wonder why this is. That is, if they don't already at least, have an inkling. - - - -
That is some interesting, although unsolicited, advice. However, when occasionally I take note of such animosity expressed by you or others, I do not wonder why - the reason seems obvious.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sse

Keep proselytizing Happy.

Like fishing, enough casts and you're bound to catch someone who will join that "pastor's" church.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Not according to my Aunts, Uncles, or Beloved Grandmother. I am just another heathen doomed to eternal damnation.

Ahhh...a conservative.
Wrong side of the fence. A lieberal demoncrap. I'm not saying IS is one of those but the demoncraps, formerly democrats, have mostly fallen away from the Word of God, if they ever knew what it was.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

You ought to see the guys all stare when my gorgeous, petite, blonde eighteen year old granddaughter whips the empty boat trailer down the ramp for me, while I wait in the river.

She can catch a mate that way, ya know.

That's a desirable quality in a woman.

Can she tun the rototiller too?

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 700LH

we bought a Emeril Lagasse air fryer COSTCO had on sale., seems to work ok.

The Ninja Foodie does a good job as a pressure cooker and air fries as well. And it only takes up one space on the counter.

Thanks guys, I'll tell her to look into those. Counter space is at a premium here, but I'm not sure she desires a pressure cooker. Now, it it's big enough to can fish in, I'd be all for it!

In it is contentment

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Gentiles aren't under the law
Ro 6:14 For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

Jesus fulfilled the law and condensed it into these 2 commands:
Mt 22:37 And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
38 This is the great and first commandment.
39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."

Bingo! x100 for the win. The only real win. These two keep me pretty busy. I'm tryin' to love my neighbor as myself but, man, he makes it hard! ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. He doesn't grade on a curve. He uses a cross.

Well said!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sse

Keep proselytizing Happy.

Like fishing, enough casts and you're bound to catch someone who will join that "pastor's" church.

Then swallowed hook line and sinker

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Seriously?

No. Pathetically.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
IS....

There is quite a bit in your post and I cannot now respond to most of it.... But....you pose some legit questions here.... so this is a brief and inadequate start:

You posted:

"All due respect here.

But does not our interpretation of the Bible have to adhere to some rules of logic?

If Old Testament Law becomes null and void at the moment of Jesus's sacrifice, does that not have to mean ALL Old Testament Law?
"

I know that much of what I write will likely make no sense to some, but here is the reader's digest version.... yes, incomplete but this the 'Fire and if a post is not "brief" folks wont read it.

In my opinion, the Bible does adhere to rules of logic. But "rules of logic" are based on the rules that apply to the thinking process and to the process of determining what is logical .... ie following logically from the info and ideas presented... . If an onlooker has not been present in some debate but joins later... perhaps missed some "logic" previously presented and if that onlooker does not understand the content being debated, this onlooker may view the debate conclusion with confusion and skepticism. Yep, that the way it is... happened to me several times and still happens to me. The study of Bible dispensations will greatly aid in understanding how God deals with Man.

The "law" in the OT provided insight into the purpose and character of God. The law shows us how serious He is regarding sin and regarding His love for His people. It provided a model of "innocent blood" as an atonement for sin. See the OT Passover... the blood of an innocent lamb caused the "passover" for those who had heeded God's instruction and who were "covered by the blood." Note that in the OT, all of these sacrifices were for temporary atonement...just the sacrifices of animals. The sacrifices in the temple had to be repeated again and again.... until the "perfect blood sacrifice" was made.... the Perfect Lamb of God.

Now, I realize that these comments will likely prompt a convention of seagulls, but ok...this is the 'Fire

Jesus did not come to "negate" or "deny" or "destroy" the law.... He came and fulfilled it. He was God's perfect and innocent blood sacrifice.... that is why Christians will often use the phrase "covered by the blood." Jesus, the perfect sacrifice. Once one accepts that God does indeed love him and indeed provided a perfect sacrifice in the Son, that person is forgiven... his sins atoned for by the blood of the Lamb... spiritual life is given and he is joined into the Body of Christ.... no more sin sacrifice is needed.....as they say, "Jesus paid it all."

In my opinion, the OT law stands but is fulfilled in Jesus so as a part of the Body of Christ, no more sin sacrifice is required..... no more being judged by the Law. There are many NT passages that address this.

Now, to go one dangerous step further... if one is not covered by the blood.... if one has no sin "covering," will he be judged by God by the Law? Not good .... there is no one of us that has not broken the Law in someway. There is this thought that there are two judgments for individuals. One judgement is for those who have denied Jesus and refused to accept the gift...judged in light of their sin...... and the other judgment is for Believers, who will be judged, not for their sin, but for the "works" done in behalf of the Lord while on this earth.

Anyway, that's it for now.... I gotta get back to work.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
When Jesus died on the cross for the sins of man. Man was freed from old Jewish laws such as the sabbath or not eating pork.

This is where Christian faith diverges from Judaism.

By that logic it also frees us from the rest of the 10 commandments as well, such as thou shall not commit murder, theft, adultery and bearing false witness.
But only fools would consider that logic. I doubt you do. But as a fact, there were a few murdering men of God in the Old Testament. Not so in the New. Moses and David come to mind.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
When Jesus died on the cross for the sins of man. Man was freed from old Jewish laws such as the sabbath or not eating pork.

This is where Christian faith diverges from Judaism.

The larger divergence is not believing the Messiah they were expecting was Jesus.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Happy, you lucky bastige, you should be happy you arent Trump. Then you would be in deep schiett.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by renegade50
Dont dislike the guy.

But the preacher vids he puts up and all the links other members put up about that preachers hijinks.

Kinda make me think maybe HC oughta reevaluate who he listens too or follows.

When 100 people bring out points about corruption and 1 person seems to not want to see it.
Maybe it's time for that 1 person to take off the rose colored glasses and seek spiritual guidance from a different place.

It's almost cult like with some of those vid clips.
JMO....

Name those hundred people. I'll wait.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
[Linked Image]

I like mine drizzled with a good olive oil and a light sprinkle of Kosher salt.

Or sometimes, for fun, I use the "Everything" bagel topping.

In it is contentment

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (163bc, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,568
Posts18,491,848
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.