Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,387 of 1,842 1 2 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
What is the foam/pex thing gonna be? A swimming pool or a pond? I couldn't find it going back a few pages sorry.

I've enjoyed what I've read on this thread tremendously.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8983637/1

That will get you up to speed Paradiddle

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Rooster7
What is the foam/pex thing gonna be? A swimming pool or a pond? I couldn't find it going back a few pages sorry.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8983637/1

That will get you up to speed Paradiddle

perfect. Thank you!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N

The foam is a combination of 1" foam sheeting plus another inch of sprayed foam which creates an insulation liner between the ground and the concrete which will be poured inside that foam area. It's sort of like a foam lined mold for a concrete slab that my new shop will be built on. The maze of small white tubing on top of the yellow foam will circulate hot water. The entire concrete slab becomes a heating element.

That is how we will heat this new shop in the winter months.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Assuming it's poured by the winter months. Don't get over-confident, ND.

whistle

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Happy birthday to my dearest friend.

I hope you and your dad found yourself a nice fishing hole up in heaven. I can almost hear the conversation from the 16 ft aluminum fishing boat as the waves slap away at the sides.

Dusty is on the tiller, kicks it into gear to position the boat towards a couple of guys that are getting too close to his fishing spot. The motor dies, he calls the motor "Newt"

"Well... Come on now, what's the matter there Newt?" Hits the starter button and hits his shift with a hair more RPM this time and Newt holds idle.

He takes a bite of his sandwich. It's a buttered bun with a slice of liverwurst in it.

Waylon's rod tip is tapping... donk-donk-donk... he leads into the fish, takes up the line.. waits to feel the weight of the fish hanging on as the boat drift tightens the line further. He's there... a swift line set...

"Dang it!"

Dusty: "What's the matter with ya? Poor fisherman? Haa! Haa! Haa!"

Waylon: "He got my minnow"

smile

Happy birthday Waylon. 44 today.

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Fishin on Waylons birthday, in heaven?

You think they ain't?!!! grin

I can hear uncle dustys laugh when Waylon misses that fish. Man I miss him!

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Spot on! lol

Happy Birthday Buddy!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Our church is doing a series on heaven and I have found it really interesting. It sounds like it will be a lot more like earth than I had previously thought, only better. My question is, will we miss fish in heaven or will we catch them all?

And here is why I struggle with that....using this example....in Waylon's version of heaven, he wouldnt miss that fish! In Dusty's version, Waylon would also miss the next 7 fish! So which is right??

Last edited by Berettaman; 07/01/14.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Lol... That's funny.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
In my version, I don't care if we catch fish, but I would like the river current to slow and the wind at my back so I can get the boat on the trailer straight. grin

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
That is funny B-man! And as each fish was lost Dusty would laugh harder and harder. I've been the subject of that. I know! lol

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, your concrete crew is working in SD. Wind was unreal today. MY mileage dropped from 24 to 18.5. Spending the night in Gillette, WY.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Our church is doing a series on heaven and I have found it really interesting. It sounds like it will be a lot more like earth than I had previously thought, only better. My question is, will we miss fish in heaven or will we catch them all?

And here is why I struggle with that....using this example....in Waylon's version of heaven, he wouldnt miss that fish! In Dusty's version, Waylon would also miss the next 7 fish! So which is right??
I have no doubt whatsoever when I get there that the results will be the same. Dad will have 5 fish in the boat before I get the bird's nest out of my damned baitcaster. That wicked little grin will come across his face as he looks at me in amusement. Things will be normal once again.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So who's got plans for the 4th? We're heading up to Emily for Thurs.-Sunday. Hoping to knock the Whitefish Chain off my Minnesota bucket list. It's about 25 minutes from where we're staying in Emily. Should any of our members be up in the Emily area for the weekend, how 'bout stopping by for a hot dog on the grill one night?

Best wishes for a happy and safe 4th to all the Chickenbuckers.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I think we're going to the rodeo, little man is going to try the mutton bustin. After that who knows, probably do some BBQin and getting ready for the following weekend, mama is all a flutter with what needs to be done before the big day.

been busy as heck this summer, food plots are looking great, even seeing some broods the last couple weeks. saw a bobwhite yesterday, they are pretty rare here.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We will be celebrating my Dad's 79th birthday on the 3rd. Than on the morning of the 4th, we are hauling the fish camper up to the in-laws cabin. My sisters and BIL are coming down from up 'nort to spend the weekend with us. My oldest sis is bringing my great nephew along. I can't wait to see him. We pretty much raised that boy in his infant and toddler years while my niece got her life straight. He is 6 now and we don't get to see him much so really looking forward to teaching him how to fish etc.

Have a safe 4th everyone!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We will be busy "laking" it. We have a kiddie parade on the south end in the morning, then a boat parade with everyone on the lake that ends in a potluck that evening. Lots of tubing, skiing and swimming in between. A 5K starts our Saturday morning off before Survivor Day at my uncles.

What is Survivor Day? You know the TV show Survivor? We all come up with stupid games, form into 2 teams and compete like crazy. Some great games have been thought up over the years. Like finding an M&M with only your mouth (no hands) in a diaper full of chocolate pudding. The fun meter is primed to be pegged this weekend. Everyone have a fun and safe 4th!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

been busy as heck this summer, food plots are looking great, even seeing some broods the last couple weeks. saw a bobwhite yesterday, they are pretty rare here.

Keep those food plots high and tight. I'll be there in a few months. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
saw a nice buck yesterday, main beams are well past his ears and are 12" high off his head. tines were about 4-5" and there is a lot of time to grow yet. I'm thinking this will be a year of really good deer

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We got a nice one on our trail cam too! Stoking the fire!

Page 1,387 of 1,842 1 2 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

301 members (1lesfox, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 25 invisible), 1,831 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,828
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.